No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect time of day to be out taking photos – lovely blueness plus cosy lights.Vesterålen looks so inviting.

Comment

Thanks! The real reason I was out was that I drove my 'better half' to AGDENES, as she had to go to Trondheim :-)
      And, what I discover now....; the images are crystal clear and brightly sharp in my album, but not so when loaded up to the thread. Don't know why.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Quite often i think abou the next trip to Norway, when and how and such things. And the images in my mind show so often Kristiansund, and now even more. Just sit and see the ships move!!!
        Thank you for posting.
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

KOM Trainee has made a music video to celebrate their (our) love for Kristiansund. Take a look and love our city together with us :-)
          (Explaining Norwegian text on the heart signs: KULING=force gale wind, MÅSAN=seagulls, BAUTAN=place name where the city salute cannons are, FISHAN=fish-and-chips. Just ask if you have any questions).

The designated page on FB is

http://www.facebook.com/ilovekristiansund

Comment

• yvneac
            yvneac commented
            Editing a comment
            No questions at all Svein.Just thank you for this Kristiansund kaleidoscope.

• Tommi
            Tommi commented
            Editing a comment
            Eeh,
            nice people
            nice ideas
            nice music
            nice weather
            nice editing
            nice feeling
            nice signs
            nice appeal
            nice cat
            nice kuling
            nice Town!

Great to see that they dare to make a positive "commercial" video without any sunshine at all, and I think it's really not needed - all the positiveness shines through just perfectly anyway.

Thank you!
          Remember, this is made by a gang of youth people in an organization called KOM Trainee, which goal is to bring more young people back to their home town...., young boys and girls who are finished with their studies and ready to take their first step into a new job. They (and we who live here) don't need bright sunshine to see that our city is a beautiful place.

Now, last time I was out to take pictures in darker conditions was when I sent my better half to Trondheim on the HSC in service with Kystexpressen.
          Today I sent her again, on board HSC LADEJARL, and I went over to Innlandet (Tahiti) to try out my tripod again.
          Mine are NOT as good as Tom McNikons night shots, but I try my best :-)

Harbour and city seen from Thon Hotel

The long white line to the right in this image, is HSC LADEJARL departing for Trondheim at 16:15 local time

VOLSTAD PRINCESS inner and STRIL BORG outer

Comment

• Tommi
            Tommi commented
            Editing a comment
            There seems to be some unsharpness due the movement of the ships.
            The last picture is taken with a exposure time of 30 seconds, which make the water look very nice but adds some blur to ships.
            Try to boost the ISO to get a shorter exposure time, experiment with 3-7 different ISO/exposure time combinations and review in the computer. That will give you some feeling about what times will work.

• Seagull
            Seagull commented
            Editing a comment
            I see what Tommi means, and I suppose for this kind of thing you should indeed experiment a bit and move away from your usual "get it right first time" approach. Still pretty impressive though Svein. As in I'd be pleased if I'd taken them

Comments noted.
          The first two images has more blur to them in CVF than they have on FB and in my albums.

Comment

• Tommi
            Tommi commented
            Editing a comment
            Just to clarify, they are not bad at all, I just found out some tips for improvement.

I know. I see the blur myself...., and I'm greatful for any tips. Want to try them out as soon as possible.
          But the main reason for tonights blur could very well be the gail wind, and me have to cover the tripod and camera as best as I could with my body.
          Not the perfect night for photography.
          I tried out something a member here told me: ISO 100, anti-vibration turned off, f8.0. But I seem to forget his tips of useing the A-setting on the wheel....

Comment

• Sigve
            Sigve commented
            Editing a comment
            The ISO 100 tip is dating from the old film era, and the early digital era when there was much noise at high ISO. But modern digtal cameras have developed. If you use 100 ISO, you will get a slow shutter speed and burn out the highlights. I think I would fell for taking this picture at ISO 1200 - 1600 and f/8. Have a look at the post "Problems with Photobucket" about sharpening the pictures before posting.

I like the video and as Tommi i like the fact that it shows no extrordinary weather. The country music style is always a goot transporter of be-at-home feelings.I like your pictures and i am much too limited in my photographic knowledge to give any advice. I just enjoyed!
          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks Ralf! For anyone who's on instagram, search for #ilovekristiansund to view instagram photos not only from my hands, but others who also love their city :-)

Comment

Dear Sterkoder,

Great new additions.... if you were a truck driver, I would have said "keep on trucking" but I think I go for "keep on taking pictures!"
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Oh thank you, Sir!
                You know, there has been many a good truck driver around; Elvis, Jack Nickolson and so on ;-)

Comment

and me,but i'm still around
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

How could I ever forget you Thijs..., THE truck driver among us today.... . Shame on me!

Anyway, today the young students in KOM Trainee had their kick-off of the Æ (heart) KRISTIANSUND (english: I love Kristiansund) campaign.
                    In the rain and force gail winds they had stands in the city, handing out different stickers with I (heart) and t-shirts and stuff...., and they also want people to post pictures of whatever has to do with Kristiansund on their homepage, FB-page and instagram ( #ilovekristiansund ).
                    As part of the campaign kick-off, they also had their slogan up on the Hollywood-ish sign you all know by now.
                    Two white lights on the Stormvarselet show forecast of force gail winds from west.

Comment

What to do on a Sunday evening, 1. December...., in cold northwestern winds and hail???
                      By a ticket to attend Georg Frierich Händels MESSIAH performed in Nordlandet church by Kristiansund Chamber Choire and Baroque orchestra. Solo performers were Sigrid V. Bøe (soprano), Rachael Lloyd (alt), Matthew Long (tenor) and James Birchall (bass).
                      When the 35 members choire and the 17 members large orchestra came to the HALLELUJA! sequence, my hair raised.....
                      I've heard MESSIAH on Spotify several times, but to hear it live...., wow!

A poor picture from my iPhone after the last tone had silenced

Comment

Very beautiful image, Svein, even if "a poor picture from my iPhone". I've sung the Messiah with a choir and that chorus certainly is hair-raising, with tingles down your spine, too. You just want to sing your heart out, so powerful is the experience.
                        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
                        X