No announcement yet.

A SUMMER TRIP IN NORWAY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That last shot is so beautiful... what a nice view!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• yvneac
      yvneac commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes,it was a special moment,very poetic.As a friendly goodbye.

Boarding in Leknes we have reached Bodo airport with a short stop at Rost.Then Bodo-Oslo.
    Above Rost.

Comment

Very nice shots... Bodø is one of my favorite airports to arrive or depart from, there is almost always something to take a picture of.

I like the green water, the islands and these vistas!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• yvneac
        yvneac commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you JO

At the entrance of Thon Hotel Opera Oslo

Hop on Hop off bus

Oslo fjord near the City Hall

Comment

• pakarang
        pakarang commented
        Editing a comment
        I just simply LOVE the statue at Thon Hotel, even though the shiny one at the end is my favorite!

Afternoon in Bygdoy

Comment

FRAM Museum

GJOA, the boat with which Amundsen discovered the passage of North-West.

FRAM.Amundsen's logistic boat during the expedition to the South Pole.

Comment

Vikingskipshuset.

Details

Archeological works on the site of Oseberg
          1904-1905

Comment

At the Maritim Museum.
            The original decor of D/S Sandnaes
            https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/DS_%C2...%BB_%281914%29

Comment

Loving the latest installments Yves.
              I meant to ask earlier if you knew the artist of that delightful sculpture at the Thon Hotel Opera? #95

Comment

• yvneac
                yvneac commented
                Editing a comment
                Unfortunately I don't.I asked a yound girl at the reception but she had no idea.I didn't insist.

• Sigve
                Sigve commented
                Editing a comment
                I have tried to find the name of the artist who made this sculpture, but with no success. But I found this in a news story about "Ten works of art that never should have been made" Obviously this gentleman has come to town to have some fun. Unfortunately the artist isn't mentioned even here. (Translated by Google Translate).

"Meet The Iron. A more self-centered and self-righteous bastard you should look long after. He has just arrived in Thon Hotel Opera after a journey of upper middle-class ticket with SAS, before wide-legged took up two seats on the airport express train as he charged his mobile. When he strutted down Dronning Eufemia Street heading towards Thon Hotel Opera he thought "Now I gonna f..k them," and as he put the suitcases down before the Thon Hotel Opera and leans back in the low evening sun, he thinks: "Now I gonna f..k them like hell". The Iron is not only all that is wrong with public art, he is also pretty damn close to being all that is wrong with everything, too."

• nari
                nari commented
                Editing a comment
                I had a long search as well, and failed to find anything that might drop a clue. Whoever he is, he will be an attraction for people thinking about booking in.........or not?

I did not visit Oslo since 1981. It has changed a lot! Although the city is still easy to live, I’d say it came into a new age of its history, with new buildings, new architecture and a new energy. The feeling I had more than 30 years ago to be in a “provincial town” has totally disappeared nowadays.
              Aker Brygge is a new district located in the former docks, beautiful and trendy, formed about the idea of water (fountains, streams, pontoons and even a beach) at the tip of which you can find the interesting (both its shapes and its collections) Faernlay-Astrup museum. In late evening have a drink in terrace (at least in summertime) and a walk around is a nice experience.
              Anybody knows the Oslo Opera House, the white vessel of stone laid on the sea but the neighborhood is still in process, where navvies and cranes work for the very near future.

Aker Brygge

Comment

Opera house

Its skin

Work reflects

Comment

Another view from Aker Brygge.
                  A clever idea is to replace some bricks by videos telling the history of the district.

Comment

Last day in Oslo.
                    In the morning,I went to the comparative exhibition between Munch and Van Gogh.

And,of course, in the afternoon,a visit to Frogner Park

Comment

Then,as a conclusion,my last Norwegian meal

THE END

Comment

• nari
                        nari commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am not a fan of Munch, but Frogner Park was very impressive when I visited in 2013. Could have spent a full day there staring at the way the figures have been crafted in such a humanistic way.
                        The Opera House - not my cup of tea at all. Sorry about that...

• Ralf__
                        Ralf__ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for this wonderful trip report. Some well known places appeared new and intersting through your eyes and other places were completely unknown to me until right now. That was a pleasure to read and look at!

• yvneac
                        yvneac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Nari and Ralf.
                        Nari, I have to say Munch is not the painter I prefer as well.But this exhibition makes your imagination working.About Vigeland, yes, great sculptor.

Ralf,I enjoyed your own trip report aboard Vesteralen.Hope one day I' ll be onboard.

You have been to so many more places in Oslo than me!

Comment

• yvneac
                        yvneac commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't believe you J-O!
                    Working...
                    X