No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhh.... summer in Baillsund - nothing beats THAT feeling near to the ocean and in shelter between those islands.

I'm so pleased to see that the refurbished music-pavilion has not yet been a target for taggers! YAY!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Dear Big S!
      Yes that echoes a very nice and appreciated sentiment at the start of #1587 (which has also given me a tiny idea for future maybe). For now, I just want to say I love these latest long-lunch-break impressions and cityscapes. Fortunately for busy inarticulate me, Tommi and pakarang have already read my thoughts and shared them in comments. So I just need to add some additional jottings.
      #1599/3 ...Big S forever
      #1588/4 ...boat to Grip where I still have'’t been (and Ralf has now beaten me there!)
      #1588/5 ...coloured squares, colours for buildings

Plus ...I have a favourite! It’s #1589/4. The herring boy's point of view. That really fires my imagination - maybe he takes a walk into the square when we're not looking. Pakaring pleased me with something similar in Trondheim a while ago when The Last Viking seemed to be considering a stroll from Ravnkloa along Munkegata.

Comment

• pakarang
        pakarang commented
        Editing a comment
        PS: I've been to GRIP too, before you Lady C, with that very boat!

Thought I just had to mention it. LOOOOL

• Seagull
        Seagull commented
        Editing a comment
        awww such an adorably sweet comment! Of course you've been to Grip!
        ...and of course there's a seagull with the memory of an elephant who remembered that and specially liked some photos which made her want to go there someday.

PS It was on your 2014 Summer Escape
        Thought I just had to mention it. LOOOOL

• Ralf__
        Ralf__ commented
        Editing a comment
        ...and i have not! We talked about that, but decided to spend that sum of money for something else and i guess, Svein was a little bit disappointed about that, i think he was looking for a reason to go there again and as a guide that would have been a good opportunity. As soon as we will have uploaded our pictures on the computer, we will anyway add a few pictures of that famous ship Hagbart Waage, which just came back, when we left K'sund aboard Finnmarken. Such a delightful walk - and yes i remember all places! We have been everywhere in K'sund, except on Grip!

P&O Cruises visited Kristiansund today with their ARCADIA. I took a walk around in the city in heavy rain with my weather-sealed Pentax, and here we go
      ​​​​​​SSL26871 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26873 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26877 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26882 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A guy opened up a taco caravan at the city square.
      ​​​​​​SSL26868 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Each summer we have a theatre here for kids about the sundbåt Syver and his friend Beatrice, the city bus. When the theatre is playing, Syver is sundbåt RAPP and they paint up a small city bus in pink.
      The play has resulted in a handful of childrens books over the years. Syver is in for repairs, that's why he's not in the picture.
      ​​​​​​SSL26878 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Kristiansund has always been known as the polychrome city, as houses were painted in many different colors. In modern time, the last 10 years, it seems like all want to paint their houses in any kind of grey.
      Many think that is rather dull, and the municipality dept. for houses and buildings went out to find out what colors houses in Kristiansund had before they turned grey.
      The colors they found is presented on this large board, and it is ment as a suggestion to what colors house owners can choose, if they want to.
      SSL26870 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

ARCADIA stands tall among the houses
      ​​​​​​SSL26886 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Kristiansund became one of my favourite Norwegian towns after I spent time examining its tidy streets, its colours and the fact that the locals wandered down to the gates at the wharf and talked with us as we waited for Lofoten to sail. I will never forget "the town on the ancient rock" which burped itself up from the Atlantic seabed (at some stage....)

Comment

Nice collection on images both from the city, and the Arcadia as well. The ship came to Trondheim yesterday, but I only got a few shots from Tresfjord!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Walked around in the city today, and in the park, I met a guy on a bench

​​​​​​SSL26923 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26920 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

He might have had a hard night last night (haha)
            ​​​​​​SSL26921 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Then they put a nice sharp color on a grey dull colored houseSSL26925 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Did you console him and offer him a ride home - he looks a little lost, and kind of sad.

That contrast painting really looks great - all grey, that building would be extremely plain and dull.

Comment

I belive he found his own way home, that guy. He's gone now

Most of my pictures posted in this thread are from the city "part" of Kristiansund, but if we drive 8 minutes east and explore the eastern part of the municipality, we see a more rural part of the city
                Here are a resting place (one of four) on the walkway to the landinglights of the airport. It's in Gløsvågen, if someone want to Google Map it.

As we see, the municipality build to specs, as this one is for the short legged with long upper body

SSL27088 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A small cottage along the way
                SSL27092 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And let me just finish it off with details of a inspection hatch/manhole cover (kumlokk) I found between the landing lights
                SSL27087 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

The landscape in and around your city, is the kind of landscape I find the most appealing. Coastal-landscape... each time I see images from around the downtown area, and from Brunsvika /Havgapet, I long for the days I lived in this city myself. Those were wonderful days with a lot of time outdoors - we didn't sit inside with our faces in a mobile device back then.

PS: That last image - do you know what it first reminded me of?

One of those Chinese moon-cakes. Don't you agree, ombugge?

Comment

Working...
                  X