X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walked around in the city today, and in the park, I met a guy on a bench

​​​​​​SSL26923 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26920 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

He might have had a hard night last night (haha)
    ​​​​​​SSL26921 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Then they put a nice sharp color on a grey dull colored houseSSL26925 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Did you console him and offer him a ride home - he looks a little lost, and kind of sad.

That contrast painting really looks great - all grey, that building would be extremely plain and dull.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I belive he found his own way home, that guy. He's gone now

Most of my pictures posted in this thread are from the city "part" of Kristiansund, but if we drive 8 minutes east and explore the eastern part of the municipality, we see a more rural part of the city
        Here are a resting place (one of four) on the walkway to the landinglights of the airport. It's in Gløsvågen, if someone want to Google Map it.

As we see, the municipality build to specs, as this one is for the short legged with long upper body

SSL27088 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A small cottage along the way
        SSL27092 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And let me just finish it off with details of a inspection hatch/manhole cover (kumlokk) I found between the landing lights
        SSL27087 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

The landscape in and around your city, is the kind of landscape I find the most appealing. Coastal-landscape... each time I see images from around the downtown area, and from Brunsvika /Havgapet, I long for the days I lived in this city myself. Those were wonderful days with a lot of time outdoors - we didn't sit inside with our faces in a mobile device back then.

PS: That last image - do you know what it first reminded me of?

One of those Chinese moon-cakes. Don't you agree, ombugge?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A few evening shots from Vågen and Mellemverftet yard

​​​​​​IMGP0307 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0311 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0313 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

RS46 Thomas Fearnley built in 1938.
            IMGP0314 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0317 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0319 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0318 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0321 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• Seagull
              Seagull commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in a hurry, so just a quick favourite It's the last image. Colourful lightness v gloomy darkness ...all brought together by the most important and striking element - the shadows of the bars on the floor.

• Sterkoder
              Sterkoder commented
              Editing a comment
              That 's what caught my attention too ;-) Thanks :-)

• Tommi
              Tommi commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice colors!
              Colors tends to often be a problem when it comes to low-light shooting, but these looks warm and vibrant!

This collection is stunning. I guess tripod, right?

The shadows, the lack of grains, the fact that white actually looks white, composition.... these are really good works, Sir Sterkoder!

Favourites...? Actually, if I had to chose one, I think the "Kontor"-door is the most appealing one.... really cool! Also the shadows in the last image draws me in.

Well done!

Comment

Thank you for those nice words.
              Yes, tripod plus mirror up function in the camera and remote control for the shutter.
              These are the first few night shots from my new K-1 II, which I originally took out to try out the Astrotracer-function.
              This makes the picture chip follow the earth rotation so that the stars appear like dots and not lines, but what do you know..., I forgot to turn on the GPS.
              Guess there will be more opportunities to test that out later in the winter.
              The fact that I didn't managed to take a good picture of the stars, led me to drive further on and so I ended up at Mellemværftet yard.

Comment

• Tommi
                Tommi commented
                Editing a comment
                Just one thing struck me, I don't think that I've used mirror-lock up during the previous 5-6 years...
                Live view and remote is usually good enough.

Very promising.... not only the camera, but especially the photographer. Really great work!!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, Ralf.
                I drove over there prepared to drive back home without taking a single picture. I was not in the mood, I was not even close to being in a bubble og photography.
                There was no motifs to be found.
                Then I walked as far out on the quay as I could without falling into the sea, and then the first motif appeared (white sailboat with distant sailboat masts).
                When I first took one picture, there was another..., and the rest is history, as they say :-)

Brilliant- and as Ralf states: very promising! This will be fun to see evolve further.

Comment

A grey day in Kristiansund today. Had to bring my Pentax along anyway, and todays trip went from Flatøy (if you Google) to Sjursvika at Innlandet.You can't drive any longer on the islands of Kristiansund, without driving via the mainland Norway.

The sundbåt company is 142 years today, the oldest public transport company in the world, in continuous operation. And the old classic sundbåt RAPP is 60 years today. Congratulation!!!
                Sundbåt ferry ANGVIK with the Port Authority office in the background
                IMGP0474 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

RAPP is 60 years, and today the boat was chartered by a just married couple and their guests
                ​​​​​​IMGP0467 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A new restaurant open in Kristiansund, in the middle of Vågen. The name and place are Kranaskjæret Restaurant & Catering
                ​​​​​​IMGP0460 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Old sailboat SOLØY II on the Mellemverftet yard slipway
                ​​​​​​IMGP0457 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Detail of SOLØY II
                ​​​​​​IMGP0465 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View from the deck of Kranaskjæret Restaurant towards the inner part of Vågen
                ​​​​​​IMGP0458 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

OCEAN PRIDE moored over at Kirkelandet, as seen from Thon Hotel Innlandet
                ​​​​​​IMGP0470 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the quay over at Thon Hotel Innlandet, I had to try out my new 450mm lense.
                ​​​​​​IMGP0472 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Since island Frei (where I live) has been a part of Kristiansund since 1. January 2008, I find this thread ok to post a few pictures from around my home place, at least on the same island

A couple of boat houses near Flatsetøy
                  IMGP0443 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

An old warehouse rebuilt as a holiday house
                  IMGP0445 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A couple of boat houses near Kystvågen in Møst, along the road to Blomneset
                  IMGP0449 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A local fisherman and his boats
                  ​​​​​​IMGP0450 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Kystvågen Slip & Mek. AS, a local ship- and boat repair yard
                  IMGP0446 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

In black and white, as seen from Flatøy, we see the Skretting fishfarm food factory in Kristvika on Averøy
                  ​​​​​​IMGP0452 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

On island Amundøy, Kristiansund Tugboat Service has its main base
                  ​​​​​​IMGP0453 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Møst
                  ​​​​​​IMGP0456 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

This evening we have the thickest fog I've seen for many years here in Kristiansund. Drove into the city, but couldn't go faster than about 40 km/h because of a forward view of about 30-50 meters.
                    Anyway, here are a few pictures from a city in fog.

The new restaurant in Vågen
                    ​​​​​​IMGP0479 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Pleasure craft harbor in Vågen, or at least a part of it
                    ​​​​​​IMGP0481 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0482 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The floating dock of the yacht club
                    ​​​​​​IMGP0484 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A picture taken from the path between Vågen and Kranaveien road
                    ​​​​​​IMGP0486 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A drum roller parked near the airport
                    IMGP0498 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A model 1960 Volvo PV
                    IMGP0499 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Auto 8-8 started out as Sigv. Halaas AS and a Ford dealer. Today they also sell Nissan and Hyundai
                    ​​​​​​IMGP0500 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• ombugge
                      ombugge commented
                      Editing a comment
                      New camera arrived I believe??

• Sterkoder
                      Sterkoder commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, new camera.
                      Much is the same on K-1 II as on the K-5 II, but there are still a few things to get used to.
                      As the tutors I use say; there's only one thing in photography, if one want to be better, it's practice, practice, practice :-)

Just to continue my fog photography series, here are some from this Sunday walking along Freistranda beachside and a short trip to the old Omsundet bridge

​​​​​​IMGP0511 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0509 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0512 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0520 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Flatsetsundet pleasure craft harbour
                    ​​​​​​IMGP0522 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0524 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Omsundet bridge, the old one built in 1939-40
                    ​​​​​​IMGP0529 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0535 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

So many truly beautiful shots the past couple of days. The fog certainly gives an extra beautiful edge to the image.

We had a the fog up here too - last night on a round-trip tour to and from Lysøysund, the fog was so thick in parts I had to stop the car and wait for it to lift slightly. I could not see the road in front of me at all!

I haven't seen it that thick for MANY years!

I might be wrong, but is that Kranaskjæret Restaurant & Catering located on that abandoned piece of land (island?) in the sound almost beneath of the bridges?

Comment

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks, yes, I had great pleasure of doing photography in the fog.
                        No, Kranaskjæret is on top of the small Kranaskjæret in Vågen, almost in a straight line out from the slipway at Kristiansund mek. (Red circle on the map there)Skjermbilde 2018-11-18 kl. 18.29.14 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

• pakarang
                        pakarang commented
                        Editing a comment
                        OH... OK.... I was thinking about that small "island" under the bridge from Nordlandet to Gomalandet...

From what I can remember, there was some old building situated on that island in the past?

• Sterkoder
                        Sterkoder commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The old building on the small island between Nordlandet and Gomalandet is going to be demolished..., as it has should been for the past 30-40 years, I guess.
                        The inside can be seen in the forum 'Photo Assignments' and the thread Abandoned places, post #460/2-10 ;-)

After 6 visits to Kristiansund on Lofoten, I remember this town seemed to have a special "feeling" about it. Can't explain it in material terms. Gracious is one way of trying....

Comment

Working...
                      X