Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walking Bjerkestrand (Kristiansund/Frei)

Tried to capture the small thin line of orange from the sunset. Not quite successful...

Mirror images are facinating.

Starting the decent towards home, I found these rocks in the ditch. The upper one is round like a football... (Well, close anyway)
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I remember being up here once, about 16 years ago. As I told my better half, it would be great to take a picture of our house now that I have a proper camera and zoom lense.
      Forgot one thing though...., trees grow during 16 years(dunno)

Anyway, as you might remember I write about ships sailing in and out Freifjorden beneath my home, from time to time, and this is only to show how close to the fjord I live.
      (If you spot something yellow in there among the green treetops, that's where)

On the other side of the fjord, you can see a collection of hundreds of white 'things'. That's caravans permanently standing at Kvisvik Camping.
      In this image, my white terrace door on my little yellow house is visible through the trees.

Okj, thanks for walking with me yet again, and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as me. Have a great coming week all!!!!
      Last edited by Sterkoder; October 23rd, 2011, 21:55.

Comment

You've had quite tricky lighting conditions there. Dusk, back light, no shadows (=low contrasts), pretty grey nature, it's not easy to capture good pictures then. You managed it all pretty good. It's also very interesting to see the nature around you.

Comment

There can never be too many reflection images! These are great, and as Tommi already mentioned, there are some tricky light-conditions you have mastered well.

Nature is wonderful, and I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go out for a walk with the family's pig

The three rocks image is a great catch: this is what I would call nature's own painting.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
          Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
          Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

reflection
            Ahhh...., there's the word I was looking for. Hahaha..., 'mirror images'...

had the opportunity to go out for a walk with the family's pig
            Always thought I was the family pig here, but hey...., great to be wrong

Thanks guys, for nice comments!!! (Yes, I struggled with the light today. Started to sweat, actually)

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              ...Started to sweat, actually)
              Are you really sure that is the main reason for "almost" braking the sweat....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Are you really sure that is the main reason for "almost" braking the sweat....
                Oh yes, my frind...., the walk up those 18-19% steep paths was over 30-40 minutes ago when I took those pictures, so my breath and puls were both ok.
                On a walk like this I might stumble in something on the path, work to keep balance, constantly looking for motifs, and when the tripod is left at home, sweat is the result of all this and holding my breath for longer periodes of time before pressing the camera button.

But of course you might be on the right track: It has to cost something to move a 190 cm high and 120 kg heavy body graciously through the forest

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  ....Originally there were three trunks, but maybe someone had tried to make a sculpture or something....
                  Catapult !!!!!!!!!
                  Glad it’s not aimed at the path towards your house…especially with that cannon-ball-like rock in that other image!
                  See, you really got my imagination going this morning!

And I love the “mirror images”, especially #136/2

Comment

I try to "run" up to Orsætra three times a week, but now, as the days get darker, I have to do this just as I come home from work.
                    Today I did the walk in 26 minutes, so something must have improved.

Here I am in the soon to set sunlight at the steep 18,6% uphill walk, covered with dead pine needles

Nice view this afternoon. In the very far distance, we see the snowcovered Trollheimen mountains

Decorative growth on a birch tree

Nice to sit on a bench at Orsætra, in the silent free nature.

And finally the sun went down behind Meekknoken mountain at Averøy.

If anyone wonder, all the above images were taken with my iPhone camera, and all this is only 30 minutes from my home.
                    I'm so happy I don't live in a city center....;-)
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; October 25th, 2011, 22:25.

Comment

Oh what a slim shadow!!!!!

Actually a excellent image with an Autumn warmth to it.…
                      I like the clumpy growth on the birch tree in the first of the two, partly for the same reason.

Comment

Oh what a slim shadow!!!!!
                        You know, the wind came up that steep path, from behind me, making my pants look like balloony tubes. Funny...

It was 17 degrees Celcius up there yesterday just before sunset, and that is way more than we can expect during summertime. The nature is strange sometimes.
                        Today we have smooth winds from south-east, coming up eastern Europe from Turkey and the Middle-East. Summer is grabing a hold!

(Will show you later what those winds does when it comes to natures own art. Took some pictures at 08:40AM this morning. 'Skyscape' is a key word)
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; October 26th, 2011, 11:34.

Comment

I bet if you had photographed your side view, it would have been like a paper leaf.... !

Sterkoder, tall, dark and handsome!

Comment

I bet if you had photographed your side view, it would have been like a paper leaf.... !
                            Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha........, best comment ever

Comment

A view towards Orsætra today, as seen from Frei church.
                              So now you can look on a picture from that place, where you see the church, and thereby hopefully, you can place where I use to go in your minds.
                              Just got myself a strong LED headlight, so now I do the walk in pitch darkness. Special feeling being up in those hills all by my lonesome in the darkness of the evenings at this time of year.

Comment

Orsetra is at 192 meters and we had to pass on to 27th November until experiencing snow.
                                (Pictures taken with my iPhone )

This is the bench and box on the tree there where the notebook is for writing your name and how many times you've taken the walk.

Toward south and the suspention bridge, anchor place and church where we can see tanker "Grena"

Toward west
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; November 27th, 2011, 22:42.

Comment

Working...
                                X