No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful night shots. I enjoyed your evening walk!
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

A few pictures from the Pier today, Saturday 22nd March

Former NSSR vessel HAGBART WAAGE. Now a privately owned charter vessel

FUGRO DISCOVERY over by the harbour authorities office

HAGBART WAAGE and the stern of the sundbåt ANGVIK

The main street, Kaibakken

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

And what do you know..., look who's coming here! Sundbåten RAPP, loved by the hole city, is doing a comeback :-)
        We all know it's due to FRAMNÆS being on a rebuilding at the yard she was built, and ANGVIK is out due to technical malfunction, but it's great to see the nicest sundbåt doing the job to perfection anyway :-)

Comment

Norwegian Broadcasting Company channel 1 (NRK1) just aired a program called Sangen om Norge (Song about Norway) where NRK travel around in Norway to interview the people behind national known and loved songs.
          This Sunday the first 21 minutes of the program is about Kristiansund and Frode Alnæs' song Æ Veit Mæ Et Sted (I know of a place).....

LINK:
          http://tv.nrk.no/program/dmpf71710213/sanger-om-norge

Comment

Even though Kristiansund is a coastal city..., the sunset we had here this afternoon, and yesterday, could remind us about the sun setting over the north american prerie (or at least that was what I was told by a good Canadian friend today). All images taken from the Sørsundet bridge, eastward and westward.
            Nothing much to say about the following 9 pictures, other than enjoy :-)

Nordlandet to the east with the famous Hollywood-ish sign

Thon Hotel in front, Nordlandet with the 50 year old church and Kvernberget hill in the middle and the mountains on island Tustna east of the city in the background

Workboat FRØYSUND coming in from west

FRØYSUND passing under the bridge

Before continuing into the harbour

Comment

And westward the sunset looks like this...

Stavnes lighthouse in the sunset

Have a nice week-end! :-)

Comment

Saturday 29. March 2014

Comment

• Tommi
                  Tommi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's just marvelous, such a weather you have had during the past days.
                  Love the sunset in the #1240-post too.

As you all know, in Kristiansund we have the sundbåt. Here's RAPP from 1956..., standing in for ANGVIK which is out with a serious gear problem

A steady hand on the wheel and throttle

Cosy down by the guest quays

Comment

Great new collection Sterkoder. Love in particular those of post 1240 and 1241. The mood of the images is so great and I can easily sense the moment.

With this thread, there is no doubt in my mind that you are a man who certainly loves your city by the sea!
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                    Sterkoder commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks!
                    It's difficult to promote my city by images and a little text so that the right people (potential tourists) get aware.
                    I post and write in CVF (I don't know who beside the hard core members are in here), Facebook (it says 'Official' and has a globe sign attatched, but I suspect only friends and members can see) and I use knhavn.no...., the official website of Kristiansund Harbour Authority where I'm the editor of their picture gallery).
                    Do I do the right thing, should I post more of something and less of other things, should I use more landscape and panorama images or should I show the city in more details....??? Does any one go to Kristiansund or this region based on my PR or what? It would be great one day to get feedback on many such things :-)

I do understand your questions very well, Sterkoder.

Reaching out to the right crowd will always be hard. It's the same thing with CVF, there is only a small active members base but there are (according to statistics) a LOT of readers, and we do well (or have done well) in google searches when posts are given popular TAG's (those are extremely important to be picked up I have come to learn). You never know, but as you say, a confirmation on posts, images and texts are always making it a whole lot more interesting and fulfilling. The worst thing is posting something, and nobody even seems to notice.

BTW, on another hand, I'm sure you have seen that the old sundbåten is about to get demolished as well?

http://www.tk.no/nyheter/article7220594.ece
                  With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A couple of quick pictures from Kristiansund Saturday afternoon, as BIOSTAR is moored alongside the quay at former Sterkoder west yard and ROY KRISTIAN is sailing out via Nordsundet outlet towards I don't know where...

ROY KRISTIAN framed by Nordsundet bridge

Comment

In search of anything better to do, I pulled out my Pentax again Friday and went to the area around the Pier and Nordsundet inlet.
                      From the Pier, OCEAN OBSERVER is seen moored during Easter

Down on one of the pontoon quays just south of the Pier, looking towards Nordlandet

From that same spot, guard vessel KAROLINE can be seen with Innlandet in the background

KAROLINE is a boat made with a rivet hull in Glasgow in 1950.

Nice reflections in a fully operational riveted hull is something rearely seen these days

Innlandet in the background with Barcarole Tapas Restaurant

Comment

View towards the Pier and City Hall

A few boats moored

KAROLINE with Thon Hotel in the background

From Brasserie restaurant towards the Pier

How a seagull would see the world (not our Seagull, but a seagull :-) )

In Norway we have an expression that goes like this: 'styggpen', whish directly can be translated 'uglypretty'. It's so ugly it crosses a line towards being pretty (and a very nice photo motif), this old boat in Vågen

Comment

From the spot I took the picture of that 'styggpen' boat in the last post, I pointed my Pentax vertical to take a picture straight down. This is the result...

A few meters from the spot was a corck with a line to the bottom of the sea, anchoring it. Used as a mooring point for a boat, in earlier days I suppose...

On my way home, I made a stop at Nordlandet to take a few pictures west towards Sterkoder yard. Here was car ferry SVANØY moored, waiting for a GO!-signal to operate as the third ferry across Halsafjorden. (Before such a signal is given, money from the road authorities and state, she will be moored at this spot)

Someone decorated the old bridge head. The majority of the public see only distruction and vandalism...., photographers see lines, form and colours :-)

Comment

Finally..., Nordsundet bridge seen from east side, a rear angle in photographies (at least from me). Hope you all enjoyed :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X