• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To continue the colourful paintings at Allanengen

You've seen this before..., from under the Nordsundet bridge

So is this

And this guy

A third school, Gomalandet, in Kristiansund looks like this from this spot under the bridge

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Interesting new collection, Sterkoder.

I totally agree with you, colorful "street decorations" are very photogenic, despite the fact that they also "pollute" our local environment.

You have managed to gather a nice set here.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you, Sir ;-)
        I can understand the pollution point about some of the street art, but in my view...., the pollution comes when we talk about tagging. That's half way or more to vandalism, in my eyes.

So, as I wrote in the Nordic Light Photo festival thread, here comes a few pictures from Kristiansund again.
        After taking pictures in this city for many years, I thought I soon would come to an end in how many new motifs it would be possible to find.
        Now, as the trip to Grip was cancelled, I took a few shots of the city before anyone else were in the streets, Sunday morning at 09:30.
        That is a time I usually is deep sleeping in my bed, so these are in that content "new" motifs for me. Enjoy ;-)

Kaibakken, some kind of main street in the city senter

Anchor of the old sailing ship STELLA with the City Hall in the background

City Hall with seagull sculpture

Former coffeebar Onkel & Vennene hans, now Restaurant and coffeebar Havnekontoret.

Kristiansund city senter, where Vågekaia, Kaibakken, Arnulf Øverlands gate (Storkaia) and the Pier meets. City square and Gallery Jonas Eriksen in the background

From the other side towards Arnulf Øverlands gate

Comment

Kristiansunds only art-deco building

A city dove, fresh from morning bath

Kiosks and Peppes Pizza in the City Hall basement at the city square

'Fisketrappa' (Fishermans Stairs). This is where, in the old days, small fishing boats would moore bow in and side by side to sell off their catch. Buyers, mostly the women of the city
          would walk down the steps to buy fish

Towards the Pier and our planned transport to Grip, Hagbart Waage. The photographer there is my daughter :-)

Shot from the hip, a VW Beetle mod. 1962

Last edited by Sterkoder; April 29th, 2015, 08:35.

Comment

Vågekaia

Former SAR-vessel, now charter boat, Hagbart Waage (Yes, the MOB-boat needs inflating, I know)
            [

Former sundbåt, now charter boat, Rapp

A detail from Kaibakken

We have two such clocks, this and the other one at the Pier

On our way back home, we stopped to take a picture of Grip

Comment

The arty statue outside the City hall is interesting, in a coastal town there shouldn't be any lack of seagulls - but someone still thought that they should be materialized just in case....
              Nice art by the way.

Beefy clock!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                .... there shouldn't be any lack of seagulls - but someone still thought that they should be materialized just in case....
                Of course! They were SO welcoming when I visited!

Liked the clock and the Art Deco building, Sterkoder

Comment

Last night I saw a video about Don McCullin and his transition from analog to digital photography at age 77.
                  It was so inspireing and he also let us take part in a couple of tricks and things to do with the digital DSLR I did not know about (mainly because I have neglected my Pentax user manual).

Anyway, and I don't know if my pictures are any better than before..., but as you can understand, McCullin is a b&w photographer ;-)

A part of an old steam engine at Mellemværftet yard

The main building at Mellemværftet

A very narrow door in the wall of the blacksmith department at Mellemværftet

Blacksmith and engine workshop

Administration entrance of the old yard

Old fireboat SLUKK II

Comment

Then I moved up to Langveien road and the area around Kirkelandet church and Vanndamman park area

Kirkelandet church opened in 1964

Langveien road

Nice warm colours in Langveien

Across the street is Electrical power kiosk #24 Vanndamman, one of several with this design in our city

Entrance to a electrical power kiosk in the basement of the old Allanengen school

A well known house in Kristiansund (Is this art deco? In that case we have two such houses here)

Comment

Then I drove over to Nordlandet and all the way out to the north side of Kvernberget. LNG tanker PIONEER KNUTSEN can be seen to the left and settlements on Langholmen to the right

Langholmen with the houses. Island Smøla is covered by rainshowers

PIONEER KNUTSEN closeing in

I like the showers in the horizon

Don't think we can call this a large tanker

Passing Kvitneset lighthouse on her way to docking

Comment

Some great light and shower activity out there in the ocean

Mountains at Tustna island covered in rainshowers

And then the clouds open up

Comment

Oh yeah...., one last picture. I thought it was some kind of forward first line mini firestation..., but it turns out it's a private home. (OUCH!)

That's all for now, folks..., enjoy your week-end :-)

Comment

Hmmm, it's great to see that you have been inspired. There's some new nerve in your photos that I haven't seen before. Nice feel!

Comment

Thanks Tommi, much appreciated! :-)
                              I've learned one thing: shooting a picture in colour and make it b&w on the pc in the editing, and shooting b&w with the camera set in that mode, is two completely different things.
                              Takeing pictures in b&w is difficult.

Comment

In one of my last pictures from a couple of days ago, we could look down on a lighthouse.
                                Yesterday, I walked down to that place, and a few bunkers and shelters left behind from WW2.

There are stone stairs down to the area

Some german leftovers from the war

On my way down, there was that house again (Not exactly my colour to a private home)

Almost at the lighthouse, this is the view towards the city

Kvitnes lighthouse

There are bunkers and observation posts around. The germans also had a huge cannon up on a hill here

What's left of the observation tower

Inside

Comment

Working...
                                X