Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

come on Svein,i won't believe that you take just these 2 images,a frozen waterfall like this, just ask the be photograpic in al of its details.
    as for the color as the b&w image are great,and just as Cecelia i don't find it grainy,it makes it a little softer.
    best regards Thijs

Comment

I'm a big fan of Magnum Photography, and all the photographers in there who use b/w have grainy or grainier pictures, so I'm rather relaxed....., (without any other comparison whatsoever).

Now, I visited a farm with a mill house in the other direction from my home today. The farm Vika is situated about 100 meters north of Viken farm, and with the creek totally frozen there too, it gave these images today:

This here is a small pond with a stone beneath the water surface
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Walking up to Orsætra again today, the 994 meters high Reinsfjell was orange, coloured by the setting sun

From Orsætra itself, the 692 meters high Freikollen with the slalom downslope looks like this

From where the path up to Orsætra start. View over a field belonging to Or farm (visible to the left), Freifjorden and Aspøya. Note the full moon just about to break through the clouds

Comment

Today i saw the pictures of the frozen creek the first time. I don't know, why i missed it, but they are wonderful!!
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Panorama from Orsætra view from east via south to north-west (right) made in iPhone 5.

Comment

Oh my! A stunning panorama from your new iPhone!

Comment

I would guess this particular panorama cover about 190 degrees

Comment

Svein, I have so often watched this thread though not, so far, commented. What drew me was the subject matter, so varied in scene, sometimes landscape, sometimes small detail writ large and made interesting, yet all of a kind which so much accords with images that make me come back again and again. Today I determined to at last get down to saying something, just plunged in anywhere and arrived at #181 and there was a set which typifies what I mean. They all are beautiful images but what caught my eye was the contrast in the last three. There was the silhouette across the fjord, a symphony in blues and black, followed by a study in roof tiles (!) tucked under the boathouse with their colour blazing out from the shadows, followed by that one of the ice forming on the little pond, a black, grey and white picture with just that gentle gleam of warm gold on the ice.
                  I'm going to have to keep up with you more regularly now. Hope there's plenty more to come on this thread!
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Not quite Bjerkestrand, but on the same side of the island and only 4 km from my home is Rastarkalv.
                    This is the place where Håkon Den Gode (Haakon The Good) and Egil Ullserk and his men battled over royal power in Norway in year 955 as described in Snorre's stories.

After the battle, around the hill where Frei church stand today, Håkon Den Gode erected stone columns on the graves of the fallen men of Egil Ullserks, and in my pictures here, the middle one (tallest) is actually an original one from 955. The other two are replicas...

The battle, or rather the forerun, has for years been played out in a play much like they do at Stiklestad, and the three stone columns are now standing at the site of this play...., where again is the place for the actual final stage of the battle in 955.

A sign telling us about the site and the columns

The columns, where the middle one is from year 955

Averøy in the background there

The oldest column erected by Håkon Den Gode (originally at the grave site)
                    (Cargo vessel NINA and Gjemnessundet suspention bridge in the background)

View south-west from Rastarkalv and the stone columns

This is the stone seating for the public watching the play/theater commemorating the 955 Slaget om Rastarkalv (Battle of Rastarkalv)

For those who follow me and my ship photography, this is where I go..., into the wood behind those stone seatings, to get pictures of ships at anchor on the Freifjorden 1 Anchorage site.

Comment

I very much like the way the sunlight is just catching the columns in the second photo, #234/2.
                      And a very nice photo of your spotter place, also with light and shade on the steps and stones. I can just imagine sitting there with a picnic.

Comment

This latest place is on my "Sterkoder-has-to-show-me-list" that I'm creating!.

Thank you so much for sharing!
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

You're welcome, Sir!
                          And now I'm a bit curious of that list you mentioned. Appear to be a long one

Comment

Took a few pictures of and around Frei church this Sunday afternoon

Many of the iron crosses on graves were from very early 1900s

Just outside the main gate tin to the graveyard, I took this picture looking north-west towards Freistrand and Flatsetøy

Comment

I love that late day light, soft and yellowish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                Just outside the main gate tin to the graveyard, I took this picture looking north-west towards Freistrand and Flatsetøy
                                That is just really beautiful ...... that is the perfect "summer memory".... it almost reminds me of the happy and carefree days during childhood.
                                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
                                X