No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Virgin images"?? Gettouttadagutter, Storli! Welcome home!

Looking forward to more experimentation, Big S!!!!!!

Comment

Impossible to give a correct impression via a camera, but the sunset this afternoon was spectacular. Not in the sence that there were colourful clouds, but the sky itself changed from light pink via purple to orange

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Beautiful setting... absolutely beautiful skies!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Another way of seeing Kristiansund:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA! Now I got me a good laugh

Comment

That oil platform image of KSU was scanned from an old Telenor brochure...

I thought it was kind of cool...

Comment

The interactive internet movie "Running Girl" was released today.
                This is about a girl jogging through Kristiansund, and along the way you can stop the movie to learn more about a subject, you can click in to different pages, read more about "this and that" in Kristiansund and so on.

I suggest you click in to 'About RG' first, to read about the project and what the movie and the interactive possibilities are all about.

This is also new to me, but I belive the journey will end up with people knowing more about Kristiansund and Nordmøre, and it will also be easier to find spesific web-pages.
                All text is in english, so after some time, maybe you can write a little bit about what you think about the Running Girl consept..?

You can try to turn up your volume, but after a while, the melody will go into your bones in a crazy way.

Here's the RG link: http://www.runninggirl.no/

Comment

Went to the city today, and thought I should try my new camera.
                  Panorama of the harbour taken from the Pier, facing east.
                  The bridge is Nordsundet bridge between Gomalandet to the left and the biggest of the island in Kristiansund, Nordlandet to the right.
                  This is of course put together of three separate images and the span should be around 160°. The stern of sundbåten "Rapp" to the left and former RS "Hagbart Waage" to the right.
                  (Original is 4972 x 1078 pixels, but Photobucket automatically scaled it down to 165 x 35, so I guess this would not impress no none....).

Behind me, also on the Pier, is a Memorial over sailors who never did return home after the war. In the background, the main street in the middle of Kristiansund, Kaibakken...

And over at Nordlandet, we have "my" church. Everything me and my family ever needed a church to do, this is the church we've used.
                  Her name is Nordlandet Kirke, and was built in 1914 of rock and wood. It has 700 seats.
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; January 30th, 2010, 18:10.

Comment

Till this day, I have never been to Norlandet Church... nor have I been inside.

Comment

It's a very nice church, and I like the interior except for the benches, which are very hard to sit on for more than the duration of a religious service....
                      Went to a concert there some years ago: "Blue Choral" by Knut Reiersrud and Iver Kleive (Awesome...., AWESOME!!!!! ), and those two top norwegian musicians said that Nordlandet church has the best acoustic of all the churches they've played in, maybe except for Nidarosdomen

Me proud...? Oh, yes....!
                      And if you can download "Blue Choral" (Blå Koral) from somewhere, it's highly recommended. The music can be demanding at first in connection with a church, but all tracks are anthems, and I urge you to just sit back and listen.
                      I can assure you....; whatever hair you've got will stand straight up!!!

Comment

Finally...., an operator of the boat route between Kristiansund and Grip is in place! Now our summer tourists can experience Grip again
                        Vikaneset Maritim AS got a 10 years contract and they just bought the catamaran "Aurlandsfjord II" for the sum of NOK 4 millions.
                        They have no idea about what it will be yet, but Vikaneset are open for a name change of the vessel. Has to be local though...
                        The vessel will arrive from Bergen on the 15th April.

Photo: Ole Jacob Dingen via Skipslisten
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; February 2nd, 2010, 22:08.

Comment

Kristiansund harbour, Sørsundet bridge and the sunset again. The huge silouette of that offshore vessel there is the monster "Normand Subsea"

Comment

Beautiful sunsets: very tranquil and peaceful.

My favorite is the first one: with the sun rays stretching out.

Comment

How about this, Jan-Olav...., do you remember this house in Brunsvika...?
                              (It has to give way to a new house, so there's nothing more to it than that).

Photo: via Brunsvika.net

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                How about this, Jan-Olav...., do you remember this house in Brunsvika...?
                                (It has to give way to a new house, so there's nothing more to it than that).
                                Ouuuchhh.... what happened to the old house???

All the money I hid in the walls might have been found I suppose?

Comment

Working...
                                X