Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight, I mowed my lawn for the first time this year...., and since I bathed and swimmed in the fjord 24th April, I guess the summer is officially opened.
    In a break, I got my camera out and tried the 90mm macro lense...., but I have a lot to learn.
    The sun had set about 30 minutes before taking the pictures, did not use my tripod and the motifs moved a bit in a gentle breeze.
    They smell very good, called Syriner in norwegian and I belive they are called Lilacs in english(?)
    I think it's two nice images to look at after 6 month with winter and snow, the longest winter I've experienced since my childhood.

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Tonight, I mowed my lawn for the first time this year...., and since I bathed and swimmed in the fjord 24th April, I guess the summer is officially opened.
      In a break, I got my camera out and tried the 90mm macro lense...., but I have a lot to learn.
      The sun had set about 30 minutes before taking the pictures, did not use my tripod and the motifs moved a bit in a gentle breeze.
      They smell very good, called Syriner in norwegian and I belive they are called Lilacs in english(?)
      I think it's two nice images to look at after 6 month with winter and snow, the longest winter I've experienced since my childhood.

Both great shots... especially the second one! Ahhh.... summer is here! Thank goodness... we both survived!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

So you have also been photographing lilac, Svein! - just as I was in my 366 thread!
        There in a reply to pakarang I mentioned the song Dofta, dofta vit siren to words of a poem of Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson. I know of several composers’ songs to the same text!

Anyway, I mention this here rather on my thread because you photographed WHITE lilac!

Comment

Couldn't resist taking their picture. So beautiful in the light left by a set sun...
          And you know, we have three such trees in a line just outside our estate, and the smell of the lilac when opening the balcony door is undescribable
          SPRING!!!!

Comment

... and I didn't even see that these were in fact LILACS! Shame on me!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Remember the wooden quay/pier in the first image of post #50....?

Tonight, or rather evening, I 'attacked' that quay with my old FujiFilm Finepix S-1500.
              My daughters class had a b-b-q party at the beach for the class and parents, sisters and brothers as a final gathering at the end of this year at school.
              The evening sun was bright, so I shot a few images there, even if it's not exactly Bjerkestrand. Some in colour, some in b/w. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by Sterkoder; June 17th, 2011, 07:28.

Comment

Out in the fjord passed "Artic Fjord" our site on her way outbound Freifjorden

And turning left with my camera from that shipshot, there was the Frei church and Rastarkalv, where there was a great viking battle in year 955.

An old boat house beneath the church

Just on the side of the quay is an old private slipway, with a rusty trolly which I suspect haven't been used for years.
                Lately, since my beach images from Viken farm, I've discovered I enjoy rust and low tide very much when it comes to photography

Comment

Now here’s something worth dragging myself away from Hurtigruten - minute by minute for! Great photos of that wooden pier Sterkoder…I specially liked the viewpoint of third image and the placing of the lifebelt where it is in the frame…well a vertical “portrait” one again – you always seem to have a natural skill for that composition format. And there at the end is what I now think of as a classic Sterkoder shore and rust motif – marvellous.

Such a lovely view of Frei church too.

Comment

I post number 81.... those are some beautiful shots: both with and without color!

Comment

Thanks for inspirational comments!!!

Today, we walked down to a place in the opposite direction from my home than Viken farm, but still in walking distance.
                      It's a nice beach down there made of rolling stones (yeah, I know..., and can make just as many jokes as anybody).
                      The thing is, a local farmer have some oxes down there, so we didn't get to go so far.
                      We turned around near the old abandoned farm building, and as you know..., I can't be close to a building like that without a camera.

This farm house has been abandoned for over 40 years and more

Then came the cows running
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; July 2nd, 2011, 22:01.

Comment

And finally, a picture of our new puppy dog Camilla, who came along
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; June 19th, 2011, 14:25.

Comment

A very spooky looking building: especially the one picture showing the close up of the window. Almost as if we expect someone to peak back atyou as you take the photo.

Comment

Today I cut my three hedges and mowed my lawn.
                            Thereafter, I did a walk at Bjerkestrand again, but not far this time, only about 10 meters or so.

I have struggled with inspiration lately, not much, but a little.
                            Photographer Tom Ang of Singapore once said something I suddenly remembered: -"Feeling uninspired?? You will be surprised at what you can find simply by observing".
                            Therefore I decided to take a closer look at my plum tree, and not only look at it from a distance and see it as a tree, but rather observe it. That's when I discovered the low/moss and all the other small details...

So, I simply grabbed my camera and took some images from "inside" my plum tree

Well, here's the result...., and remember, the tree is very old and was here looooong before we bought this house. That's why it's full of moss/low and is sweating sap (on that image with the stuff on the branch looking like syrup)

A junction of branches

The former owner of my house must have put a rope around the trunk of the plum tree, to support it when the tree was much younger and an easy target for strong winds

Just a branch connecting to a trunk

Low is beautiful in its way

"Inside" the tree
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; July 4th, 2011, 14:02.

Comment

A little old torn off twig

And here's the sap. Nice colours in the evening sun...

Some moss on a branch. Oh yes, this is an old tree. I belive it was planted here in 1974.

Something to look forward to when the fall comes

Had to use my blitz on this one

Hope you all enjoyed my little 20 meters in total walk today
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; July 3rd, 2011, 00:10.

Comment

That was itself inspirational to me Sterkoder.
                                There is so much to see, the shapes, the colours of the moss and the sap, and the fresh green leaves and fruit also. The image I like the most is the one with the rope…not only because of the composition and colour, or the interest of how the tree developed as a result of that constraining rope when it no longer needed its support, but because there is that extra something about that image which to me tells the whole story of that tree and its relationship with people…it makes the tree seem like a person.

Comment

Working...
                                X