No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa, you're definitely constantly improving your shots!
    I simply love the contemporary feeling of melting snow in #1158/ 3 & 4 - that kind of images are seldom seen as they seem to be too trivial, but they are in fact a big part of the every day life we all are experiencing. Lot's of other good shots too, particularly of the hotel and Finnmarken.
    Funny, your camera sets auto values approximately as I probably would have set manual values - look in the exif and learn:
    High ISO (>1600), big aperture (<3,5) and not too long times (<0,1 s).

(so, now I'll be too tired tomorrow morning again... :-) )

Comment

Thanks, I'm flattered :-)
      Never walked around in the streets with the tri-pod fully opened with camera mounted before. I stopped and took a picture wherever I felt like, be it in the middle of the street or what.
      It was real fun! (And in the darkness, some cardrivers thought I was a police with a laser speed measurer hahahaha).
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Wow Sterkoder. That was some of the most beautiful nightshots I have ever seen from your city. And it certanly was a nice afternoon inviting to take photos. I see I have a lot to learn about mightshooting. My favourite is #1159 / 3. Finnmarken transformed into a modern art-sculpture. Or a colotful water-fontaine ot something like that. Anf thanks for our THREE minutes at the pier. Two days on board looking forward to see you. And HUrtigruten offered us THREE long minutes. I wish I had at least one hour or two, to learn something about night-photographing of you. I travel without a tripod. So my photos is freehand-shooting. Or I use the rail on the ship. With a lot of vibrations and waves...... Thanks again for beautiful Kristiansunf-photos, and indeed great 3 minutes.

Comment

As strange as it might sound, I never thought of deleteing #1159/3. I saw "something" in it...
          Yes, and thanks again for those three minutes.
          If we hadn't agreed to meet Tuesday, or the ship being delayed, I would never have taken these nightshots. Life is a long line of contingencies :-)

Comment

I was thinking these are the best night photos you have ever taken Svein (didn't have the opportunity here earlier to tell you that). I leave it to the real photographers to discuss the camera settings and so forth anyway. I just want to indulge in the atmosphere of the winter city …and indeed already for FAR longer than the southbound passengers had the opportunity of doing so. At least this portfolio of photos is like a present to HurtigruteMartin that makes up for missing the time to meet and chat and take photos together. (...now I'm giggling at the concept of having one minute per year of catching up!!!!)

Your church is so beautifully lit and stands out nicely from across the water, balanced in your photo with the sign up on the hill and the colour of its reflections. But I take special delight in those scenes of "my" island Innlandet ...my part of town because I stayed at the Thon Hotel of course. The lagoon looks so exotic and magical and Nordsund’s yellow stripe like a band of gold. And then the big dream-boat arrived!

Comment

I so much agree with you Seagull. And Sterkoders words here made a little bit "proud" of giving him an excuse to Take this amazing nightshots. I didn`t really thought about that "One minute pr year" - statistic. But at least we got time to ONE. warm handshake, TWO big smiles and in all of a hurry switching camerasetting to AUTO for ONE flash-photo at the pier.

Comment

Haha....., Prince of Darkness! (Yes, I know Ozzy use a F-word in there, but there can be children reading) :-) Smiles and handshakes...., there are too few. A bit more around, and the World would've been an even better place for all.

Comment

I wish you more luck Northbound, when Jan-Martin returns to Bodoe. Have a good night drink at the coffee gang table and push up this shocking statistic to more friendly numbers!
                  And it will be another opportunity for such breathtaking winter night shots! What a great job. You should ask Thon hotel, if they want to have some of your pictures for their brochures.
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

When watching these nightshots I wonder why the Hurtigruten call is so short.

Comment

'yvneac':
                      The hurtigrute is just fresh out of a long halt in Trondheim, and if they are delayed out of there, they often use Kristiansund to get the timetable right again.
                      We only have 30 minutes in the first place, reduced some time back from 45 minutes. This is too bad. Shorten the stop in Trondheim and Molde, and give back the time lost to Kristiansund.

Ralf:
                      I have a friend (photographer) working for me towards Thon. Don't know if he get lucky, but if they buy, my images are worth a minimum of NOK 2.500,- apiece if used in a brochure.

Comment

Great new photographs, and yes, you are getting better and better each time!

The first image of the Thon hotel in the blue hour is perfect - very nicely exposed.

Love the snow covered propeller on the previous page as well. It works.

In relation to the blurredness of the ships on previous page, they probably moved a tiny bit when alongside. This is naturally noticeable when using a great zoom, and their ropes may not be completely tight. There will always be a little bit of swell in the bay, and a little wind moving the ships. I know. After 4 months at sea, I even thinks the earth is still rocking. hehehe
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Guess who took the picture used on this years Christmas cards from the Kristiansund Harbour Authority...? Sorry, no gold medal for correct answers...

Comment

• Tommi
                            Tommi commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great news, and a photo that really deserves to be exposed.
                            You see, you're picking up quality really fast now!

• Seagull
                            Seagull commented
                            Editing a comment
                            C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

Thank you Tommi!
                          The thing is, it's no photoshop involved and the moon was just there in the east....., making the image magic :-)

Comment

Great photo Svein - well done!
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Congratulations, Svein. That is something to be very proud of.
                              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                              X