Surnadal - Kvanne - Meisingset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surnadal - Kvanne - Meisingset

Went to Surnadal between Kristiansund and Trondheim this week-end for a meeting.
    In a break Saturday, I drove around and took some pictures.
    Then a few more driving home today via ferry between Kvanne and Røkkum, and some amazing pictures from a small place called Meisingset close to Tingvoll.

Here's melting ice along the road past the old Surnadalsøra

Standing iceacles in b/w

Ice broke loose further upstream the river Surna, beached near the river outlet

The old Surnadalsøra downstream (this is the river Surna outlet)

Same place upstream

In Surnadalsøra they also have an old firestation. Still in use, but a new one is being erected closer to todays Surnadal

Special architecture, as the hole building is curved. The old alarm siren can be seen high up on the wall...
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 4th, 2011, 07:07.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

"Main street" in old Surnadalsøra. Digging and making the road as it is, is due to change of waterpipes and such

And they certainly have some strange houses there

The old tin plate workshop

Down in the leisurecraft harbour was a motoryacht called "Cherie". She's shortly to be moved together with her owner to Mjøsa

A sandbank in the river outlet
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 4th, 2011, 07:05.

Comment

An old warehouse by the Kvanne ferry dock

An old boathouse a bit further out the fjord from the dock

I found the rusty old side panel of the ferry dock interesting enough to take pictures of...

Then the fery closed in and it was time to go back to my car.
      The ferry is good old "Goma" (Yes, thank you..., I know. Not the sharpest image I've come up with)

Then finally, the nicest images of today from my hand. And it's amazing how nature itself can come up with art that is priceless. You just have to be there...
      Here's Meisingset, between the ferry stretch and Tingvoll on the way to Kristiansund

The sea was just SO calm!!

And I could not resist this last one. Try to turn it around yourself..., a nice little effect

Thank you for watching!!

Comment

Thank you for posting!! Wonderful pictures. It would be interesting to know more about the story behind that "cut-out-house". Amazing!
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Wow Sterkoder, what a place, what fine photos….
          The view with those red warehouse buildings you took standing right on the water’s edge, the extraordinary house, and the superb lines of the sandbank in the river outlet… you know I am thinking that you are rather often master of this kind of vertical “portrait format” composition. Part of the Sterkoder Style.

And then there is the old boathouse with the mossy roof and the row of trees behind. A special image, and I am thinking it is different from what I would have taken and what pakarang would have taken if we had been there with you, so confidently are you finding your talent behind the camera.

I like this place for not being simply “picturesque-pretty”. There seem to have been interesting later styles of architecture amongst older houses, as well as in public buildings such as the fire station. The apparent willingness to adapt and add to buildings without having to conform to stylistic regulations seems to have avoided over “gentrification” and given us a fascinating mix – I’ve just been spending ages enjoying looking at the street scene above the tin plate workshop photo for example.
          And that amazing house! I would be wonderful to discover its history (rather like Elizabeth was able to find about the house across the road from her home) to fully explain the quirky delight seen today.

All this, AND patterns in rust, a rather nice boat, a Fjord1 ferry, and I haven’t even mentioned those reflections!!!!!!!!!!!! Lost for words with those, so I’m just going to make a mug of coffee, and sit, relax a while and gaze into the water.

Comment

Thank yopu so much for those kind comments!
            I can tell you the story of that half house, maybe, but you'll have to give me some time on that.
            In the meantime, I've made a map for you, describing where the location was for my images.
            If you Google Surnadal, maybe with a satelite photo, you get an idea as to where it is according to Kristiansund and all.
            Surnadal is one of the places they want cruiseships to visit...., that and the next fjord Todalen.

Comment

Here's another map for you, showing Nordmøre, with places marked of Kvanne ferry dock, Meisingset where I took the mirrorlike images of the old houses and more...

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhh annotated maps! What a delight! Thanks so much Sterkoder. It not only adds to the pleasures of your pictures but also gives a context to things in other recent posts/threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                  Ohhhhhhhhh annotated maps! What a delight! Thanks so much Sterkoder. It not only adds to the pleasures of your pictures but also gives a context to things in other recent posts/threads.
                  These maps were made because I kind of wanted you with me...., I wanted you to "see" where I took my pictures, and last but not least..., these maps might tell someone something in case anyone out there wants to visit my region some time...
                  Anyway, I'm happy you found my "geography lesson" helpful, as well as others

Comment

stunning mages sterkoder.
                    nice wooden boat.colorful place there, even with the half house.
                    love those mirror images,what a luck with that flat waterline.

carry on
                    best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                      stunning mages sterkoder.
                      nice wooden boat.colorful place there, even with the half house.
                      love those mirror images,what a luck with that flat waterline.

carry on
                      Thanks, Thijs!!
                      Yes, I will carry on....,belive me
                      The pictures of the houses in a mirrored sea was pure luck.
                      I was driving road nr. 70 toward Kristiansund and I was a little late. I've always known about this little place as my family have had a cottage not far from it since early 1970s.
                      As the time flew and the daylight begun to fade away, I decided 10 meters before the road exit to go there anyway to have a looksee...., and lucky me; you all saw the result

Comment

It was a magnificent collection of pictures that you took on your trip, Sterkoder
                        Awesome pictures and I would not have minded taking a trip with the beautiful wooden boat.

Great pictures with a map that shows where you have been.

Comment

Thank you for those nice comments, Bengt!! Highly appreciated!!

(Love your maritime smilies, by the way...)

Comment

Great!

Love your photographs Sterkoder... (your ice images were taken only about 40-50 meters away from my aunt's house!)....

I have many times been to these places, but never (had the time?) to take out my camera there.... shame on me, I know!
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Re: Surnadal - Kvanne - Meisingset

A couple more images from Surndalsøra:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                              X