Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is just really beautiful ...... that is the perfect "summer memory".... it almost reminds me of the happy and carefree days during childhood.
    This is exactly what's great in photography; you see a motif, take a picture because you think it's a beautiful moment in time, and suddenly it means alot to others.
    I'm not used to that, but it's a great feeling to be able to give someone a good feeling and flashback to the childhood. Thank you J-O, glad I could help... :-)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post

This is exactly what's great in photography; you see a motif, take a picture because you think it's a beautiful moment in time, and suddenly it means alot to others.
      I'm not used to that, but it's a great feeling to be able to give someone a good feeling and flashback to the childhood. Thank you J-O, glad I could help... :-)
      - and as you know, the childhood memories are the absolutely best memories you can possibly get.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Despite discussions elsewhere, I post pictures from a walk on the south side of Frei (near Bjerkestrand) purely to show the one who wants to take a look how "crowded" it was on Freifjorden 1 Anchorage as the Storm 'Hilde' raged out in the Atlantic Ocean.
        Not crowded according to Singapore or Hong Kong standards of course, but six, and now seven, vessels at anchor here is not common...
        As I understand CVF automatically scale down images larger than 960 pix, so as I make my 'panoramas' by cropping in 1000 or up to 1400, I guess that is the reason for any bluryness then.

Russian icebreaking cargo vessel MIKHAIL KUTUZOV and reefer ICE STAR

ICE STAR

My AIS say CLIPPER SIRA, but anyone with a 20/20 vision can see with their own eyes that this is NORDIC SIRA

NORDIC SIRA and a small portion of the shoreline beneath Rastarkalv and Frei church

Then I walked down by some boathouses at Freistranda. I know, if I had the time on my hands, I would have tried a longer shutter speed and settings so that the sea had blurred and a very nice reflection of the light could appear in the wet stones. But time was expencive today...

Freistranda towards the anchored vessels

Comment

The first pictures of post #243 was taken from inside the trees on the top right of the church there.

One of the boats moored to the pier in post #243

The light was incredible here today. Which I could give it more justice...

Looking south from Freistranda (strand=beach)

MIKHAIL KUTUZOV

Comment

Last two pictures from todays walk (or drive, actually...., you know me)

Outside of the frame right side is tanker BROVIG VINDUR, and in the latest hour, WILSON GIJON anchored outside of the left frame side.
            From left to right on this image: WILSON GAETA, FRI STAR, MIKHAIL KUTUZOV, WILSON BORG and ICE STAR.

Comment

great images in 245 Svein.specially the first one.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                great images in 245 Svein.specially the first one.
                Thanks Thijs!
                Experienceing a bit with aperture, but raindrops on my lense UV-filter became very appearant at F7.3 and above, so this one is at F4.5.
                Satisfied with it myself also.

Comment

no raindrops to see,but what i like so much is the 2 vessels in the sunbeams (almost) and that the bridges road is following the isle in the forground.
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

So much interesting ship activity in this scenic setting.
                    Yes I can imagine what you mean about experimenting with a longer shutter speed in the scene #243/5. Nevertheless, the image as it is beautiful with the light on the water and just catching the wet stones. I liked this one a lot, and the following one too with that retreating wave on the sand, accentuating the appearance and feeling of the sea in contrast with that smooth brown foreground.

Comment

We had the most beautiful moon in Kristiansund this evening. Here's an image from Viken farm at Bjerkestrand

Photo: SveinŠLudvigsen
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; December 15th, 2013, 19:37. Reason: Copyrighted photo due to my knowledge about a professional IT design company stealing my pictures and selling them to their customers :-(

Comment

• Tommi
                        Tommi commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very nice indeed Svein.

A stunning location to see the moon like that, and perfectly photographed with the dark trees on the left completing the image.

Comment

Photography used as poetry.Very emotional picture.

Comment

Very beautiful mood, Svein! You have done well in this capture - you can with all reason be proud!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Visited Viken farm on this last day of 2013, and brought back home a few images.

'Motorferdsel forbudt' (engine powered vehicles prohibited)

A christmas star in the farmhouse window

The door into the farms carpentery

The wooden south wall of the carpenter building

An old method of making an outer wall, not only in Norway I belive

Comment

Seasonal mood in the window star, and very special colour combinations in the paint colours of that door.
                              And following a photo that is so much about colour, there is a Sterkoder b&w masterpiece, that superbly photographed wall detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X