No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for nice comments. Hav not taken a nighttim picture of the admin. building you mention, Ralf, but will do one evening.
    Today I looked for something else, but found my second digital camera, a FujiFilm Finepix S1500. Put new batteries in it and brought it for a trip into the city.
    When I used it as my primary, I always used it in 'Auto'. Now I had it in 'Manual', to see what it was capable of. Not too happy myself, as it was grainy and kind of soft even in ISO200

Parked at Thon Hotel and took a picture towards Gomalandet

The sun also found a window over at that admin. building where Ralf kindly sked me if I can take a nightshot due to the light deco on the building

Vesterålen, the southbound arrived on time

A detail from an old house in the neighbourhood of Thon Hotel

Then to the other side of Sørsundet inlet from Thon, over at Kirkelandet and Storkaia quay. Sørsundet bridge in sunset

Suddenly a gigantic seagull flew over Averøy
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

On our way back home to Frei, we stopped by the spotterplace above Vestbase oil service base to view the sunset. Used my car roof as camera support

And finally, Vesterålen departed via Markussundet outlet this time

Don't know if I will pick up my Fuji on regular basis again, but it has a place in my photobag now, as it has much more zoom that my Pentax.

Comment

I like the tranquility and mood of that last one of Vesterålen. Very appealing to me.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks, Jan-Olav.
          Today I went up to Varden, and with the clear air, I could see as far as Hitra

SEA CARGO EXPRESS on her way north, with the windmill park at Smøla in the distance

Also visited the communications tower near Varden. Never been there before.

Then it was time to visit a dam west of the city, at Vanndamman

Only this one locked to that long fence

Rusty remains looking vertical down the dam wall

Then I walked across the Vuggaveien street, with over 30 such colourful houses. This is the view west

View east
          Last edited by Sterkoder; February 18th, 2016, 23:48.

Comment

Then I walked the one km down to Klubba

Klubba

Splash with the old houses at Meldalsholmen in the background

Nice place this recreational area down by the ocean

From Klubba across the Kristiansund inlet over to Stavneset light house, it is about 1,1 kilometer

Then, suddenly, I thought I saw Donald Trump! (hahaha)

Comment

Huuh, i am shivering a bit. Looks cold, not attracting as recreational area. But could bee a good place for Donald. Should cool his mind down...
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, I belive the entire world need a cooled down Trump.
                That said, there was no wind yesterday and 7 degrees C on the plus side. The waves came from a storm out in the ocean, creating what we here call "old sea", as in waves not created by present strong wind and current, but rather "old" storms far out :-)
                The area might not look inviting now, but I can assure you it was relaxing to listen to the sea, there were eagles and seagulls making sounds and the air was totally crisp and clear :-)

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
              Splash with the old houses at Meldalsholmen in the background
              I guess that you've also realized that this really was a very very grey day. It's not easy to photograph such days, but you're doing pretty fine. Then suddenly I see a glimpse of color that is always present in the nature - the turquoise splash of water - so exotic for me.

Comment

Great, Sterkoder... you went out despite the somewhat grey conditions. You brought back some good shots too!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

With reference to picture #1456/8, and a request I wanted to fulfill, here are three special pictures for Ralf and his family

The fishingboat and offshore -workboat factory on one side of Sørsundet inlet, nicely lit during the dark hours

Sørsundet and Sørsundet bridge between Kirkelandet and Innlandet (opened 1964)

Before this, I stopped to picture a beautiful sunset this Wednesday evening. View over Vestbase towards west and Averøy. The closest ship is Island Wellserver, the one in side view is Island Frontier and the distant oilrig is Transocean Arctic

Island Wellserver and Transocean Arctic

Comment

Thank you so much, Svein. I remember this nice illumination, when we left K-sund on MS Lofoten. It was not such dark, but we had an impression of these nice welcome and good-bye lights.

Comment

The illumination of the red dock-doors is brilliant. It really makes an impact I think, a positive impression reflecting on the design on the building.

I wish that they could have thought about doing something like this on the many various dock houses along Nidelva river here in Trondheim too. I think that would look really great.

Comment

Festiviteten..., the opera house in Kristiansund as seen from the Brazilian restaurant Boteco

A row of light bulbs outside Boteco

A row of colourful houses. kristiansund is known (at least in Norway) as 'The Polycrome City'.

A newly restored and painted building in Langveien

Kirkelandet church (built 1964)

Comment

The Tourist Information in Kristiansund closed down today. Just before the tourist season, you say? Yes, just intime to NOT be of any service, but from the adress they've been operating out of at Kongens Plass, the Tourist Information will move to the Nordic Light House, where they will share space with the Nordic Light Intl. Festival of Photography and their book-sale, cafè and exhibition rooms, so it might not be so wrong. The only backside of it all is that Kongens Plass is in the middle of pedestrian and tourist traffic, when the Nordic Light House is a few steps out of the normal tourist walking route.
                          Here are a picture taken from the top of Kvernberget yesterday at 10PM, when hurtigrute NORDKAPP was northbound

Comment

I agree to your opinion about the new place of the tourist information. That is really hidden there. They will need a lot of signs.

Comment

Tourist Information opened three days ago, and so far (as I can observe) with tourist buses and cruise ships visiting, it seems like the tourists are finding their way :-)

Now, here are a few pictures from Kristiansund 4. June when VESTERÅLEN was southbound

SAR-vessel ERIK BYE inbound

VESTERÅLEN moored for her 30 minutes visit

The newly seaborne scooner IDEAL awaits her three masts

Just some lanterns on a fishing boat

Comment

Working...
                              X