Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 15 minutes quick walk at Viken farm today, gave the following pictures:

Overview of the camp area down by the farm

The other way, towards Tustna

To the south we have the 994 meters high Reinsfjell mountain

A buoy must've come with the wind and sea current

The remains of what I belive once swam around as a monkfish

And finally, a "figure" inbetween the trees. A familiar guy this one Cecilia, rmember..?
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Beautiful photos, those first three, and particularly that third one of Reinsfjell mountain. It has such a strange mood about it, charming but perhaps in the original sense of that word, for it seems mysterious, secretive.
      I have tried monkfish, but I think it was one that I didn't enjoy!
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        Monk fish (Breiflabb in Norwegian) is maybe the best eat there is, with a taste like lobster. A lot of work to clean and filet it, but well worth the effort.
        It used to be thrown back, after first beating it to death. Now it is the most expensive fish in the fish desk, or at the wharf.

So little snow even on the mountains!
      Oh yes! ...familiar guy indeed! I'm glad he's still there to continue to inspire you. In this one there is a feeling of mystery in the trees beyond, and he seems more like a guardian.

Comment

Well, Cecilia...., the snow came last night, but not that much though :-)
        This is a picture from Saturday morning just after 10:00

Comment

• Seagull
          Seagull commented
          Editing a comment
          Just perfect Svein!

• PoloUK
          PoloUK commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a fantastic image of a beautiful place Svein!

a great place there Svein.
        i think that you van better keep your fingers away from that kind of fish.
        issn't this the time that Norway have to be covered with 2 meters of snow?
        i Always hear you Norwegians that they are so done with that white stuff.
        but there is just so much snow there,as here in Giessen,none.we don't have mountains,so also no snow on higher points here.
        best regards Thijs

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          Last year at this time we had a meter, and it was bone cold from October 2012 to February 2013....

Mr. Sterkoder - I must say, you keep on impressing with your details, your images and the overall selection of viewpoints.

You have a great talent, not only with pencils but also with your camera!

Loved in particular the close up of the tooth/jaw on the grass - don't really know why, but it stopped me dead in the tracks.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks my friend! You know, when I stopped at Viken that day, I was really on my way to a carpenters meeting due to the renovation we do on our house.
          The meeting also had to include my better half, who was delayed by 15 minutes.
          I thought, why not do something meaningful in those 15 minutes, so I grabbed my camera and run around at Viken farm, which is only a 10 minutes walk from my house anyway.
          The monkfish jaw was almost left unseen in the vegetation, but you know...., my eyesight and motif scanning capacity is ok for my use, so....

And as I linked to him in another thread, I must say I've learned A LOT from the photography videos of Mike Browne at Photographycourses.biz.
          There are a short video for any thing you could ever need to know about in photography.

Comment

Very well done, Sterkoder.... you are a good student anybody would be proud to have!
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
              Very well done, Sterkoder.... you are a good student anybody would be proud to have!

I blush....

Comment

After my one hour training session today, I drove back home and suddenly saw this moon over Viken farm again. Had to stop....

I guess I was in the latest part of the blue hour, so I struggled a bit to get the moon right. I was not particularly lucky, but anyway....

The lights in Kvisvik are visible across the fjord. This was the place for the ferry connection northbound from Kristiansund before Krifast mainland connection opened in 1992.
                The car ferry stretch Kvalvåg - Kvisvik were operated by ferry TINGVOLL, among others

Comment

• Tommi
                  Tommi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not bad at all. I guess you're correct regarding the timing with the end of the blue hour, it would probably have been easier to get "richer" exposures some 15-30 minutes earlier.
                  1 & 2 are my favorites in this series.

A good try, Sterkoder! The moon is one of the most difficult motives you can think of. After 50 years in the game, I still have not taken a satisfactory picture of the moon! So keep trying! (There is an app, that can tell you when and where it will rise, based on Google Maps, so you can plan your shot).
                Regards; Sigve.
                ---
                IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

Thanks for comments and tips folks!! :-)
                  Yes, I'm fairly satisfied...., but I would like the moon to be a bit less bright in the blue hour images.
                  But then it would destroy the landskape exposure....., at least at the level of knowledge I have at this point.
                  I discovered that my tripod top was loose, but sinse I had nothing in my pockets to tighten the screw with...., I prayed for the light wind to keep away from me.
                  Also broke my tripod..., so I was lucky to get pictures at all :-)
                  (But the experience of being out in the nature in such conditions are worth a smile anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    .. but I would like the moon to be a bit less bright in the blue hour images.
                    That's the hard part....
                    Regards; Sigve.
                    ---
                    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

To me the light on the foreshore in #265/3 is what is special.

Comment

In that first one of #265 you have captured the moon as few people manage to do - splendid, Svein. While in the other three you have also caught Venus in each image, a small speck in a vast scene, and something that no-one seems to have noticed! I think that of those three I love the second one most. The view through to the snowy mountains in the background gives such depth, while the foreground detail is clear without dominating the scene, even though the moonbeam on the rocks immediately draws the eye. You also caught the small boat as if in a spotlight!
                        Going a little further back, #259 is, for me, superb, an adjective I have always used sparingly, but find it necessary in many of your photos, Svein.
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                        X