Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh that shadow on the tree trunk…I really like that image. Not only because of the shadow though –that gives an interesting focus of attention, its shape and particular colour and so on. But I like the way everything else …all the leaves…trunk…patches of light…are evenly distributed throughout the frame. An all-over pattern as you might have in a carpet for example. Yet a composition held together by the shadow leaf. Altogether unusual and lovely.

The colours of the next one are nice, and then in the next again you always know when to give us b&w. (perhaps wherrygirl will confirm the willow…there are so many varieties).
    I love the dandelion, and am I being fanciful when looking at that special, almost pale frosty blue hue of the flower seeds, that this feels like a survivor out of season and somehow gives the image a poignant quality, far from simply a flower photo. It also made me think of spherical shaped lights..lamps.. in a photo I took recently as well as in another of pakarangs…well you know me always seeing connections where you’d least expect…

Oh…only just seen the continuation past #99…back later!

Comment

The seagull-neighbouring rocks are lovely in the soft warm light Sterkoder, and I so like how you have the loose bright rock in the foreground with its bluish shadow, and then the balance of the creamy coloured out of focus rocks in the distance.

Wow 102/1, a semi-abstract study in pale blue. And 102/3 with rocks in alignment (and I can just imagine you looking for stepping stones so as to get in exactly the right position to take it!)

“On the edge” is my favourite snail! For me, had the snail been seen against all-dark background, the precarious feeling of being on the edge wouldn’t have been so well conveyed as it is with those rather unsettling brighter out of focus areas…first I look at the snail, then the brighter area on the right…and then at the area to the left which bends down and emphasised the possibility of falling.

I also liked the blend of sky and water in the last image of #103

Yes, agree the next b&w images are rather too uniform, lacking a really rich black area of contrast. But I like the composition of the second one and wondered if further experimenting with the exposure could have given it that extra something.

YES…there’s my friend the gnome! I remember him!

Comment

Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

I'm at work, so I don't have time for a longer comment (yepp, true).
        So I'll just say thank you so much for inspirational comments from you so far, Cecilia...!
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Wow! Your pictures have such an improving quality. You are learning fast and much.
          Please accept my favourite votes. They are choosen with the eyes of a bloody amateur with no big attitude to improve and learn..

I like 99/1, because i know these views here from the black forest. Such a view always makes me very happy!
          Then we have some Windows-Screen-Pictures like 100/3 and 105/3, very nice.
          The pond in 105/4 has beautiful colours and a surprising view.
          And my secret favourite is 101/2. This footprint, by the way, would have been also perfect as B/W picture. Perfect composition, size, sharpness...
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks!
            It's always nice to get critics, and belive it or not, also the negative kind.
            From another thread here it might seem like I don't like negative critics at all..., but in that case it was rather about the tone, or way of telling me.
            I use negative critics to learn from..., don't we all...?

I was at Viken farm for 3,5 hours that evening, and came home with 140 pictures. You've seen 40 of them here then...

Really look forward to the autumn with the colours out there in nature.
            Wonder how many images that would lead to...?

Comment

A fantastic collection of photos from your walk,Sterkoder
              Great motifs and compositions
              When I look through your photos, it gives me a great sense of how wonderful it is to go out into the nature, and let the camera speak for saying it in another way.
              There are so many beautiful colors to capture as fall makes its entrance,so it will be exciting times ahead.
              Thanks for a great walking tour, well done
              Best wishes from
              Bengt Domben

Comment

Me and my M-77s were out walking again yesterday, not down by the fjord, but up in the lower hills and forest of the island Frei, where I live...

Here's just the first part of the way up.
                Special note to truckdriver Thijs: this is in fact a 10 tons per axle-pressure road (BK10, the highest BK), where huge Volvo F-12, Scania 530H and other brands haul timber
                Being an ex-truckdriver myself, I can hardly belive it, but it's true

This hill and turns have a steepness of 18,6% (18,6 meters elevation for every 100 meters of road). The turns are almost 10 meters wide to make it possible for the truck and trailers to make it.

After the turn I'm standing in when I took the picture above, the road looks like this..., still climbing

A sign hanging on a tree trunk

Old roots along the road

And nuts on a nut tree sprig. This is as you see hazelnuts.
                (A little blury this one, but the branch moved in the calm wind as I was pushing the button)
                Last edited by Sterkoder; September 5th, 2011, 07:19.

Comment

Finally, from the top of this not too high hill, we can see the suspention bridge in the KRIFAST-system
                  (the system of roads, bridges and tunnel connecting Kristiansund to the mainland. Officially opened in 1992)

Frei church
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; September 5th, 2011, 07:22.

Comment

My walk around Bjerkestrand is now stretched to cover other areas of the island Frei, the largest island of Kristiansund.
                    Today I walked in the direction of a dam called Drabovannet (Drabo dam).
                    This is a dam made to feed freshwater to a factory down by the fjord.
                    This factory ended its production in the mid-1980s.
                    I left my camera at home, but luckily enough I brought my iPhone, so here are some images.

Coming up to the dam, it looks like this

They could really make dams in the older days too..., without huge amount of concrete

On the "inside" of the dam, the motifs started to show themselves...

Comment

I walked out on the dam itself and took a picture vertical down in the water.

Then I got aware of an old rusty wheel out there, a wheel they used to regulate the waterflow down from the dam. Some sort of a gate arrangement

On my way back home, I tried to take a picture of the hangars and tower at Kristiansund airport, and I guess you can barely see them in the rainshower passing
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; September 8th, 2011, 07:08.

Comment

Really nice pictures from the dam! I love those grey and humid autumn days, makes a beautiful light.

Comment

Thank you, Tommi!!

And I have never taken such "artistic" images with an iPhone, or any other mobile phone camera before.
                          As most of you might know now, I enjoy rusty stuff, so the rusty wheel and the one taken vertical down in the water are my favourites here.

The main reason behind my walks in nature now is to get in better shape and to have high puls in a timeperiode of more than 30 minutes.
                          Therefore it's not always handy to bring a camera and to make many stops to take pictures, but I'll always have my iPhone in one of the pockets

One thing is for sure, like you I also enjoy this kind of light now, as I've experienced that sharp sunlight not necesseraly is of the good either.
                          And what can be more beautiful than a handcrafted wet wall of grey stone??

Comment

Today was a boring day here in Kristiansund...., yes, boring.
                            Even more so when my better half and my daughter went to town for some shopping.
                            I decided to grab my camera and clothed up for a walk down to Viken farm again. This time I wanted to find out if I could do such a walk with my 50-200mm only. I leave it up to you to decide, and at the same time, I should say that most of the following images were taken at ISO 1600.
                            I took a total of 66 pictures, and here are 31 of them:

Just out of my house, I found this leaf

Don't know what this is called, but it catched my eyes

A sole rosehip was left on a branch

The green field in front say spring, the tree say autumn and the bathing raft and sailboat say summer. Luckily nothing say winter, and for me personally, that's quite ok

Autumn leafes on a branch not far from the stone seagull near the sea down at Viken

The wind was fair today, so I guess those on board that sailboat enjoy themselves largely
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; October 22nd, 2011, 19:46.

Comment

Small waves comes ashore, making the most unstressful sound on Mother Earth

That sailboat again, this time a bit further in the fjord with my beloved Aspřya in the background

Wonder what all these baluchi hounds (Aphgan Hound) are focusing on...? (Hahahaha)

Of cours, they were only tussocks in the waterline

An old pole standing in the sand in the shoreline

Many strange things can float ashore after a strong wind or simply by the help of the sea current. Here's a plastic bag from the gadgets dealer Biltema

Comment

Memories of a summer long gone (and this year 'never been here') also floated ashore at one time or another

An old tire. Does anyone else than photographers see the beauty in this...?

Also found this beercan by a trunk.

And I felt I could make the picture a bit more interesting by tilting my camera

So, as I left Viken and tried to walk around to the boathouses a way I never tried before, I spotted this seagull on the pole of the breakwater.
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; October 22nd, 2011, 20:54.

Comment

Working...
                                X