• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    started a topic This is Kristiansund

This is Kristiansund

http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=515

Continuing from our old forum the thread containing pictures, info and other things about Kristiansund.

Shot a couple of pictures in Vågen and from Varden today.
    Here's one from Varden, with Freikollen (629 m.) nearest and Reinsfjell (920 m.) covered in snow in the background

Another one from Varden overlooking the harbour and city towards south-east

Here's one from Vågen, with the pilot-boat in the foreground

Pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Thank you, both!

I feel like Kristiansund is "fotografert ihjel" (as we say in Norwegian). You guys must help me find a suitable English expression.
    Therefore I feel the need to go more into the details of the city, and try to find motifs none of the "hundreds" of photographers in Kristiansund has yet to discover.
    It's getting more and more difficult.
    My pleasure.

Just look at the Trondheim-thread! It's dead, well, apart from my own posts. I have "photographed-to-dead" most of the threads I post to.

You keep on sparking interest with your photographs, and your techniques are really great. Keep at it, my man, you are doing very well.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thank you, both!

I feel like Kristiansund is "fotografert ihjel" (as we say in Norwegian). You guys must help me find a suitable English expression.
    Therefore I feel the need to go more into the details of the city, and try to find motifs none of the "hundreds" of photographers in Kristiansund has yet to discover.
    It's getting more and more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Very nice motifs, all of them. I like the "new" style I feel you adopted here.

These are a great catch from your day!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Nice to see that you have found a lot of new motifs during your excursion.
    I actually liked those with the window best.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Old vessel FISKAREN on the slipway for major repair on the starboard side of the hull
    (Yes, could have used a polarizer here, to darken the sky. But what do you know..., my camera bag with filters and all was left in my car)
    ​​​​​​IMGP1374 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A b/w picture of FISKAREN at Mellemværftet yard
    ​​​​​​IMGP1376 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The ex. fishfarm food factory is being rebuilt into what will be Kulturfabrikken, a "factory" for culture, music, concerts and what not, opening in September 2019.
    ​​​​​​IMGP1377 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Old SAR-vessel THOMAS FEARNLEY in for maintenance. Picture taken from Kranaveien (if anyone for any reason should use Google Map)
    IMGP1379 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 12th, 2019, 21:33.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Went for a walk in Vågen today, trying to find some inspiration in a serious search for motifs.

The south wall of the old Jonas Eriksen company warehouse
    59976684_10157677985924610_871365842640568320_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

On the roof of that warehouse...., I couldn't help thinking of Led Zeppelin
    ​​​​​​60275744_10157677985754610_5806213133223591936_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Fishing boat POLARFANGST moored near the warehouse
    ​​​​​​60162866_10157677985824610_5091618192502030336_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The old building of Goma Fabrikker AS
    ​​​​​​60258354_10157677986004610_8193154114352316416_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Detail from the factory building
    ​​​​​​60299794_10157677986109610_6958012156717563904_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Old tug FLAX (ex. SEA REX) moored in Vågen. The boat has been moored here for I don't know how many years, so I guess this one has towed its last item
    ​​​​​​60004491_10157677986189610_6136383525718327296_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The main road into the city on the bridge and the secondary road Kranaveien to Vågen and city senter
    ​​​​​​60338621_10157677986259610_2979690216513601536_o by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The old Grip Maling AS factory
    ​​​​​​IMGP1368 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Hey, wait... those are the favourite images from that flight!

So great seeing KSU from that altitude and especially at seeing the Nordstjernen alongside her lay-up dock. Fantastic clear weather as well... thumbs up, Sterkoder.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    What a marvellous flight you had over your city, great weather too, and Nordstjernen as a wonderful bonus!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    A friend of mine has a Cirrus SR20, and today he asked me if I wanted to come along for a flight to Molde to refuel. I never say no to a flight, and today my daughter also came to join us.
    The plane owner in the left seat as captain, my daughter in the right seat as co-pilot and me in the back as a back seat passenger this time.

Here is how Kristiansund looked today, and as we see, NORDSTJERNEN has returned from her Svolvær-Tromsø charter to prepare for the Svalbard season.

​​​​​​IMGP1201 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Vågen, with the new restaurant at Kranaskjæret smack in the middle of the picture
    ​​​​​​IMGP1202 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

NORDSTJERNEN just in
    ​​​​​​IMGP1207 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Kristiansund with the airport straight ahead
    ​​​​​​IMGP1239 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, free parking at Futura.
    What you pay in the city depends in which zone you park.
    The other day I parked at Kongens Plass (can't be more center than that) for 3 hours for NOK 62,-. I don't find that expensive.
    People always say it's too expensive to park in the city, but the thing is, they want to drive to every stores doorstep and they are lazy.
    It's a just as long walk from Kongens Plass to the Pier (as an example) as it is from the innermost store at Futura to just pass the middle of the parking space.
    But at Futura, it's FREE, and people forget about the length of the walk. Strange thing this.

• pakarang
    replied
    OMG! That is a massive new addition, which AGAIN will make the city itself less attractive.

Just curious again: I guess parking at Futura is free and in town you'll have to pay around 30NOK per hour, right?

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Yes, Futura shopping mall is a killer for the city center, and now they even say that the Vinmonopolet will open their second store in Kristiansund in the new expansion of the mall.
    I guess, if the stores in the city center don't wake up, that will be one of the last nails in the coffin for more life here. Here's a picture of the Futura extension of about 6000 m2I think it is.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    So beautiful images, Sterkoder. From a city that is easy to fall in love with. I can easily imagine how that walk/drive along the quayside felt like. Loved the feeling of spring time in your images.

And, om my goodness, the streets are so empty!!

I guess they were all on their way to Futura.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Vågekaia and Kristiansund Municipality Service office as seen from the Pier
    ​​​​​​IMGP1188 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Old sundbåt RAPP, 60 years old. A group of friends of the boat is keeping it ship shape, they got economical support from the city and Riksantikvaren, and they are hired by the sundbåt company for charter from time to time.
    ​​​​​​IMGP1195 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

RAPP and ANGVIK
    ​​​​​​IMGP1197 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X