Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Brrrr..... that looks way too cold, but I guess, it is only cold if you don't dress properly....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Have to be honest here though:
      Yes, you're correct about clothing, and that's why Bergans and Skogstad got some of my money a couple of months ago.
      Then, the snow you see there melted away noteably during the few minutes I was up there...., and the day after, the forest was green again
      But during this late day of November, I got a small taste of Christmas.

(And to keep things straight, for those who don't know me: I HATE SNOW (and winter)) .
      Last edited by Sterkoder; November 30th, 2011, 23:06.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        ........and the day after, the forest was green again.
        Is it just me, or do I think the nature is slightly confused about the seasons right now?

....I HATE SNOW (and winter)) .
        That, we both have in common. Nice the first hour after falling, but onwards nothing else than a pain in my butt... (the snow, I mean).

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I just heard that it has even been snowing in Edinburgh!!!!

Comment

You know what..., if I were in your position right now, in Bangkok, I would have searched every possibility to be there through the northern hemisphere winter.
            I'm in bed here now, (writing on my iPhone), and outside is a snowstorm roaring. It is during such weather I could see before me being a bear, rolled together under a blanket and not wake up until May!!!

Comment

This is what met me through the living room door this afternoon

Toward south-west and the suspention bridge

Toward south and Reinsfjell at over 900 meters

Suspention bridge at Gjemnes in the center

View toward Eide and southern part of Averøy

Comment

View toward north-east, Tustna and we see Viken farm to the left side

A lone birch tree down by the farm

A local bank bought and restored the summer house of one of the richest guys in Kristiansund back in the 1800s.
                The bank will use this as their representative place, a place for courses, seminars and kick-offs

Comment

Really good winter-panoramas Mr. Sterkoder!

The light is simply astounding these days, and I'm glad you got to photograph it. The clear blue skies and the winter landscape makes some pretty beautiful sceneries!

Comment

A lone birch tree down by the farm
                    - and please do apologize for me intruding here with yet another comment: but this is really nicely captured. Works very well, and hence, well done!

Comment

please do apologize for me intruding here with yet another comment
                      You are more than welcome...., so please do not apologize

Hope I can get more oportunities to go out and use the camera, as we are moving towards the light season of the year.

Tuesday I will get myself more inspired than ever, as I will attend a seminar here in Kristiansund about using humour in the everyday situation, thinking in new directions, learning to get inspiration from positive forces and so on.
                      The seminar is called 'Luft i Luka' and that is what we call it when we feel the need to air out our top floor, or brain if you will.

It start 12:30 and when it ends at 19:30, we will have experienced photographer Morten Krogvoll, actor Rigmor Galtung, enthusiasm artist Magne Kleiven and last, but not least, a 1,5 hours lecture by the swedish fireman Lasse Gustavson.

I do so look forward to this! In fact it's the first workshop in this years Nordic Light Intl. Festival of Photography ( http://www.nle.no/ )

Don't know what this hgas to do in the Bjerkestrand thread, but hey, I'm the OT-king and we were talking slightly about inspiration.

It's in norwegian, but here's the pdf-file info about the evening, Jan-Olav (and others who read norwegian)
                      http://nle.no/fileadmin/user_upload/..._Luka_2012.pdf
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; January 9th, 2012, 01:13.

Comment

Marvelling over the beautiful blueness of the snow in #156/2, and the silhouetted snow on the tree branch in #156/5 (my over-stimulated imagination is seeing little wooden toy trains with chunky wagons! )
                        In the next post it’s so wonderful for me to see Viken farm in winter dress! And that single tree in the blueness, with those small touches of reflected sky in the icy path that perfectly completes the composition and mood.
                        And very good news that such a charming house will be cared for and find a new use…

Enjoy your Nordic Light seminar tomorrow…

Comment

Oh, Big S--that tree is WON-DER-FULLLLL!!! Actually, they all are, but I am in LOVE with the tree!

Imagine- winter seems so white--so colorless...but actually the opposite, as you have shown!

Comment

Haven't been to Orsætra for a long time now, since two weeks before Christmas last year, so I guess you could say that this week-end I opened my "Orsætra season", looking forward to many a good walk up there through the woods.
                            If you would, please let me take you with me on todays fantastic tour, and we start with a sight meeting the walker after about 300 meters.

Just a little detail about 100 meters thereafter, a small pond with a draintube

Midway along the path to the top, just before the 18% steep walk, there's an open field with a view towards Averøy and Eide all the way in the fjord there

Just after the steep walk and a couple of hundred meters after the open field, someone had desided to take their skis for a walk outside the path

Here I turn 180 degrees and look back for a while. Reinsfjell mountain in the far back

Almost at the top, an old dead tree stood there alone

Comment

Almost at the top I found this sculpture. Nature is a master at making art by itself, but here I must admit a little help has been added.

All the tourpaths at Frei are marked with red T's. If you follow these T's, you will follow a path leading you back to civilization..., to put it that way.

And here we are at the top. View toward south, with Reinsfjellet, you see the floating bridge as one of the elements in the mainland connection for Kristiansund, and far back I would guess we see the high peaks of Trollheimen mountains.

A tree at the Orsætra. I like it when the evening sun lit up something with its flameish, yellow/orange light.

It was time to go down again, and on my way I passed this dead tree
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; January 23rd, 2012, 02:23.

Comment

And what do you know...., walking on the other side of the path, I discovered some details I never saw when walking uphill.
                                Here are some icey details around a small stream coming out from a tube under the path.
                                No comments, I'll just post all six images in a row

Comment

Working...
                                X