No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see that you're mastering more and more things. I noticed the great perfect exposure of the tricky backlight images in post #1111.

Comment

Thank you for inspireing words :-)

Worked overtime tonight, and after work I drove to the city to picture ex. FØRDEFJORD, a car ferry from Fjord1 now named ADMIRAL BAY 3. (See the car ferry thread).
      Moored alongside Vågekaia was EPOS, a library boat celebrating 50 years this fall. In addition to being filled with books, the boat is also a cultural institution as many artists follow along aboard to entertain adults and children in rural areas of our coast and fjords. It sail on a schedule, so when a visitor borrow a book, it can be delivered back on the next visit three, four weeks later.
      Culture to the people that is :-)

Vågekaia

Across the harbour we see Innlandet with Freikollen (629) in the background
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Those are my favorite evening shots at the moment. I love the clarity and that you seem to have come so far in your photography - all I can say, is that you should never let your camera rest.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you J-O!!!
          Image #1117/3 seems blurry in the post, but I can assure you, it's a notch sharper on my pc.
          Note also that these images and the ones of ADMIRAL BAY 3 in the car ferry thread are taken without any tri- or monopod.
          I can promise you one thing: I will never rest my camera. It's always with me, and if I hadn't worked with Swire, I would've called myself 'photographer' and worked with photography 24/7 :-)

Glad you liked them though :-D

Comment

My dream as well - to some day live off photography around the world.

But my pictures are way off the standard of a true professional - I don't have any admirers, I don't have a great following and nobody comes to me for picture advice. So it will remain a dream - and dreaming is so good.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

You said: "But my pictures are way off the standard of a true professional "

I say: Not true! Have you ever clicked into for example Magnum Photos to watch the worlds biggest names in photography to see what they produce?? The most important is motif, not technical perfection.

You said: "I don't have any admirers, I don't have a great following and nobody comes to me for picture advice."

I say: WHAT...!!!????!!??!?? You have admirers of your pictures, to suggest anything else is bull... And if you've ever doubted; be sure, there are followers out there. About your last statement..., I don't know what to say. Well, take me personally, I might not have asked you specifically about a photography problem or technique, but as I've said in a few earlier posts you have been like a mentor to me in the way that I tried to follow your lead on how to see motifs, how to use my camera, how to be a photographer. Without you knowing it, YOU have teached me alot in photography!

So raise your back, keep your head held high and be proud..., you are among the top notch when it comes to take beautiful pictures. Never doubt that!!

Many of your images are nothing less than spectacular, and would do nicely framed in a small exhibition.
              You should find someone who can split the cost of printing and framing, and ask a cafe in Trondheim if they want to have your pictures exhibited for sale.
              (A woman who went in my class at school for a decade did just that with her drawings of her dog, when she got to have her drawings on the walls at the ShoeArt here in Kristiansund. It's a store selling shoes to both men and women, and at the same time let art and photography be a big part of the store. They even have a photography competition now to promote Kristiansund and how to get the city to grow both in business and culture. Open to photographers between 25 to 35, so there I lost.... You can see the location of ShoeArt Shoes and Gallery in the picture of the library boat EPOS above here, as they are behind the large bowed window in the yellow building in front of the EPOS wheelhouse ).

ShoeArt is on Facebook:
              ShoeArt, Kristiansund, Norway. 1025 liker · 42 snakker om dette. ShoeArt er en unik konseptbutikk for lidenskapelige sko og kunstelskere!

Comment

You are just too kind Sterkoder. Thank you so very much for those kind and friendly words - now you make ME blush! (hehe)

I'm in a serious drought these past days.... can't seem to see the..... ehhh... how do you say it... forest for the trees (?)

Sometimes I get to the point where I think: seen that before, taken a picture of that before.... that is a terrible slump to fall into.

It'll get better - next month I return to Thailand, and that is a different ball game. LOL

Comment

Oh pakarang ....how many times do I have to tell you how much I admire your creative work and just how professional and inspiring your photography is. Not to mention all those "exhibition collections" I am always selecting, and seeing photos from long ago suddenly more meaningful in a new context. ...and who got me to follow you in taking a photo a day for an entire 2 years.
                  No doubts. You're right up there with the best.

Comment

Read in the Sunnmøre-thread in here that a new pub with a maritime touch has been opened in Ålesund.
                    Also in Kristiansund a pub/night club has been opened this week...., also with a maritime touch, at least on one of the walls. The name is Club Diamond and is in Hotel Fosna in Hauggata
                    Here's an image of the interior and owner. Photo via local newspaper Tidens Krav

Comment

About post #1124: disregard. Why can't I delete my own posts, and when I added a link I want to remove, why can't I do that? When I click SAVE after editing, I get an error message to add a valid link. I think the new house of CVF is unnecessary difficult. Anyway; here's the picture I tried to add in the post above (could anyone please delete #1124?? )

Read in the Sunnmøre-thread in here that a new pub with a maritime touch has been opened in Ålesund.
                      Also in Kristiansund a pub/night club has been opened this week...., also with a maritime touch, at least on one of the walls. The name is Club Diamond and is in Hotel Fosna in Hauggata
                      Here's an image of the interior and owner. Photo via local newspaper Tidens Krav

Well, after taking the extra work of going via my albums to the bucket and then to CVF...., HERE's the picture
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; November 9th, 2013, 18:29.

Comment

From my last post in this thread, did you know that the Master of THE WORLD lives in Kristiansund and was born here? His wife is the owner of the Thai restaurant in Kristiansund :-)

Now, let me post a few pictures taken in Kristiansund a couple of weeks ago, around the time of hurtigruten southbound arrival and HSC Kystekspressen departure to Trondheim.

Harbour seen from Israelsneset at Gomalandet towards south-west

WILSON GDYNIA moored by the harbour authorities building

Then she left, to give way to VESTERÅLEN, the southbound hurtigrute

Comment

Why VESTERÅLEN couldn't dock at her usual quay? Well, there the space were taken by the replacement of the old coastal cargo vessel S.C. ABERDEEN..., the new SEA CARGO EXPRESS

After SEA CARGO EXPRESS left, VESTERÅLEN was left 'alone' over at Devoldholmen area

Sundbåt ANGVIK was operating this evening, and with my mono-pod, I tried out some panning..., barely

Comment

The time passed 16:30, and the Kystekspressen HSC to Trondheim had to make its departure. Standin for MØREJARL this evening was AGDENES

AGDENES and ANGVIK met on the harbour

Comment

Hey, not too bad panning pictures at all. It's hard to pan so slow as the ships move!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                                Hey, not too bad panning pictures at all. It's hard to pan so slow as the ships move!
                                Thanks Tommi..., yes, I guess that sundbåt there was doing 5 knots, maybe 6. Speed limit in harbour is 5 though, so... :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X