No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heeeey...., guess which ship came sailing into our harbour late last night? The AZORES, ex. Stockholm!!
    Story and pictures in the Veteran ships before 1970s thread ;-)

Last edited by Sterkoder; March 10th, 2015, 08:05.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

AZORES continue her sailing at 14:00 local today, and info from Port Authority say that we will have another visit from a vruise ship due to weather on Thursday. Then ex. Aleksandr Pushkin, now MARCO POLO arrive at 08:00 and depart for Geiranger at 18:00 local time :-) Better charge my camera batteries 😄

Comment

You certainly better charge all batteries!

It seems one really needs to keep alert with things in Kristiansund and Trondheim these days!!! After Azores missed out on Trondheim on 2nd March, I noticed that Marco Polo made an unexpected call there on Friday 6th. She had encountered some problem on her way north, turned, and headed up the fjord to Trondheim, though Jan-Olav may not have seen her in his "Days & NIghts" busiest shift week.

Comment

Here's a couple of MARCO POLO in Kristiansund

Comment

After getting an error message trying to post pictures of containership JAN in the correct thread, I'll try to post them here...., with the excuse that you see Kristiansund in the background

JAN passing between Averøy and Frei

Vestbase offshore service base in the background with Omsundet bridge in the distance

Here you see in a straight line under Sørsundet bridge across the harbour and out Nordsundet under the Nordsundet bridge

Comment

Oh... error with JAN.... that made me giggle!

I (heart) Kristiansund!
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Every morning at about 06:30 local, I drive over Omsundet bridge on my way to work.

Many a morning has there been colours in the east, as the sunrise were closeing in, and just as many mornings have I just had a quick look and driven on.
                Not today. I could not take my eyes off the beautiful scenere, so I diverted the main road and drove out towards Byskogen and the old Omsundet bridge.

I shot a few images with my iPhone, but when I heard the engines of the first Boeing roar at the airport above..., I got hold of my Pentax to do the work.
                You have to belive me when I say the only adjustments are sharpening, cropping and a little lighting of the darkest shadows.

Experienceing this is 'mental refueling' to me, and something that gives me energy to think about :-)

The Pentax images for you, enjoy...

The aircraft is as I told you SAS Boeing 737-783 "Dag Viking" reg. LN-RRB flying route SK2302 to Gardermoen/Oslo

I could stand and watch through the hole sunrise, but unfortunately..., job called

A friend of mine thought he could recognize Edward Munch, the famous Norwegian painter (The Screem, you know) and his brush strokes in the sky. I could agree :-)
                (Could I ever get the Munch worth of money for these ;-) )

Comment

• yvneac
                  yvneac commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree with your friend.Well judged.

• Seagull
                  Seagull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here - the Munch-like cloud was my first reaction and was why the second photo in particular was my favourite, but I do like the plane one too.

The highest mountain in Kristiansund is Freikollen (629 meters). There are often paragliders jumping off the top, and here are the last of two this afternoon.

Half way down, catching sunbeams

Above me, turning right (note the right rear edge of the wing pulled down to produce drag, making the right side of the gliderchute dip and thereby turning the thing right), getting ready to land

Final approach, planning to touch down between those cars to the left

Jepp, this looks about right :-)

Last edited by Sterkoder; March 18th, 2015, 10:44.

Comment

Wonderful morning colors!! The right thread to advertise our holiday trip again and again...
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I only hope you can have the same weather experience :-)
                    (Just as you know, a friend has invited me to Lillestrøm and Kjeller Airshow 30. May. I have not decided if I want to go or not, but if I do, I will go Friday 29. May just after work. Felt like telling you).

Now, last Saturday I took my Pentax out for a walk again, and here's the result

Sørsundet bridge

From the bridge

One of the nicknames of Kristiansund is "the polychrome" city. Many nice colours seen over at Nordlandet

Harbour seen from the Sørsundet bridge

Over to Vågen and this is the view from Patrick Volkmar Coffeehouse. They make coffee every Tuesday on the only remaining coffeegrinder and burner in the city

Comment

You see the Coffeehouse to the left

Sorry to bring you back and forth this way, but here's yet another picture taken on Innlandet, and the road in front lead to Thon Hotel

And from the bridge again, we see to leicure crafts sailing out to enjoy the nice weather

Rather nice (I don't want to say spectacular) to stand up on Sørsundet bridge when a hurtigrute passes beneath, Ralf ;-)

Comment

Especially like #1365/6 with the clouds and their reflections. But I really popped in here to say I had already been looking at the webpage of Kristiansund og Nordmore Havn, with the Harbour Photographer'’s compilation “Påsken 2015” - so proud of you . (No modesty or blushing allowed!)

Comment

Thank you so much! I try to post pictures of a certain quality in there...., as I do here, of cource :-)
                          The Port Authority has a person dedicated now to the follow up of their "new" Facebook-pages, and...., they would very much like to arrange a Harbour Day this summer, and use the 140 years jubilee of the first ever cruise from a Norwegian harbour as a small part of it (Thomas Cook, 1875). Ain't that great, or what? :-) :-D

Comment

• Seagull
                            Seagull commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's absolutely brilliant, Svein!

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                          I only hope you can have the same weather experience :-)
                          (Just as you know, a friend has invited me to Lillestrøm and Kjeller Airshow 30. May. I have not decided if I want to go or not, but if I do, I will go Friday 29. May just after work. Felt like telling you).
                          Do as you like. We certainly are able to spend time in K'sund without you! Don't feel obliged to stay in town for the weekend as a tour guide and miss a wonderful airshow experience. Of course the forum mebers have a right and the wish to see fresh airplane pictures as well. There is also another evening when we return from our Hurtigruten trip.
                          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

The Pentax and I did another round in Kristiansund last Saturday.

East wall of the ex. Langveien elementary school

Someone did some grafitti when the school was in service

Then we moved over to another school in the city, Allanengen

They have painted pictures in their shelters :-)

For kristiansunders of a certain age, this door is a rememberance of the 'gate to Hell'...., the mandatory school dentist!

Comment

Working...
                            X