No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a beautiful image at #1323.3, the water is like glass, not a ripple anywhere.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

• Sterkoder
      Sterkoder commented
      Editing a comment
      That glassy water was what made me stop. This is a point everyone pass on their way to or from work, and there are no natural place or reason to stop there. I could not pass this view yet another time, and had to find a place to stop and walk over to the lake :-)

• wherrygirl
      wherrygirl commented
      Editing a comment
      And I'm so glad you did!
      But you say people pass it on their way to work. Now I'm thinking of the places I used to pass on the way to work........ Svein, they did not look quite like that, I can assure you!

I must admit that I find the "Krisitiansund" sign to change quite often.... looks like NORODDTOPPEN now?
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This sign has developed into a board where organisations or the city itself can tell the rest of us what's going on. This time it is something about the sport club Norodd idrettslag. When nothing in particular happen, the board say KRISTIANSUND 😃 Today, 1. November, we say congratulation and happy birthday to Thon Hotel Innlandet, celebrating their 5 first years 😄 The space up on that hill can be rented for NOK 5.000,-.
      Last edited by Sterkoder; November 1st, 2014, 20:34.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Nothing stop me from going out with my Pentax if I really want to. Tonight, we had the heaviest rain for a long time here in Kristiansund, but as my Pentax K-5 II is waterproof, I only had to put on good clothes.
        Here's the result from a short drive around Saturday 1. November 2014 at around 16-17:00 local.

SAS has changed planes between Kristiansund and Oslo on Saturdays during wintertime, due to less people flying. Usually served by a Boeing 737, the Saturday afternoon flight to Oslo is now served by a ATR 72-600.

Driving to Vågen in the city center, SVANØY moored at Kristiansund Mech. yard

The old firboat SLUKK II

RS SOLLI came from Åndalsnes last week-end to do some maintenance

In the area of the slipway

Wet in Kristiansund tonight

Old office entrance at Mellemværftet yard

BRIS was not laying completely still, so with 4 sec. shutter, she became a bit blurry.

Last edited by Sterkoder; November 3rd, 2014, 07:58.

Comment

great shots Svein,i specially like the 2 mages with ''solli'' on them.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Great to see all those results of inspiration and energy Svein, that's something lacking here for the moment.

Comment

• Sterkoder
              Sterkoder commented
              Editing a comment
              Lack of inspiration and energy is no fun. As I seek inspiration and trying to get re-fueled in other photographers work, I hope my few images from tonight can give someone inspiration to pick up the camera and just go out no matter what weather.

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              This was wonderful afternoon pictures, and should be a super inspiration for us all.
              This was great, Svein

Perhaps we should rent that sign on the hill and have them say CaptainsVoyage at OUR anniversary ?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
              Sterkoder commented
              Editing a comment
              Jepp, maybe we should. I can assure you one thing; questions would've been asked about what on earth is CAPTAINSVOYAGE, and the CVF webpage would experience hundreds of hits. Seriously, the rent of space is NOK 5.000,- and I don't know for how long.

The Kristiansund Harbour Authority is about to go out in the world to invite cruise companies, agents and tourists to our city, first to a cruise exhibition in the USA, and in their pocket they have this video (turn to full screen and listen..., it's in english):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFExX...&feature=share

Fantastic!! :-)

Comment

• yvneac
              yvneac commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes a fantastic video.Not only for cruisers!

• Tommi
              Tommi commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice video, lovely scenery and great appearance.
              I think however I love the everyday realistic appearance of the KOM Trainee even more.

Came back to see this thread and read the new posts....

Then, I saw the image of the entrance door at Mellemværftet .... that is a brilliant night shot: perfect cropping and exposure... it's like a door to something interesting, a picture with something to tell.

Comment

• Sterkoder
              Sterkoder commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you so much for nice comments. And luckily it rained :-) Somehow, I find rainy days rather suited for photography.
              The picture would not be so nice if the concrete had been dry.

Today, I did something I seldom do...., or rather; never :-)
            I climbed out of bed long before sunrise on a Saturday morning...., WOW!
            Inspired by a YouTube video about the working habits of long time National Geography photographer Mike Yamashita, where he talks about "The magic hour" (half an hour before- and after sunrise). Thought I had to try it once :-)

Kristiansund is a rather peaceful and quiet city before sunrise, even on a Saturday, as I guess all places are, and the quiet is only broken by the sound of seagulls and doves on roofs around.
            It's so unstressfull, calming to be in such an environment and here are a few impressions...

From top of Hauggata by the firestation. Difficult to take pictures with light and shadow in the frame at the same time.

From the same place, looking towards Markussundet inlet, where all cruise ships sail in and out during the season

Quiet down by the Pier

Nordlandet to the left, Markussundet inlet in the middle, Innlandet to the right and soon the sun rise above Frei

Down by the Pier and sundbåt pontoon, four "guys" were showing off to a "girl". My presence broke them up for a while ;-)

Pilot boat LOS120 and SAR-vessel ERIK BYE out in the early morning light

Comment

it'snice to be there where on that hour nobody is,i have done it ones,and the ''i hope for so much'' red Sunrise didn't came.
              so a second time i have to think very hard for to do it again.
              but what a great golden sky.
              best regards Thijs

Comment

The only streamlined klippfish shop in Norway (?)

The city square, the Pier, harbour, and view towards Frei south of the city center

The former maritime equipment dealer Jonas Eriksen AS building in some nice morning light. We see Kvernberget in the distance

Sundbåt ANGVIK on its first roundtrip, seen here sailing from Krikelandet to Innlandet

ANGVIK depart Innlandet and set course Nordlandet. No special arrangement or happening in the city this weekend, so therefore the city name is up at the Hollywood-ish like sign

Kystekspressen hsc in from Edøy/Smøla. This is MØREJARL, and it might be one of the last pictures of it in Kristiansund. The hsc is sold to Kroatia, and during December, it will sail to Bergen to be loaded on a transport vessel. Nordmørsterminalen and headquarter of the harbour authority in the background at the hurtigrute quay.

It was time to try something I seldom do, or rather never, as I will not have the dust problems back as I experienced with my former Pentax. I took off the Pentax 18-135mm and mounted a Samsung 10-17mm. The effect in the car roof may look like a rain puddle on the edge of a quay ;-)

Last edited by Sterkoder; November 17th, 2014, 13:33.

Comment

Thon Hotel, the citys most photographed hotel (at least by me), with the museumsundbåt NORDSUND to the left and Sørsundet to the right

Before I drove the 2 mile way back home to eat breakfast, have a good big cup of coffee and the Saturday newspaper, I had to look around Vanndamman (the very old and now former fresh water reservoar of the city) to see if there were any motifs worth fixing to the picturecard.
                  Heres the old house where the main pumps and such were placed

Silent place

The entrance to the high pressure basin (pool), 'Høytrykken' as it is called by locals.
                  This is where they pumped water up to so that the pumps around in the city would have falling water to work with, as this large pool is on the very top of the city.
                  Today, dried out and not in use, this place is taken over by the youths, and it was a popular place for skateboard activity once.
                  Now we have a little problem with youth activity which not exactly enjoy light and open areas, to put it that way. There has been problems with both drugs and alcohol up here.
                  Don't know the exact level of these problems today, as I suspect, from media, it's more quiet now. Let's hope so.
                  Anyway, colourful entrance and Adidas-like shadows in my last picture...

Last edited by Sterkoder; November 15th, 2014, 19:06.

Comment

Again a nice walk. Such a fine weather you have up there. Thank you for these great pictures.
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Great idea to get up early isn't it? I did that once in Strängnäs for some years ago, pretty different.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Quote: "Great idea to get up early isn't it?"

Nah...., sometime yes, sometimes no. I have such long days during weeks, so I 'ligger på lading' (lay down charging) in the weekend :-)
                        But rest assured, it will not be the last time though.
                    Working...
                    X