Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!
    And you know what...., Venus is left there by intention...., as I could not get myself to cut it away.
    The moon is very hard to take a picture of, but as dean Martin say; -"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie..., it's amore" :-D
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

The most beautiful sunset here earlier this evening. This is the colours in the opposite direction...., from Viken farm towards Tustna in north-east

Comment

Stunning picture! Such a nice weather, while UK is swimming!
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

We've moved a bit away from Bjerkestrand..., but we're still on the beautiful south side of the island Frei in Kristiansund.
          And what do you know..., it's almost 15 years since our daughter Vilde was born and babtised. Today it was time for her confirmation to the babtism, and together with family and friends
          she (and of course we as proud parents) celebrated it all. I cot her permission to post this picture to friends at CVF, so here's the proud fathers daughter :-)

Comment

Congratulations to you all! This is one of the things that life is about.

By the way - nice bunad, what is it called?

Comment

Thanks Tommi!
              yes, this is life...., I mean; you have to have a job to pay your bills..., but the rest is life in highest grade! :-)

Now, the clothing there is a Nordmørsbunad, from Nordmøre (Møre and Romsdal county (län) is made up of the three parts Sunnmøre (Ålesund), Romsdal (Molde) and Nordmøre (Kristiansund). The Nordmørsbunad has three types of wests (two type red and one green) and some other differences a guy can't possibly know anything about ;-)

The price is no secret, so when I tell you what this bunad outfit with silver and shoes cost in Norwegian Kroner, hold on tight to your chair: NOK 56.000,-

Comment

Congratulations to Vilde (and you all) from sunny Wiltshire too!!

As I think I've mentioned elsewhere on CVF, Mrs PoloUK and Mamma PoloUK made Mrs PoloUK's bunad. That didn't make it a lot cheaper, but it kept them both quiet for months!!
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• yvneac
                  yvneac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Macho!!!!!!

• Tommi
                  Tommi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Funny story,
                  but the great part is that they actually created something rather personal together.

• PoloUK
                  PoloUK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely right Tommi.

That didn't make it a lot cheaper, but it kept them both quiet for months!!
                Hahahahahahaha....., liked that one :-) Thanks for the congrats! :-)

Comment

Congratulations Vilde on this special day for you and your family, and thank you for sharing that lovely portrait with us.

Comment

....congratulations also from Stuttgart. In two weeks, on 25th of May, our daughter will also celebrate this day....
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks Cecilia and Ralf!

You'd better prepair for a pretty great day down there in Stuttgart Ralf. And a daughter grown into an adult just over night. Though in my speach (because, you've also written one?) I pointed out her many good years as a youngster before even thinking about being something as dull as adult :-) Wish you all the best!

Comment

Springtime May has passed long time ago, I guess all went well in Stuttgart and here we're back to autumn again. Time for yet another walk down to Viken farm at Bjerkestrand :-)

The road called Bjerkestrandveien, with my home to the left on that next hilltop

We are in the middle of September, but it looks like summer...., and I like it

This area down by the sea belongs to Kristiansund community and is open for free use for the citizens.

On the area there are benches and grills, provided by the community (hope that is the word for 'kommunen')

Comment

Inside the lavvo, tent, teepee or what you call it...

Family dog, a golden retriever. Camilla is her name...., or Stella Nautica as is her real name from her pedigree

Nice area this

On our walk down to the area, we passed many rowan berries

And, Cecilia, the old milk barrel :-)

Comment

Freifjorden in hazy condition and strong headlight

The nearest operational farm to Viken has cows

A faded dandelion. Remember we picked them up as childs, said 'Bye, bye grandpa'...., and blew them all away :-)

Do you spot the otter? Looks like a small log...

Tried to extract the red of the boat passing by, leaving all the rest in b/w
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; September 15th, 2014, 07:26.

Comment

One more red extraction exersice...., not entirely a success, as some green came along in the shadow area...

Bjerkestrandveien in b/w returning home

From outside my home looking the other way...

Hope you all enjoyed this early autumn walk with me... :-)
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; September 15th, 2014, 07:25.

Comment

Working...
                              X