As seen from the south side of Innlandet coming out from the harbour

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Comment

Great images Svein,so with the fog,a spooky and mysterius atmosfhere
          best regards Thijs

Comment

Wow that was REALLY a ship-spotting day out!
            Seagull's Special Mentions go to:
            The funnel through the trees #1263/2, and the next irresistible viewpoint when a big ship passes Nordlandet church and the nearby houses.
            The fog silhouette #1264/3
            Reflections #1266/1
            I quite liked #1266/5's misty sun and foreground quay, but then I saw the compelling #1267/3 - a building looking ship-like in the mist, the composition with misty nothingness in the centre of the image. I like the next - Markussundet outlet - too.

Just don'’t ask me to pick only one!

Comment

Thanks folks!
              And for the first time ever, I use pictures as is direct from camera..., with the only editing of cropping and resize. Don't ask me what I did with the good old Pentax :-)

Yes C, it was really a 'night out', and the greatest part is that I had Vilde at my side all the way..., a fantastic experience of father/daughter-time. Funny to see how in eager she is when it comes to photography and finding motifs and stuff :-)

Comment

Fantastic Svein - what a great collection of images.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Wonderful report. One of my favourites is 1263/2 like Cecilia. But then 1263/4 which i want to name "oversized". 1264/4 i will call "new quarter in town". 1264/6 "nice invitation", 1266/5 "out of the fog", 1267/4 "will they meet the flying Dutchman" and 1268/3 "a promising day at the Norwegian coast". Great job, Svein!
                  Last edited by Ralf__; May 23rd, 2014, 09:50.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thank you Ralf!

Cecilia aked me not to make her pick one...., and I wouldn't. I've already picked it myself: 1267/4 ;-)

Comment

WAOW... the fog-ages (fog-images) are absolutely great!

Well done Sterkoder!
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

On page I don't know what, we have discussed the flying of the split Norwegian postal flag from the starboard railing of both BOUDICCA and BLACK WATCH.
                        I have asked what kind of flag postition this is, according to flag rules, and why the split flag is flown from there.
                        Don't know if anyone knew exactly...., but today, when looking at ALBATROS in Kristiansund..., I gave it all up. She was flying the Swedish flag...
                        Maybe it's so that they fly the flag from which country the captains underwear is made...? Jepp..., must be it

Dead and cold in Kristiansund on a Sunday afternoon

From Innlandet she looks like this between a 1920s crane and an old lamp post

I thought it was something about the colours

High alongside the Storkaia

It's a midsize to small ship, but she's all over

Comment

When I say all over, I mean it :-)

From the Pier

We had another nice boat in today too. I'm not sure what make and model it is, but I belive it's a Hansvik with a Mariner outboard (haha)

A Ferretti 80 named LANCELOT. Don't know who's visiting us this time, but a pair of nice high heeled shoes was placed neatly outside the door :-)

Comment

Quality Hotel Grand in the middle of Kristiansund.

Someone has changed the damaged ventilation cover over at Caroline Cinema. Thank you! :-)

'Oksehode' (Bulls head) is a gift from Norges Bank to the city in 1993. The head was made in bronze by Annasif Døhlen in 1984.
                            Norges Bank (National Bank) was located in the black stone building behind the head before the library moved in.

Flag and salute from the city cannons at the Bauta when ALBATROS sailed in

Beautiful view from Bjørnehaugen

SAS Boeing 737 on final to land at the airport, just a couple of minutes from touchdown flying in over Nordlandet
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; May 26th, 2014, 07:34.

Comment

very wel found Svein,al those bits and pieces of the ''albatros'' trought the city ''gaps''.
                              is there not 1 time a crew member near the gangway that you can call to come to you for askig about the flag?
                              wel all very nice that it is a mariner outboard engine,but howmuch HP where it's running on,petrol, diesel benzine,cole (stil in the steam weekend mode)?info info info
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

is there not 1 time a crew member near the gangway that you can call to come to you for askig about the flag?
                                Oh, we'll see about that. I can sence a rememberance of someone in here writeing something about it, but of course..., now I can't find it.
                                Next chanse to pull a crewmember aside will be 30.6. (Black Watch), 25.8. (Albatros again) and 21.11. (Boudicca) :-)

(Or I could simply write a mail to the ship bridge, but how nerdy would that be...?)

EDIT:
                                5 minutes of work gave me the info about ALBATROS' captain, who is a certain Swedish Mats Nelson. So that might be it then, they fly the flag of the country from which the ship captain orign.

Comment

Working...
                                X