• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pakarang
    started a topic Trondheim: new residential projects

Trondheim: new residential projects

Trondheim: new residential projects

I'd like to create this thread to share information and links on the new residential projects of Trondheim.

Sjøhaven Haveby Project:

http://www.sjohaven.no/

Grilstad Marina:

http://www.grilstadmarina.no/

Miljøbyen Granåsen:

http://www.miljobyen.com/

• pakarang
    replied
    An image of the wooden high-rise at Moholt in Trondheim. These are student's accommodations recently built, and the buildings in this project is all massive wood!

The project, referred to as Moholt 5050, has won several prices for their design, and environmental profile.

2018_01_19 Moholt-IMG_6312-EDIT by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Here is a project which I do not understand.... for the most part of the winter, they are always in the shade from the sun.... but, they do have an incredible "fjord-view":

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Re: Trondheim: new residential projects

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    Probably a good thing you spared us by not mentioning how much these apartments cost.... (dunno)
    Actually, compared to many other new projects, they weren't too bad. Too expensive for me, but still reasonable...

Real estate prices has risen 8% since August last year, any own home now is too far out of reach for me.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Probably a good thing you spared us by not mentioning how much these apartments cost.... (dunno)

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

The residents at Ranheim Panorama will have a magnificent view.... all units naturally sold out, with the exception of the two final one's:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Another vision for Trondheim, which at the time is suffering from a severe lack of homes for all the people:

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/okonom...cle3245917.ece

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

1500 new apartments at Lade?

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/okonom...cle3248345.ece

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Another one, from the walking bridge across the railroad:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Progress of Nedre Humlehaugen opposite ranheim station:

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Kristiansund is developing in the same direction.
    From the old times, this city started at the harbour with the lowest houses and buildings, and it grew out to the sides like rings in water and upward to the top of our 4 "lands".
    Now they have built tall 'boxes' on the west side of Marcussundet, they are in progress with a new recidential 'box' blocking the view for those behind further in at the same side, and Port Arthur at Innlandet will block some of the oldest houses of Kristiansund.
    I belive they have been ordered to delete one floor from their plans though.
    How we all build around our harbour is very important, as the harbour is the heart and a place all should have unlimited access to.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    What I'm affraid of is that the increasing number of popular living quarters, private homes, in the quay area of our harbour, will some day block the photographers access to the harbour view.
    I can easily undrstand that one: look at Bodo for example, the tallest buildings are all blocking their docks and the shortest buildings are in the back inland. Good when the cold ocean winter breeze blows in from the sea, but not good when you want to enjoy what the port has to offer.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Yes, I thought about tunnels myself just after posting last night.

You know, there are plans to build residential areas close to the sea here in Kristiansund also, over at Innlandet near Thon Hotel.
    The project is called Port Arthur, but it will not come lower than the quays already in the area.
    What I'm affraid of is that the increasing number of popular living quarters, private homes, in the quay area of our harbour, will some day block the photographers access to the harbour view.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    I'm all for renewal of a city and such, if the community is aware of its history and preserve older parts.
    What amazes me is that the weather is getting worse and worse, the bad weather high tides are more numerous, and yet we build closer and closer to the sea, even IN the sea.

Now, where do they get those huge amounts of stone mass, and what will be built on the spot where it's taken out...?
    Yes, you bring up some pretty crucial questions. It seems like - almost anywhere in the world - beach/sea front properties are "in" the past decade or so, with no regards to rising sea levels and extreme weathers. But, I'm very sure that this is also thought of when they started planning this project.

Much of the stone mass used in this project is from the tunnels currently being created in towards town (from Leangen to Solsiden). I read somewhere that if these tunnels were not going to be made, neither would Grillstad Marina.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

I'm all for renewal of a city and such, if the community is aware of its history and preserve older parts.
    What amazes me is that the weather is getting worse and worse, the bad weather high tides are more numerous, and yet we build closer and closer to the sea, even IN the sea.

Now, where do they get those huge amounts of stone mass, and what will be built on the spot where it's taken out...?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X