This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    ... I can sence a rememberance of someone in here writeing something about it, but of course..., now I can't find it.....

...So that might be it then, they fly the flag of the country from which the ship captain orign.
    Here you are Sterkoder - pakarang's post from 2011

Comment

Thank you (again) !
      Now the people in Kristiansund asking me can have their answers.
      And furthermore, I will never ask about this railing flagpost again..., I promise... :-)
      Thanks again C for digging that 2011 post up, when my digger was broken to put it in a fancy way :-D
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Dear Sterkoder,

Glad you got that flag thing sorted out.

Additionally, I would like to express my most sincere gratitude for the set of photographs you have now again presented. The quality is really high, and you seem to be very able to compose "city and ship" details together in one single photograph. That takes skill in my mind, so congratulations once again.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          A humble man say thank you :-) I feel that there might be too many pictures of a ship itself, so the "ship-in-city" compositions are always nice to do.
          In that way I also experience new details in my own city.

More now than before I try to sort of interwine, or what you call it, cruiseships into the city...., so this time too, if it's ok for you (and I have never seen any protests), I post my images from the seasons fourth cruiseship call to Kristiansund in the Kristiansund thread.
        Sunday June 8th saw ultra-luxury (so the commercial say) SILVER EXPLORER from 0700 to 1400.

Here she is together with research vessel JOHAN HJORT at the hurtigrute quay

I came too late to take pictures from any other point this time, as she has already cast loose her moorings here. So this time all my images were taken from the sundbåt quay at Nordlandet

People enjoy the summery weather we had Sunday (Yes, the harbour is in fact so clean (after many years of working for it) that the fish caught can actually be eaten :-)

1400 hours and time to leave...., for Brønnøysund

Details from the ship and city. If you might notice; the masts of the ship and the top spear of the Kirkelandet church fits very well together ;-)

Comment

The city looks rather flat when viewed from Nordlandet

Some dudes don't give a damn about the harbour 5 knots speed limit.

Under Sørsundet bridge, out Sørsundet outlet and towards Brønnøysund they sail...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
            More now than before I try to sort of interwine, or what you call it, cruiseships into the city...., so this time too, if it's ok for you (and I have never seen any protests)...
            Certainly ok from me! I always like how you put the ships in that context, and I like to do the same. But of course it is especially appropriate in Kristiansund where, as I have often remarked, the harbour IS the 'city centre'. And it’s always nice to post such pictures so that we can often see the same cruiseships in the surroundings of different ports.

Ah, that third photo (#1284/3) - folk fishing in the harbour, a family enjoying the summer weather, AND a 'pakarang view' of Silver Explorer all in one charming image

Comment

Ah, that third photo (#1284/3) - folk fishing in the harbour, a family enjoying the summer weather, AND a 'pakarang view' of Silver Explorer all in one charming image
              Yes, I tried to make a picture showing the life around the harbour..., as the harbour authorities would much rather have those kind of pictures than pictures of ships alone.
              (I'm asked to be the "harbour photographer", remember? ;-) ).

And we also see the 'pakarang view'..., or rather, the reverse one though ;-)

Comment

Kristiansund harbour Thursday evening; coastal cargo vessel NORDVÅG of Norlines, NORMAND REACH and coastal express HSC TERNINGEN

Innlandet left, Sørsundet center and Kirkelandet right

Comment

Today we had an unexpected visit of a cruiseship in Kristiansund.
                  Fred. Olsen Lines BALMORAL called us as a deviation from its original destination due to bad weather there (Tromsø I belive?).
                  They decided to visit us and wait out the weather up north. (Never heard such excuse for a deviation before, but anyway, it created life in town :-)

They left at around 5 PM for Tromsø

As BALMORAL sailed out Markussundet, I walked over to two boats selling their freshly trawled prawns

In previous days we could have three or four boats selling prawns, today we have several weeks without. Today there were two, ASLEGUT and PAULINE

My bad research resulted in me not knowing where they trawled or at which price they are selling :-(

Comment

1 liter and 0,5 liter made ready for the next customer to ASLEGUT

These days, due to threats against national security in Norway, they want all hurtigrute ships to dock at Storkaia. I'd rather like this as a permanent order, as it creates more life in the city and passengers are closer to things to see (and buy) :-) Today the southbound was TROLLFJORD

Despite overcast, we had 20 degrees Celsius and people enjoyed...

Souvenirs and hurtigruten stick together

Comment

Yacht SAPPHIRE resting at the guest docks

MØREJARL turn around, leaving a nice pattern and set course Trondheim

At the end, one of Norways finest fishing vessels, the LIBAS, came in via Sørsundet inlet. A beauty this one...

Let me give you all a colourful end to my post, first guard vessel SHANNON, moored at Storkaia

And finally, tonights rainbow with nice skyscape (in my view)
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; August 1st, 2014, 11:10.

Comment

Unexpected treats! I can just imagine your pleasure at getting an extra cruise call!
                        Can't quite understand why Storkaia would be considered a more secure location, but I always like seeing familiar ships in unusual locations. Yes, certainly nothing to complain about, and I really like your 'reportage' photos - especially admire the last one.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                          Sterkoder commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Storkaia is a narrower place, with a high fence and a sea canal between the road quay and the ship quay. A much more controllable area to put it that way.

Moon is closer to Earth than normal tonight, and 14% brighter, so from my home around midnight...., it looks like this

Comment

Went out with my Pentax again yesterday. The pictures content a bridge, some old seahouses/warehouses, an old abandoned farm, an old school and a car.
                          After a minute of thinking things through..., they all goes in here.

Starting with the old bridge connecting old Kristiansund and former independent community Frei (the two are one today, connected by a new bridge).
                          This is Omsundet bridge from 1940, but she was not officially opened then, due to some certain Europeans knocking brutally on Kristiansunds door in the April/May days of that year.

Don't know if renovation is under way, or demolition, but it seems like the warehouse of Brunsviken Reperbane (old factory making fish nets and rope) is about to go...

Dalen farm is an old farm near the city swimming hall and sports arena at Atlanten.
                          This farm was built in the 1700's for the scottish businessman Walter Miln (hence the Milnbrygga in Vågen). he was a major factor in the city export of klippfish.
                          This farm was protected by the Directorate for Cultural Heritage in 2013...., and I really HOPE Nordmøre Museum can take care of the buildings, as my picture show a sad and major decline

At the main entrance

Comment

Behind the yellow main house, there is something they called the milkbuilding. It's very shaded from the sun so I suspect this was intended to be a cooled down building. It also has one and a half meters thick concrete/stone walls on the ground floor

A 'lekestue' (playground for kids on the farm)

The old barn

And as we see, the walls in the basement is not exactly thin here either. Salting and preservation of meat perhaps...? The room behind such walls can be very cooled down even on hot summer days

Comment

Working...
                            X