Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much for nice comments to both of you!!
    These kind of comments are very inspiring and motivate me greatly!!

To be honest, I was not very satisfied with none of my images when loading them into my pc.
    But after a bit of ajusting and cropping and such, some came out ok.
    Just to give you a small picture of how many I was not too satisfied with, I took 79 pictures today....

Then..., comments like yours fix it all!! It's like a tap on the shoulder!
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Sterkoder,

Brilliant photography! So glad to see that you are starting to come out of your winter hibernation too... this can only get better and better!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Went out for a short drive in the bad weather today, and took a few pictures.
        The following images is not exactly Bjerkestrand, as Viken farm is north of my home, and todays images are from south of my home.
        Anyway, I might open a new thread when I have more to report from the "south side"

This is the breakwater where people moore their leisure crafts when put on the sea after the winter.
        In the rainshower/fog in the background, is the huge suspension bridge in the Krifast-system of ferry-free roads in and out of Kristiansund

Two young canada goose on the beach close to the sub-seabed tunnel in the Krifast-system

And if you have a nice bench on the shoreline, but no roof to shelter the rain...., why not turn a boat upside-down and place it in the trees above the bench...? Problems solved...
        In the background, you can see the road down to the tunnel

Comment

Love that boat-shelter!
          …and such a nice-composed photo of it too with the line of boats, then the line of the shore, and finally the house directly above the boat shelter in the centre of the picture.

It’s impossible to look at the boat shelter without smiling!

Comment

Hehe...., had to smile myself yesterday, when I first discovered it

Went out today too, and as the clouds had lifted, fog vanished and the rain long gone, you can now see what the fog and rainshowers consealed yesterday

Then, a few meters away, ther's a place to sit down and enjoy whatever you might bring along...., an orange, a small chocolate, a coffee cup or just enjoy the view out the fjord

Wonder what the "wooden guy" is up to

And finally; Do you spot the co*kpit section of that old Boeing 727...?
            The owner put it there a few years back and has plans for it to house a flight simulator eventually. In the meantime this is a favourite spot to be after school for kids in the area...

Comment

Goodness what a difference the weather makes to that view – amazing!

And I love that quirky cottage! Hi wooden guy! – now did you put the rocks there ….or are you just tending the green moss? – Oh, better keep quiet about that or our Ivy will want you in down in England for her garden patch!

Comment

You live in such a brilliantly beautiful area of Norway!

I (heart) Kristiansund very much!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

After a short report from west of Bjerkestrand, it's time to go back to the origin of the thread and walk down to Viken farm again.
                  Today, 24th April, we had a great day here, and this was the day Big S took off all his clothes and swam out in the fjord in just his underwear....
                  (That is an image you'll never see though, you just have to belive what I say)

Well, let's start todays walk. Here's an old birch trunk in the forest on the way down from my house to the Viken farm

And a birch is on its way to blossom

Down at the farm, I guess you all is a bit tired of the old rusty milk canister, but the difference this time is that you also see the photographer

Looking at the fields of Bjerkestrand, it's a bit strange to think about three weeks ago they were covered in snow

New life come to us in the spring

A couple of Oyster....whatever, on a rock. In norwegian they are called Tjeld
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; April 25th, 2011, 02:27.

Comment

A very low tide made the most beautiful scenery

My better half, her dog and our daughter down by the bathing place at Viken

Yepp, here it is...., again

A shell, placed on display on a rock by me...

Beautiful colours and stuff show up during low tide

Comment

Looks like something made of fur, but it's only green "stuff" groving on a rock dried out by the low tide

And then I found "Smily"...., although he looked a little grumpy today

Don't know what this is. Only yellow growth making formations at a rock

A heart, maybe?

Don't this look like a chicken running away from something? I think so...

Comment

When I first saw this little rock, it looked like the mask from the horror movies 'Screem', but now I don't know...

View out Freifjorden and the mountains of Tustna/Aure in the distance

Seagulls on a rock soon to be flooded by rising tide

Very common here, small tops of sand made by beach worms

A beach worms piece of art (actually shit)

Comment

No need for comments, I belive...

The Viken farm boathouse

View of low tide to the east

Viken farm at springtime

Hvitveis (english: anemones?)
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; April 25th, 2011, 01:44.

Comment

Almost back to start, where my family walked out in the sea.
                            It's so nice down there by the beach.

"My" fjord, Freifjorden..., seen here inward towards south, with Reinsfjell at 924 meters in the background

Hope you've enjoyed Bjerkestrand together with me.
                            Later I will hopefully return with some interesting pictures and info about a viking settlement, as the viking king Haakon Den Gode had his home (Kongsgård) down by the Viken farm a bit closer to my home, almost by the old boathouses and the breakwater you've seen before in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                              Don't this look like a chicken running away from something? I think so...
                              Makes me think of those small microbes that you see in a microscope...

Comment

The heart and the seagull in the stone(s) are brilliant spots.

These images really makes me so happy, and I suspect you as well... because they signify the season which is just about to break out in full blossom: SPRING and SUMMER!

You do certainly have an acquired eye of details and it's becoming really evident in these new images. Keep this up and you'll be a master in no time!

Comment

Working...
                                X