Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

For you who have followed this thread a while, you might have seen a special pictogram on the rocks down by the fjord near Viken farm, the white seagull.
    Therefore, I had to bring 'Seagull' to this spot, as her trip would not be complete.
    So, here's my image of our 'Seagull' taking picture of the stone seagull...

Then we walked along the seaside, and suddenly I spottet a rock reminding me of a planet. Then I started to think about the space shuttle "Atlantis" being up there among the stars for the very last time, one thought cought the other...., and you know me; I just had to take this stones picture

A drying out pond with bright green seagrass. First I took a picture straight ahead, making this green pond run vertical in the frame. Not interesting at all.
    Then I remembered what photographer Tom Ang of Singapore told me (via tv), to try and move around if possible to make maximum out of a motif.
    Well, I moved about 50-80 centimeters to the left, and I belive the green running diagonally makes this image more interesting at once...

Then finally, before driving the few meters up to my house from Viken farm, I found these fungus on an old cut down treetrunk.

Now we all have to wait for 'Seagull's images from her visit. I'm so excited!
    (Must get ready now, because I'm meeting my guest for dinner tonight. Think I'll go for the good classic Kristiansund bacalao, but we'll see).
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

What a nice tree trunk! I also like that seegrass. Looking forward to see more!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
        What a nice tree trunk! I also like that seegrass. Looking forward to see more!
        So happy you liked it, Tommi!
        If you want to see more, we both must wait for our Lady C to post her images, because I didn't take that many down at that farm this time.

Just home from a great dinner at SMIA Restaurant now with Cecilia. We both had 'Bacalao de Kristiansund', a good signature dish of that place.
        SMIA was the working place for a smed (smith) so the interior is very, how shall I put it..., pittoresque. There were many relics left from the smiths time used as interior.

And Cecilia, my friend..., THANK YOU for the bacalao...., if I ever forgot to say so when saying goodbye!!!

Comment

I enjoyed that meal so much, such history in the surroundings, a perfect opportunity to enjoy the most typical and delicious local dish, and in the best company. Big THANK YOU from me Svein

Comment

In post #8, Cecilia wrote the following:
            You found a quartz seagull especially for me, Svein! It’s a special place . That settles it. Next year I have to get to Kristiansund and (as well as a ship spotter place or two!) take a photo walk and find that rock.
            Then take a look at picture nr. 1 of post #91....
            (Talk about fullfilling goals!!!)

Comment

Sitting here "all by my lonesome" wondering where everybody went. Or at least it feels like it, as whenever I log on CVF, 'Sterkoder' is the only name coming up together with guests.
              And where's the captain? Has he abandoned ship...?
              Ok, it must be the result of summer

Anyway, no one has bigger marshmellows than us here at Bjerkestrand (mohahahaha)
              Last edited by Sterkoder; July 20th, 2011, 15:04.

Comment

Don't feel lonely, i am quite often in here. The problem is, that i am logged off after several inactive minutes. This is rather new, i mentioned it in another thread, but others did not seem to have that problem. But since that time i am noticing the same effect: Only me is writing and a lot of guests are stalking me....

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I saw a lot of marshmallows farms in Sweden as well...
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A trip down to Viken farm again yesterday, to try out my Pentax 50-200 mm as macro, and the actual macro, the Tamron 90 mm f/2.8.
                    The following images might look like something you've seen in this post before, just so the warning is out...

I walked through the forest, and this is an image about 150 meters from my home

Suddenly got aware of a shadow on a tree trunk

Rowan berries (correct?) on a distance

Wanted to do this in b/w. Wonder if this is what you english speaking members here call willow...?

Rowan berries again, down by the farm

The end of a dandelion by the gravel road

Comment

Rowan berries is beautiful in late evening sunshine

Looking up towards my home from the farm, the fields are green and light is relaxing (in lack of a better word)

Down by the rest area near the shore below the farm, was this small pond in the road

Pinecones and rowan berries in sunshine

Then it was time for some low tide photography again

Comment

The rocks just past the 'famous' seagull-like white pattern.
                        (Sorry, Cecilia..., no images of this one yesterday)

My army M-77 boots is working perfectly in any condition

Looking north-north-east out the Freifjorden towards Tustna

Personally, I think these snails are very nice motifs

Some could even pass as escargots

In fact, these snails are very popular in restaurants...., found right outside our home door

Comment

I've always been a fan of high tide, but after I got interested in photography, low tide is the thing

994 meters high Reinsfjell with the communication/tv masts, and the blue floating bridge in the mainland connection to Kristiansund

Back to the rocks and snails...

Pictures talk for themselves. I think I enjoy snails...., photowise...

Comment

On the edge....

Last ray of sunshine

A very small pond of water makes greenish colour

Close by the shore was rowan berries...., yet again.... (sorry)

And another kind of snail was homeless, so to speak...., not carrying its house

Back to the low tide zone

Comment

Then, a couple of b/w's again. No expert, but doing the best I can at this stage. One thing is for sure, it's always great to go out there and practise 'learning-by-doing'
                              (To do my own critics, I belive they could be more black in a way)

Just a photo I took while sitting down only to listen to the sea...

As you can see, the fjord is going high tide again. At least a trained eye living near the sea all its life can see that...

The fields are so beautiful at this time. I can't imagine that they will be covered in snow in a few months

It was time to head home, and here's the pond you saw in the beginning from the opposite side
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; August 31st, 2011, 00:16.

Comment

Here's a 'guy' living in the forest. Don't know what it's called in english, but in norwegian...., this figure-lookalike thing reminds me of a gnom

This is what a tree root-system looks like if the tree falls over, at least this particular tree

It's getting even later, and the light from the setting sun gets more and more beautiful

The final image, a stone coming up from the basin of the gravel road, suitably shaped as a heart..., if you're open minded and close one eye
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; August 31st, 2011, 00:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X