Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

On the side of the path near the steep walk, the forest owner has tried to fix his forest again after the hurricane we had here between Christmas and New Years Eve.
    This is a 16 years old tree.

So, here's that open field again, but now the sun has set and the beautiful colours show. I'm so happy I desided to quit smoking a couple of years ago and most of all that I desided to go out, away from my sofa, and exercise.
    Otherwise I would not have experienced the beautiful nature around me.

In Italy they got their leaning tower of Piza. Here in Kristiansund we got the leaning spruce of Frei (haha).
    Final picture from my trip today, so thanks for walking with me....
    Last edited by Sterkoder; January 22nd, 2012, 20:56.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Beautiful photos from your walk, Sterkoder
      The quality on your photos is very good.

I'm glad I'm far away from everything called snow and frost now, I enjoy the days under a hot sun with a cold beer on the porch
      Best wishes from
      Bengt Domben

Comment

The quality on your photos is very good.
        Oh, well..., thank you!
        It might have to do with a certain someone licking sunshine who led me towards a great editing tool. I don't know.
        But as I told the world in other threads, I like Morten Krogvold and what he stands for in photography. He points out that a good picture is all about the photographer, so....
        But hey, thanks again!

Comment

How could Inot go walking with you when #163/1 is such a great start! …with the white snow and blue sky it almost looks as if the wood is a magic floating island!

I could spend ages commenting on every single photo, but instead tried to decide what it was that many of my favourite ones had in common. I think it was where something, one tree say, is different from the rest. And that in conjunction with something to complete the composition.
          So there was the straight trunk of the dead tree in #163/6 with the sunlit small tree on the bottom right completing the composition.

164/2 with the fantastically shaped branch cutting across the frame from the bright red T, the more distant and just sufficiently out of focus branches echoing the angle and shape.

In 164/4 it is that one broken branch that attracts. I imagine you might have had to look around to find a satisfactory place to stand (and where it was actually possible to stand with all the undergrowth!) to take this photo…it is the dark green on the bottom left which has come to your rescue.

Maybe the next image 164/5 works even better…old trunk and gnarled branches reaching out, set against more regimented straight trees, and that slanted V-shaped sky. It ought to look muddled but it absolutely doesn’t.
          Whereas although I giggled at the Leaning Spruce of Frei…it was for me a less successful image. Perhaps difficult to find a spot from which to get the other things in the frame that make a really wow photo.

But apart from trees, there’s the Ice Stream! …and wow you got the technique with running water in #165/2 perfect, and in company with those ice crystals it looks truly amazing. The rounded globular shapes of the ice are fascinating, quite different from the spiky frosty shapes which pakarang photographed recently. Love the close up detail of the ice in photo 6 and the browns and black-blues with just the right amount of flowing water in photo 4.

The tree rings 166/1 with the snow on the branch…for me the absolute winner of the walk!

Comment

Thanks, Cecilia..., really! Your comments mean a lot and helps me in moving along down the path of being a better photographer..., hopefully

The leaning spruce picture were never ment to be a wow-image though, as really were none.
            I just posted chronological the images from my first walk this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              ....I just posted chronological the images from my first walk this year...
              See, you are taking great images even without trying!
              I have often taken photos of such walks along paths and trails, just snaps to remind myself of the sequence and route, and I enjoy reliving those walks by looking back on them, but mine are not really photography, more the lazy “grown-up” equivalent of the little maps and sketches and giving names to features and places that I used to do as a child.

Comment

Thank you Sterkoder for sharing these inspiring images: they really show me that there is still something to photograph outside, despite the snow, cold, and the dark.

I better get off my big fat hiney during next time off.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Walked up to Orsetra again today, but this time with my 50-200mm and a lot fewer images.

Pattern in the ice of small ponds in the ditches beside the path

A bit motion blur, but anyway.... Choosed to upload this in b/w

Back to colour and the next pond

The ice in picture nr. 2 of post #165 has certainly changed

Not quite the same with a 50-200, but images 3 and 5 from post #165 has developed to this
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; January 28th, 2012, 21:36.

Comment

Oh my…#173/3…. amazing, like a crystal glass engraving.

Comment

I agree with Cecilia!!! Simply Stunning!!

Big S--these are amazing--crisp, cold, blue, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mr. Håkon Visnes has made a movie again flying his camera model airplane over the Orsetra area, Freikollen and residential area Storbakken on the south side of Frei.
                        In the movie you'll recognize Reinsfjell and the suspentionbridge in the mainland connection of Kristiansund.
                        Håkon himself say that he's just playing around with his new plane, and I belive it is slightly more unstable around the roll axis.
                        Anyway, highlight of the movie is when he takes us over the top of Freikollen over 600 meters up, then dive down the south side of the mountain.

As always, he knows very well what music he should pick for his movies. Take a look:

http://vimeo.com/35642401
                        (Movie is three days old)

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                          Oh my…#173/3…. amazing, like a crystal glass engraving.
                          My favorite too! Just so that it is said!
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Finally, it was time (and weather) to test my new Tamron 18-200mm lense bought Friday.
                            In a few threads in here, I've posted pictures with info that they were taken by this lense, not knowing if you looked into this or those other threads first.
                            Anyway, I went down to Viken farm to test it, and here we go:

A pond in a tracktor track in the forest on my way down to the farm

The very high tide during hurricane 'Dagmar' around new year left many a small thing on dry land

A flowery straw naked from last year. We're all waiting for summer now...

994 meters high Reinsfjell with the low land wooden Aspøy in the foreground across the fjord from Bjerkestrand

Down by the Viken farm. Close to the stony seagull..., as 'Seagull' would know so well

Comment

Talking about seagulls...

Then I walked along the shoreline to see if I could spot more to use my new lense on.
                              Suddenly this monster came crawling up from the fjord!!

Looked like a giant 'Tusenbein' (as we say in Norway), directly translated 'thousand legs'. Millipedes, is an english word I found though, if anyone can confirm.

But of course it was an old tree floating on shore during one of the last storms

Stones wet after the tide has gone down and a little rain

Nice pattern in a huge stone. Thought of our "stone crazy" 'Seagull' when I took this one
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; February 26th, 2012, 04:33.

Comment

Hey, that lens looks pretty good! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X