Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the top part of that house: some sort of a winter garden. Must be a great place to watch the weather pass by.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

We had beautiful weather here Sunday, and we desided to walk down to Viken farm. My daughter and I brought our cameras..., just in case (haha)

The first image was a sign of spring :-)

A sight you've seen before..., Viken farm to the left and the snowy mountains of island Tustna in a distance

On a table outside the farmhouse..., a rusty doorlock and handles

After a while, we came down to the boathouse

And our dog, Camilla, found a piece of wood to shew on :-)

It's rather peaceful to sit and just look out on the fjord, waiting for summer and warmer days

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I've taken so many pictures down here of the view and all, so I thought I'd rather experiment a little now..., just like photographer Mike Browne urges us to do in all his videos at www.photographycourses.biz

The stones should be wet, but I did not want to make patterns on the dry wooden table just this time

Then I set my camera to shoot continuous shots, and told my daughter to throw stones in the water. Just for the pure pleasure of it... :-D

And one last one in b/w

Many people enjoyed themselves outdoors this Sunday, and the family in the picture (barely visible in a distance) there had fired up one of the stationary grills and all. What a day :-)

Well, thanks for watching folks! :-)

Comment

Thumbs up on the three stacked rocks! That would be an awesome center piece in a stairwell!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks, my friend :-)
            Should have been four (perhaps) and most certainly wet. Don't know why, but that's the image I have in my head :-)

Comment

Another week, another walk with my Pentax. Starting in the neighbourhood of my home, down by the sea

The main farm house, eaten away by time...

You can have it in colour, if you want to...

On our way to the sea, we passed these trees

And finally, by the sea, this is the view

Comment

While in the area, there was a few pictures shot. After this years Nordic Light festival, and a meeting with the vietnameese photographer Mai Loc, I was inspired to try more b&w

With a mix of colours, of course

Walking up from the seaside, we passed the old Atlas owned by the son of the old farmers

And we walked our way over to Viken farm. This has not had the taste of salt water for decades

There are five old farms on a row here, only one operational. This is the barn to one of the not operational farms

But it is still maintained by the late owners relatives

They also have a restored farm saw here

Comment

From this farm, there are a certain view

On our way down to the old Viken farm, a horse

The view from old Viken farm

Over a small hill beyond Viken farm

On that farm is an old carpentry

And of course a farm mill

Above the farm, someone I know is building a new house. Not exactly in conformity with nature and terrain...
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; May 4th, 2015, 07:10.

Comment

I guess this boat has done its work

Fantastic area down here by this farm.

Decorative stones by the sea

Guess it will be a boat moored here in the summer months

Some nice colours on this farms barn

We usually buy Primula flowers at the florist, but here they grow in nature :-)

Final picture from my camera tonight, a nice little house, on the countryside. The only thing is, I stand on the main road around the island Frei, only 3 meters from the wall...

Comment

Yeah, now this reminds me a lot of our old family photo albums from the 40-50-60's in some way. Nordic houses and agricultural views in a mix of degradation. Pretty nostalgic actually!

Comment

I hope there is any tiny little detail left around Bjerkestrand / Kristiansund i am able to explore for myself! Stay tuned maybe there will be a surprising new view. Veery difficult task, however.
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Interesting and great new addition to your already vast collection.

I wonder, my curiosity draws my attention towards the insides of those old farm houses in post 306....

Comment

My better half took this picture of me and our wondering dog Camilla, when I shot #306/7 :-)

Comment

• Tommi
                              Tommi commented
                              Editing a comment
                              A "behind the scenes reportage"!

Almost a year since your comment, Tommi..., but anyway, I guess you could say that

Now, we just did a walk the other day down to Viken farm again, and my friend Cecilia..., who's the only other member in here who's actually experienced Viken, I'm sorry to say that someone has removed the rusty photo motif milk container

Very relaxing to be down here, specially in weather like that day

Freifjorden and Reinsfjellet (992 meters) mountain in the distance

Strong winds put this tree branch here. Just had to take a picture...

Comment

• Seagull
                              Seagull commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Awww – that is such a special mention, and reminder of that delightful day. Yes I’m going to miss that milk container, but it survives in your images

From a beautiful sunday a couple of weeks ago

Yes, old wooden boat is still here

From the graveled beach towards the breakwater...., with a familiar figure standing there :-)

A rusty old boathouse roof

Someone had a seashell party

The photographer himself and the family dog, 4 year old Camilla :-)

Comment

• Sterkoder
                              Sterkoder commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Oh, you only saw the big letter C, and assumed ;-) It's Camilla, my friend. I was rather warm on that picture, look at my boiling red face (haha).
                              To be honest, this is ment as a picture of me out photographing, but it's taken up at the top of Kvernberget after a 20 minutes walk uphill ;-) (Don't tell)

• Ralf__
                              Ralf__ commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ooops... sorry to you both Lady C's!
                              Due to the high closed jacket the picture is looking quite frosty, but your's is another explanation...

• Sterkoder
                              Sterkoder commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Had to zip my jacket up due to strong cold wind. Cold wind is good when you're warm after a long uphill walk, but if one open up ones clothes, it most surely will lead to a flu in one form or the other (Hot tips ;-) )
                          Working...
                          X