No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many bouquets or cakes a year it costs you to give your boss every time.

great pics
    best regards Thijs

Comment

Hehe..., none. He's a photography- and ship geek himself, and he can be spotted on that rock at the narrowest passage in #1400/6 ;-) And as he say: I more want a happy 'Sterkoder' at work than a grumpy non-effective one. So you see, Thijs, it's give and take :-)
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Very nice additions to your thread. Tomorrow it will be just one week left until we see that all with our own eyes...
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

We all love "Happy Sterkoder" (as opposed to the grumpy one....
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A few shots from my iPhone while waiting out the delayed call of COSTA NeoROMANTICA Saturday afternoon.
            Due to strong wind and rain, I climbed up to the top cabin of the Varden, a place I've never been before...., strange as it might seem :-)
            (Note: The tower is open to the public in the way that if you want to go inside, you press the button on the door, then a guy down at the city firedept. will see you on a screen and open the door lock for you. As you can see in the upper left corner of the first picture here, it's also a surveillance camera in the cabin ;-) )

(Be adviced, I've used between 35 and 60% HDR in these pictures, like it or not)

The painting on the wall resembles the scenery we see out the windows, and here's the view north towards the ship lane and Grip lighthouse

View towards south-east and the harbour

View towards west and Averøy

View towards south-west

As for the COSTA NeoROMANTICA..., she was delayed about two hours due to bad weather, but around 3 PM local, she entered the harbour to find her place along Storkaia

Moored along Storkaia outside the AMFI shopping mall

"At work" up at the Bautaen and the salute cannons

Finally, at the wall in the first floore of one of the city nurcing homes, a picture made of different materials by the pupils in 2nd and 4th grade at the childrens school of Innlandet in 2004

Comment

Wanted to try out a few b/w pictures Saturday.

From the Sørsundet bridge between Kirkelandet and Innlandet, the city center and COSTA NeoROMANTICA for you

Also from the bridge, Stavneset lighthouse

Is this "art photography" ? Anyway, I called it Over Sørsundet Inlet

View west from Varden

From the top cabin of Varden, the storage vessel HEIDRUN B really stands out

In this picture you can see the Varde tower

On my way down from the Varde area, this one was also out doing its business (it's most likely a she)

By the carpark for the Varden visitors in Omveien street, there are a colourful row of houses

Comment

From the Varden cabin, the colours of Nordlandet can be viewed

View of the Bautaen with its salute cannons. Thon Hotel can be seen barely in the lower right corner

Towards the harbour

COSTA NeoROMANTICA sailing into our harbour via Markussundet inlet for the very first time

Costa and the city

Comment

Over at Innlandet (Tahiti) we have the oldest part of Kristiansund. Here's a couple of old houses in Stabburdsgaten 2

Across the street, in Thomas Aasgaards gate

Down by the sundbåt quay we have the are for the annual Tahitifestivalen (24. June to 27. June this year)
                  Among others, 24th see Suzanne Vega, 25th Waterboys and 27th Mike & The Mechanics. 26th will be an all Norwegian night.
                  www.tahiti-festivalen.no

The logo of the festival is a frog. This is due to the fact that the man behind were Frode Alnæs, one of the best guitarplayers in Norway and guitarist in the Norwegian band Dance With A Stranger.
                  He's called Frode Frosk (Frode Frog) :-)

One of the tenfold inhabitants of the Tahiti seahouse (brygge)

From Caroline Cinema and Conference Hall it all looked like this

Turning 180 degrees, here's the Caroline Cinema for you

Comment

From the Bautaen, Costa, Kirkelandet church and the Varden tower, over all the city roofs

Down at the Storkaia, passengers (1.670 in all) make themselves ready to explore whatever they want on this cold and rainy day. I spoke to several, and not a single one complained about the weather...., and they told me what a beautyful city I lived in ;-)

Oh, there were buses all right...

-"Party #9, please!"

The Port Authority "rope master" had enough ropes to sort out

It's a nice thought that it will only go uphill when you've been down

Costa and a deserted parking area

From Sørsundet bridge viewing east

Comment

Superb views from the Varden tower, but then you show superb views from wherever you are looking in Kristiansund. The view from my room in the little hotel in Woudrichem last year was delightful and I could have stood watching the river traffic for hours, so I would be beside myself if I lived in Kristiansund!
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thanks for those words!
                        It's nothing wrong in being beside oneself. I'm just that all the time, and I strongly belive it has a positive effect on health in the way that my pulse is down low and I don't get stressed that easy. So just stand and watch for as long as you want, it's only doing you good :-)

Comment

So happy to watch these pictures.
                          I feel that they show more, communicates more, they are more arty, they got more soul, they are just a lot more than before.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                            Sterkoder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks!
                            I was talking to my daughter about that yesterday. We went through a couple of old albums on Photobucket, both from the time I had my FujiFilm Finepix S-5500 and my first Pentax, the entry level K-X.
                            I told her I was embarassed over many of my pictures..., with burnt out skies and all. Wow, I could hardly belive I took them.
                            One thing is for sure, I did not know what I was doing back then.
                            Maybe I will say that about my albums of today too in 5-10 years :-)
                            But all this tell me I develop and are learning something new to go out and practice every day (Thank you, YouTube and Mike Browne of photographycourses.biz)

For a couple of days I've had a back pain so bad that I decided to stay home from work today.
                          It's all muscular, and so I tried to loosen the "knob" by walking in what we can call uneven terrain. If it's ok, I will not know until tomorrow.
                          Anyway, during my walk, I brought with me my Pentax, with the monopod as some kind of a supporting stick for my walking.
                          The Dash-8 from Widerøe at Kristiansund airport, you can see in the plane spotter thread. The rest you can see here.

View toward the expanding of the ground facilities at the airport

In the same direction, we see the ferry between Seivika and Tømmervåg

Trollfjord is the southbound hurtigrute on her way down the ship lane from Trondheim

In the same direction, we see one of the SuperPuma helios of CHC Helicopters coming in from an oilrig out in the ocean

From Kvernberget we look down on the lighthouse at Kvitnes, and the private home looking like a firestation. LOS099, the pilot boat is going out to a ship waiting

Nope..., it was not Trollfjord which would take on pilot :-)

Towards north

Towards west and the city. We see the storage vessel Heidrun B big and orange

Comment

• nari
                            nari commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You did the best thing re your back pain - go walking. The worst thing is to rest. Intuition can work well!

Yes, that's true..., walk. But not on concrete floor and asphalt yards at work. Uneven terrain is gold to back pain (muscular)
                          Last pictures from the hillside at Kvernberget. There are paths, but I crossed them, never did walk parallell ;-)

Last edited by Sterkoder; May 27th, 2015, 00:36.

Comment

• nari
                            nari commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Extremely therapeutic to go walking in such a beautiful environment and especially on uneven ground - yes, concrete floors are not good to say the least.

My back is back..., to put it that way. It's kind of ok, so I guess a walk in uneven terrain helps. It has helped me once before..., then also Kvernberget.

Some pictures from Kristiansund today where Nordlys was the southbound hurtigrute and sundbåt Framnæs operated on the harbour

At the ro-ro quay was North Promise

Flowers and anchor outside Havnekontoret pub and restaurant

Inner Coast Guard KV Njord policeing the fjords today

HSC Terningen moored and sut down after the last trip from Trondheim

Comment

Working...
                          X