Averøy - an island west of Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Averøy - an island west of Kristiansund

Last week-end I went to Averøy and Sjøgarden (www.sjøgarden.no) for a relaxing company gathering with good colleagues.
    This is a place to stay for those who love Norwegian nature, enjoy fishing, want to live in close range from the Atlantic Road, Norwegian Sea, mountains or just be there in peace and quiet.

A colleague arrives with a Bayliner, originally owned and used in Florida.

Here he approaces Sjøgarden

A fantastic place this

Saturday four of us used his Bayliner to explore the nearby area

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Tjønnøya and sailing boat ALBERTINE

PAUL SENIOR at home

A family enjoy the nature

An old barn at Honningsøy

NORNE steaming south at Hustadvika

Hestskjær lighthouse

Comment

How did your colleague manage to get the bayliner as handluggage in the plane from florida???
      (Not because of the size, but the freshwater tank contains more than 100 ml, and that is not allowed to carry with you on flights from/to US)
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

A detail from around the quay at Sjøgarden, a quay where they moore their three Pioner15 boats with 10HP Suzuki and Johnson outboards

Detail in front of the middle house kitchen door :-)

During the teambuilding from the other side of the houses

The boss had a 3 month old dog. In Norwegian it's called a Dansk/Svensk Gårdshund (Danish/Swedish Farm dog)

Comment

Terrific image of the lighthouse, including the marker post which echoes the post-like lighthouse tower.
          And I like the old barn too, and here it is the horizontal elements of the rocks and the building that so complement each other. Similarities of colour play a part in this also.

And naturally your chosen formats for these photos emphasise the direction of content and composition!

Comment

Poof! What happened here?
            First we got a high speed boat panning picture (1:1), followed by a excellent action shot (1:2) and a picture describing the atmosphere (1:3).
            2:3 is a wonderful capture of the Paul Senior while the family joy present in 2:4 is nice to see. 2:6 has a really nice straight perspective.
            4:1 and 4:2 are all about colors and to finish - 4:4 is a wonderful and fun composition!

Comment

Gosh - how did we miss this thread?

Great photos Svein. 1/2 has got to be my favourite though - looking at that image you feel you need to get out of the way.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks you three for comments. Me like :-)

I know Tommi, when I come home after such a week-end with about half a thousand images on my card, it's hard to pick those which will be posted.
                That's why it may look like a pictureposting explosure when I post :-) It's all for your joy though ;-)
                (I had a good laugh over your first line, because I had such thoughts in my mind also. Thanks that happy moment).

I can't say why you missed the thread my friend, because on my screen, all new and commented threads of the forum pops up at the right hand side of the CVF index page :-)
                I continue to post pictures in many different threads all around, so that column on the index page might be a place to watch when you click into the forum.
                Just as simple info then, I can tell you guys that there are new postings in the 'Walking Bjerkestrand' thread ;-)

As I sit here at 7 AM Monday morning and write this comment; Have a great week folks!!!! :-)

PS: My favourite are like yours, #1/2, but also #1/1. The bronze goes to #2/6, first because it's so difficult taking such pictures from a moving in all directions boat deck, second because it's taken, (together with the moving boat deck up and down), as we pass in 6 knots ;-)

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Aha, now you understand what I have been saying for several years, to take picture at sharp focus and straight horizon from a bucking launch at 20 kts. is NOT EASY. Now I usually correct the horizon, but if it is an interesting vessel, focus be damned. (Unless it is TOTALLY out of focus)
                  I try to conway an impression, not a perfect image.

Remember the old wrecked house in #2/3 and Hestskjær lighthouse in nr. 5 of the same post? Well, today me and my daughter drove out to inspect the place and take some pictures.
                Here we go folks, in a slightly different weather:

Comment

Some details from the old warehouse..., or barn, as I first called it

In my iPhone picture, I can see a half face stareing back at me. to the left in that hole

The photographer in action..., pictured by my daughter :-)

Comment

From the shoreline near the old wrecked house...

I see beauty in old rusty scrap

We drove from Honningsøy towards Atlantic Road and passed this old concrete building on the way

And an old deserted farmhouse just 10 meters from the road

Comment

A lot of nice details, and great photos. The shots kind of has a lot more "interestiness" than the following pictures in the Atlantic Road thread. Might be the light?

Comment

I sort of see what Tommi means, although it hadn't struck me like that when I first looked through a combined set of images on FB. Yes the effect of the light on the windows in that last image evoke a mood, and perhaps there is inherently so much interesting detail in rusty remains and old wood which are so 'specially Sterkoder' motifs.

That's leading me to all sorts of fascinating OT thoughts... about the context of what is shown together in a portfolio of images (or in an exhibition), about the sequence one looks at the images, and about how the content of one image and personal responses to it then influence reactions to another.

I won't itemise all my personal favourites again here but just say that the 'face' through the peeling hole is the image which I'll remember, most often return to, and think about.

Comment

Thanks for your comment folks, very much appreciated :-)

These images being of more "interestiness" than the ones from the Atlantic Road, might be because these have more "things" in them, "things" which interconnect in some way.
                          The images from the Atlantic Road are just that; from the Atlantic Road. Only flat ocean and smooth rocks. I don't know, it might be the reason. I had more sun while photographing the wrecked house, while on Atlantic Road it was more cloudy.

Then I see the context of pictures shown together in a portfoilio is mentioned.
                          You know "The Sterkoder Way" don't you? ;-)
                          Instead of spreading my images all over the place, possibly making it a bit difficult to keep track and thus loosing one or two, I make an album (on FB that is) and post my images from the one and same photosession in one bag, chronologically.
                          The chronologic way of posting from a tour is important, so you as a reader/viewer don't have to jump back and forth in the story all the time.
                          Then again..., in CVF I've divided my portfolio into the correct threads and departements :-)

Happy Sunday all...!!
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; March 9th, 2015, 21:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            ....Only flat ocean and smooth rocks....
                            ONLY!!!!! - I might be a teeny weeny bit biased in liking those those rocks, but who could resist that WONDERFUL green wave!

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            You know "The Sterkoder Way" don't you? ;-)
                            Good job you winked there!! Yes of course
                            I like the Sterkoder way because it is going on a virtual walk or journey with you.

My thing with the porttfolio, photo exhibition and coffee-table books comes later! I have always indulged in such imaginary selections and rearrangements, among Jan-Olav's images particularly.
                            It brings new insights and rather reminds me of some major art exhibitions put on during the festival here in Edinburgh when funding for loans from galleries elsewhere was lacking. It led to exhibitions based around imaginative selections from the permanent collections here, presenting the paintings in thought provoking combinations and themes. Amazing how one appreciated things one had walked past countless times and never really ‘seen’!

Comment

Working...
                            X