This is Kristiansand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Kristiansand

Due to all the excitement of the Tall Ships Race in Kristiansand last summer, as well as a very special CVF family get-together there, I have only just got round to looking at the other photos I took of the town in the very little spare time I had between all the other activities!

And I have only just realised that I’ll have to create a new thread to put them in!!!!! I’m always a bit timid about new threads. But there is only one about the zoo, Oh well, at least it should subsequently encourage HurtigruteMartin to post a bit more at those times when he is on holiday back there in his home town!

He might even want to comment on some of these photos of mine, because I don’t have much to say for myself. They are just me and my camera in some short spare moments looking at and capturing the sort of thing I do when I am wandering around the streets exploring a new place for the first time.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

There is an area of the town, called Posebyen, with streets of old wooden houses, many painted white.

Comment

Comment

I noticed how the doors on the corners of the streets are often at an angle.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

A very, very interesting new thread I think... largely because this is a town I have never spent any significant time in, just rushing through.

I have no idea why I have never made an effort to stop there: maybe thinking that it had nothing special?

Well, these images proves me wrong!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post

I have no idea why I have never made an effort to stop there: maybe thinking that it had nothing special?

Well, these images proves me wrong!

Shame on you, Captain

Nothing special????????????

My beloved home-town !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you have to been born and raised here, to see the beauti. But this is the very best place in the world

(But I might be disqualified)

Comment

I like Kristiansand very much.
                              I've been attending a 3 month course in 1982 at the RNoAF Technical School at Kjevik, been to courses at FORCE Technology (had to do with my present job), been there on vacation and last, but not least, my kin comes from Kristiansand.

Enough about me. Nice images as always from Cecilia..., and if I haven't known better; I could swear we were some place in a small danish village....
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Working...
                              X