Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, my friend!
    Those words coming from you, makes it just so much more inspireing to continue this "photography-thing".
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      Today, 24th April, we had a great day here, and this was the day Big S took off all his clothes and swam out in the fjord in just his underwear....
      swimming now? al the snow wassn't gone yet.
      howmuch inches cold was the water?
      (okay maybe you have to be dutch to understand this question)

(That is an image you'll never see though,)
      but do we want to see that

Don't this look like a chicken running away from something? I think so...
      it looks like she is running away for a apple falls out of a tree.

great images Svein,you're more and more a macro photografer.
      best regards Thijs

Comment

Hahahahaha....., the water was half an inch cold
        (Or as we say in norwegian: He went out in the water like a man, and came up with a "stabel sprengskiver" (stack of spring washers) ).

As for the image of me coming out of the water, sure...., that's an image you don't want to see. Correct...

Comment

Oh Sterkoder…I’m just catching up here after being without internet, and what a treat to come back to. That “birch on its way to blossom” image absolutely shouts Spring! So do the colours of the view called “Beautiful colours and stuff show up during low tide” at end of #54 and “Freifjorden and the mountains of Tustna/Aure” in the following post, and such good compositions too. I got very excited about these vast expanses of exposed rock! And thanks for the seagulls (both feathered and stone!).

As well as admiring these stunning views, Pakarang has mentioned “details” and Janihudi that “you're more and more a macro photographer” and I vey much agree. I am even starting to think “Sterkoder” every time I see some interesting pattern in lichen or stone close up, and that “display shell” is my most-looked-at image on CVF this morning.

(See…I can be a proper lady when I try…not a single word in this post about bathing-related matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Comment

See…I can be a proper lady when I try…not a single word in this post about bathing-related matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Hahahahahahaha.... Thank you, My Lady!, and I'll let you all in on a little secret:
            All these images from 24th April are actually taken with my old FujiFilm FinePix S-1500.
            I kind of thought about it before leaving home, as I knew what to expect...., that I would've been changing lenses for every 10 meters.
            This might mean I just have to practice more to learn where a motif will be in the range of my lenses.
            With my Fuji I don't have to think about that, with a 30-300mm standard lence with super-macro.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
              Oh, better keep quiet about that or our Ivy will want you in down in England for her garden patch!
              What our Ivy wants to know is why she hasn't found this thread before. Svein, it is superb. I started at the beginning and began to note down some special favourites but gave up almost immediately - it was impossible. What I enjoy and admire very much is your attention to detail and also the way you use the portrait format quite often as I particularly like that myself.
              Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              Keep this up and you'll be a master in no time!
              Oh, Jan-Olav, the mastership is already there.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Fantastic nice pictures from a lovely spring weather in Kristiansund, Sterkoder
                We here in the north will have to wait a little longer before it start to turn green in the hills.
                Best wishes from
                Bengt Domben

Comment

After sweating over my new laptop for a couple of hours, I had to take a break and walked down to Viken farm again. More macro and b/w this time.

Here's another farm on the way between my home and Viken

Leafs on a poping roe tree

Three pine cones

The carpenters house down at the Viken farm
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; May 4th, 2011, 07:27.

Comment

I don't feel like commenting on all the images here, as you all see what it is..., I guess.
                    There are no secret that I find the low tide more beautiful than the high tide down here

Look at this! Isn't it beautiful?? I didn't arrange anything..., I just pointed my lense and pressed the shutterbutton down. Nature itself can be more fantastic than anything!

Comment

There are also a lot of juniper down by the beach

And close by was a pine cone still on the tree

And finally, the last two speaks for themselves, and I left them in colour because I thought that did it this time. Aren't this beautiful?? I haven't thouched nothing, only got down on my knees and took the shots...

Comment

…just LOOK at those pine cones!!!!! Such a blend of colour and textures…and allow me to drool over the pink feldspar crystals for a moment won’t you!
                        (hope E will read that….wow….the seagull-acceptable face of pink!!!!)

Oh and just look at the shore at low tide….and those fantastic images of the limpets and barnacles.

Comment

Absolutely wonderful S!

This is what I have been trying to say to you so many times: looking at these new images, there is no doubt in my mind that you have a great talent!

Have a look at image 70-3... beautiful! Very well composed and great overall sharpness!

70-4 is also very well done... these are the kinds of images which would sell good in an apartment or a modern flat, with a maritime twist.

And the image from Viken farm, the old carpenter's house: you have captured it in a very mystical and intriguing way. I love the color of the photograph. To me, it works very well!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you!!!
                            Yes, I very much like the images #70-3 and 70-4. I'm particularly satisfied with 70-4, as it has a beautiful light and tone to it....

(The old FujiFilm Finepix S1500 can still do the job).

Comment

Aaaah, wonderful nice pictures from your walk, Sterkoder
                              Very good
                              And the old camera works like a dream, it seems
                              Best wishes from
                              Bengt Domben

Comment

And the old camera works like a dream, it seems
                                Yes...., for some reason I find it easier to bring along a camera with a wide range in the lense and super-macro than a huge bag with three lenses and other stuff just on this walk...
                                Thank you for making a comment!!

Comment

Working...
                                X