This is Florø

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Florø

Can't find a thread like this, so I take a chance and make one. I don't want to put the pictures into the thread for pictures of places without their own thread..., simply because there's a good chance someone will go back to Florø, so there might be more...

I find it natural to start with a grafitti I found by walking outside of the usual and normal path

Another thing I found while walking away from the public areas and streets, were this cosy entrance to an old fishshop. The owner was born 13. March 1934 and died 31. December 2013. By looking through the windows, I could see that this is a location used for more than selling fish. The late owner must have been a dedicated ship model builder, as it was several model boxes present as well as not finished ones around. I just fell for the photography friendly entrance

A fence down on a small quay area was decorated by someone...

Here's my home away from home, Quality Hotel Florø. My room was behind window number three from the right side on the second floor. Cosy maritime interior

First thing I did after work Wednesday was to walk around Storvatnet

Then took the stairs up to Kinnvegen to walk back

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Small nice looking private homes

Florø church, built in 1882

Football stadium

In the area around Hjørneviken and the hotel

In Hjørnevika we have Hjørneviksbua, where there's a pub on the first flore and a very nice restaurant on the second floor. Ate there yesterday, had the Buabiff, highly recommented.

Comment

Across the street from Hjørnevikbua is the local brewery Kinn Bryggeri. (Norwegians might recognize this from 'Truls oppdrag Hurtigruten' from the tv

Florø City Hall. Yes, it's true..

Cosy looking tourist info

Small shops in the Strandgaten

The entrance to one of the small shops

Comment

I like small speciality shops like this

This was what I have for now from Florø.

Comment

Florø definetely deserves a own thread. Thank you Sterkoder for posting. Your 'doors' theme is particularly interesting from a photographic point of view.

Comment

• Seagull
            Seagull commented
            Editing a comment
            Really enjoyable Sterkoder. Still one of the Hurtigruten ports where I haven't had an extended stop-over, and your fine photos sure provide some encouragement.

Very enjoyable new thread, Sterkoder - and a great start of the thread too!

No image of Fjord1 headoffice?
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
            Sterkoder commented
            Editing a comment
            I drove past the main office late at night the 5th, but on my way from a great dinner back to my hotel...., I did not stop to take a picture.
            (There's no points for guessing that I was NOT the driver) :-)
        Working...
        X