No announcement yet.

Fjord Cruise , Copenhagen, Alesund,Geiranger,Flam,Bergen,Copenhagen. June 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fjord Cruise , Copenhagen, Alesund,Geiranger,Flam,Bergen,Copenhagen. June 2015

A fantastic cruise with NCL Star from Copenhagen back to Copenhagen. We were lucky with the weather, only day1 misty and Bergen raining. Photos of first stop Alesund and trip on little train to mountain top , fantastic view although it turned misty.

Geiranger,and rib boat trip

a Costa Cruise ship at Geiranger

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

rib boat adventure along the Fjord

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Sorry about my signature showing all the time , need to sort that out when mark returns... I will try and add videos now of rib boat trip... fingers crossed ..lol

Last edited by kiki42; July 6th, 2015, 23:59.

Comment

JUST HAD TO ADD THE TROLL AT GEIRANGER

SAILING AWAY FROM GEIRANGER

Last edited by kiki42; July 4th, 2015, 22:39. Reason: photo missing

Comment

ARRIVING AT FLAM and 3 hour train journey

TRAIN STOPPED HERE TO SEE THE WATERFALL .. mystical music was played and a girl was dancing high up on the hillside. ..
          Last edited by kiki42; July 4th, 2015, 22:35. Reason: photo missing .

Comment

WE GOT OFF TRAIN HERE FOR AN HOUR TO ENJOY THE VIEW AND TEA AND WAFFLES. before return journey.

Last edited by kiki42; July 4th, 2015, 22:32. Reason: photo missing

Comment

NCL STAR pictures.

Comment

I hope the videos work and i managed to correct the photos that didn't show .. Not easy trying to sort them out in order. x

Comment

That waterfall view on the Flam Railway trip is breathtaking, isn't it?
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Sigve
                    Sigve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Re huldra: You can recognize huldra from her cows tail. If the beautiful girl you meet in the woods do have a cows tail, you are in big trouble. But then it can be to late, you may already be under her spell...!!!

• Seagull
                    Seagull commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So pleased to see your photos Kiki. I'd been wondering how your cruise was. You were in some of the places I'd been just a couple of weeks earlier, such as the Flåm railway trip. I was not in Geiranger though, so glad to see that Troll is still around! Interesting to see the interiors on your ship, and I do rather like the look of the seating area in the dining room (perhaps because it is a bit more traditional-looking!)

• kiki42
                    kiki42 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The restaurant was only one of about 14 , we visited a different one each night., so for eating I cant fault the ship. I just felt the outdoor pool area a bit dated and the ship was just too crowded for me .. . x actually the one in the photo reminded me of Titanic a bit scary ...lol
                    Last edited by kiki42; July 7th, 2015, 00:20. Reason: added on comment

My Daughter took this amazing photo looking down at Geiranger and the cruise ships . Pity the smoke from NCL sort of spoils it.. .

Comment

the seven sisters waterfall from rib boat trip .

returning on rib boat to Geiranger

Last edited by kiki42; July 9th, 2015, 22:10. Reason: photobucket playing up again... not adding photo

Comment

You know, I was thinking over your remark in #10 about the smoke. I don't think it does spoil the lovely picture, Kiki, because in the foreground there is the sharpness of white water and the solid rocks, a good contrast, then the eye moves into middle distance with the clear but soft foliage, until finally the smoky view of the mountains seems a natural progression!
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• kiki42
                        kiki42 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi Ivy, That all sounds quite romantic, so I will look at the picture in a different light now... lol a lot of photos were with family in them so not suitable to add. My son in law took some lovely ones, so I may add them later.. he was camera mad and said he had never said WOW so much when taking shots.. lol
                    Working...
                    X