Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am speechless (but I can still type). Your photographic talents have certainly grown beyond simple snapshots of ships.

Your cabin looks like a good place to escape the world for a while and walk with nature and your camera.

Comment

Thank you, Dane!
      Such comments warm a good body in this heavy wintery weather we have here today...
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Well done, absolutely well done!

I can see that you have a talent hidden in you, a talent which I pray to you to please explore further. There are some really brilliant shots in these new selections!

The light, the atmosphere... pretty awesome!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you so much, Jan-Olav!!
          Now...., I really looked forward to get myself a new camera before Christmas.
          It seems like my money would have to go into a new pc...., or should I go for a mac now that pictures mean so much to me??
          I've installed an external screen here tonight, but I can't get the right size of things on the screen (tried it all), and what really frustrate me is that I can't get my external HD to work.
          Is it tonight I will loose my hole "life"...???

Didn't expect to go OT in my own thread, but I had to let it out....

Comment

I hope and pray you have made those "infamous back-ups".... I know this is a frustrating, a very frustrating scenario....

If you recall, I had the same problem in Thailand a handful years ago: luckily, the computer recovery store managed to recover some 75%, but I did loose some 25% of images.

Now, I use double copies and back up's and the wonderful "Time Machine" of Apple.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Puh...., I'm back!!!
              I managed to copy all my pictures and documents over to the external HD
              Not only that, but I'm sitting here with my laptop on my lap again...., and don't ask me what happened during the last 24 hours(dunno)

Small christmas nisser playing around with me perhaps....

Comment

Good news!! And I think this is the internet gods way of telling us ALL TO BACK UP OUR PHOTOGRAPHS! TONIGHT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  I didn't explore the carpenters house last time, but now I walked up and behind, and found these motifs
                  I see that you've been walking in the winter landscape and taken some amazing pictures Sterkoder
                  It was great to see through all your pictures, which is very good, but I fell for this picture when I came to think of the series of Emil in Lønneberget and his many trips in the carpenter shed.
                  Looking forward to see more of this kind. Great.
                  Best wishes from
                  Bengt Domben

Comment

Thank you, Bengt!
                    It was just by accident I discovered that sign, but that was also because I have gotten more and more interested in old buildings lately, and thereby looking for details all around the buildings.
                    I've been down at that farm, as you've seen, in the autumn and now in the winter.
                    I have plans also to visit in the spring and summer.
                    For the comparison of pictures, I might take these pictures with my old FujiFilm S-1500, but I must admit I can almost not wait to go down there with my new Pentax K-x.

Comment

A short walk down to the farm, Viken, this afternoon gave the following images:

On the path down through the forest

Spring is finally in the air. 13°C today

Before the farm it was time to walk down to the breakwater and old boathouses

Comment

Very clear water in the sea at this time. Nice fine sand at the seabed

A part of the breakwater I wanted to test in b/w

Comment

The old hunting shed between the boathouses and Viken farm is still standing

Yepp..., spring is here

And so was the "seagull" in the rocks down by the fjord

Also the rusty old milk canister between the tree trunks. Wanted this in b/w this time...

Comment

Viken

On the way back home I found this small dam

And finally a b/w image of an old pine tree

Comment

very nice sterkoder,happy for you that winter is finally over,love your images on the waterside,just so clear,just like tapwater.
                              they just leaved the milkcannister there?
                              overhere they are wanted.

keep up the good work
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Sterkoder!!!!!! YES, new season…new images on the now famous walk.
                                And what a start with the tree stumps and the breakwater, and then I find myself specially liking the vertical one again, showing the clear water and the rocks on the left.

Oh my (I’m actually typing as I scroll through the images first time!) just look at the b&w of the edge of the breakwater, the milk canister, the spooky old pine tree AND THE SEAGULL STONE!!!!

Now I am looking at them all again. I scarcely know what to say about those masterly black and white images, except perhaps that they should be framed and appear in an exhibition. You must be so proud of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X