No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, you used the weekend and had been out in the fresh air. I was too lazy and stayed on the couch, while weather was quite rainy and temperatures not comfortable enough to stick the nose out in the air. Such a nice excursion like yours lets me hope for nicer days soon... -- ... and congratulations for your engagement as official K'sund harbour photographer. They asked the right man!
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I think I might need to hire you for a private walk guided tour of that place, Mr. S.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Any time...! :-)
        But remember, it also depends a little bit on nature itself. It can be rather dull on a flat lighted gray and maybe wet day.
        There's one member here who I had the honor of bringing on the Grand Guided Tour, and I have reason to belive she was happy about it.
        I know I was.
        (Hmmm...., maybe I should invest in a van and start the Sterkoder Guided Photography Tour de Kristiansund during summertime? I already got the busdrivers certificate so...)

• Seagull
        Seagull commented
        Editing a comment
        The Sterkoder Grand Guided Photography Tour comes highly recommended!

We had a most beautiful sunset here in Kristiansund again tonight...., it's so breathtaking one can get religious.... (But first, damn that lightpole! )

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

It's not made ready yet, but take a look inside the following link in the coming hours, and look for TKTV 17. February.
        Then look into the programme and the last article in the video from 1992. Then you'll see video from a helicopter of the two cruiseships visiting, where our captain was on board one of them.

Comment

Disney in KRS next month: http://kortreist.smp.no/forside/article22347.ece
          I'm sure Sterkoder will show them a good time.

Comment

• Sterkoder
            Sterkoder commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, I didn't know about this and the big Travel Conference in Kristiansund 20.-21. March. Unfortunately, it seems like I might be attending the historic birth of a workers union forum for Møre and Romsdal in Åndalsnes those two days...., so....., I guess the Disney guys must find their way around Kristiansund themselves :-)
            But if they ever find their way into CVF and the 'This is Kristiansund', they might find that a very useful guide of course...

Initially, in the thread about cruiseships in Norwegian waters 2014, I said I did not have time to photograph the BOUDICCA. Finally I managed to picture her later in the afternoon..., but little did I know that I would have some kind of a front seat view of her departure, as she was just enough delayed..., and I was on board NORDKAPP heading Florø.

First an image from the hurtigrute quay

Then BOUDICCA departed about 10 minutes prior to the hurtigrute

British Midland depart for Aberdeen, BOUDICCA for Bergen and sundbåten ANGVIK for Marokko (Nordlandet)

We like it when there's activity in our harbour

Comment

Sundbåt ANGVIK say good bye to the cruiseship

BOUDICCA sailed out Markussundet outlet and set course Bergen

Vågen

Klippfish museum - Milnbrygga

The Pier and Kaibakken. City Hall to the right, ex. Onkel & Vennene Hans cafe now Havnekontoret (harbour office) to the left (green building)

Sundbåt ANGVIK close to the hurtigrute stern

Comment

We say goodbye to Kristiansund for now

Comment

Great new vantage points from the departing Hurtigrute.... love the new and different angle "up the Kaibakken" and the unusual angle of the Angvik.

In the last image, it almost appears as if the Hurtigruten-ship is so large that it could not have passed under that tiny bridge.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thought I'd take my camera and go into town for some night shots tonight. My daughter asked if she could come along, and off we went. Parked by Rica Hotel west on Storkaia near Sørsundet, and walked our way towards the Pier and the sundbåt dock.

TROMS ARCTURUS alongside Storkaia. Thon Hotel in the background

As we walked down the quay, we had to pass ISLAND WELLSERVER

ISLAND WELLSERVERs lifeboats, starboard side

The wall of the old dairy we once had here

A very popular bar and restaurant by the seaside, Bryggekanten Brasserie & Bache Bar

The guy owning that sailboat is resting for a few days from his circumnavigation of the globe

Comment

These old tracks are memories from the old days when cranes on railway wheels runned up and down the quay to load and unload boats

The Pier. (The series of blue lights on the Nordsundet bridge in the background, is a police car)

Sundbåten Syver, a childrens figure from a theater/play and series of books

Sildegutten statue

Klippfiskkjerringa statue

The view from the Pier towards the restaurand mentioned earlier

Comment

Peace and quiet along the Vågekaia

The old dairy wall again, today a part of the AMFI Storkaia Brygge shopping mall

Over by the harbour authorities office, some maritime historical items were on display. Old mooring buoys, an anchor and a propeller

The propeller from the old steamtrawler BORGENES, now finally broken up

Hope you all enjoyed our short walk here in Kristiansund. Have a good night! :-)

Comment

Just a quick "like these" from me across the world ...heading for breakfast. Couldn't resist Sundbåten Syver :-)

Comment

Thanks for commenting, and enjoy your breakfast. I'm going to bed..., should've done so an hour ago...
                          I know you're out travelling, but haven't been nice enough to make any comments and say safe trip and so on. I'm looking into the postings every now and then. Be asured :-)

Comment

As for that Syver, Cecilia..., I might have made it better if I had bent down on my knees. Might have been able to make more 'contact' with Syver then. But it was too much "noice" in the background.

Comment

Working...
                            X