X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walked around in the city today, and in the park, I met a guy on a bench

​​​​​​SSL26923 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL26920 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

He might have had a hard night last night (haha)
    ​​​​​​SSL26921 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Then they put a nice sharp color on a grey dull colored houseSSL26925 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Did you console him and offer him a ride home - he looks a little lost, and kind of sad.

That contrast painting really looks great - all grey, that building would be extremely plain and dull.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I belive he found his own way home, that guy. He's gone now

Most of my pictures posted in this thread are from the city "part" of Kristiansund, but if we drive 8 minutes east and explore the eastern part of the municipality, we see a more rural part of the city
        Here are a resting place (one of four) on the walkway to the landinglights of the airport. It's in Gløsvågen, if someone want to Google Map it.

As we see, the municipality build to specs, as this one is for the short legged with long upper body

SSL27088 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A small cottage along the way
        SSL27092 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And let me just finish it off with details of a inspection hatch/manhole cover (kumlokk) I found between the landing lights
        SSL27087 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

The landscape in and around your city, is the kind of landscape I find the most appealing. Coastal-landscape... each time I see images from around the downtown area, and from Brunsvika /Havgapet, I long for the days I lived in this city myself. Those were wonderful days with a lot of time outdoors - we didn't sit inside with our faces in a mobile device back then.

PS: That last image - do you know what it first reminded me of?

One of those Chinese moon-cakes. Don't you agree, ombugge?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A few evening shots from Vågen and Mellemverftet yard

​​​​​​IMGP0307 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0311 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0313 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

RS46 Thomas Fearnley built in 1938.
            IMGP0314 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0317 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0319 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0318 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0321 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• Seagull
              Seagull commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in a hurry, so just a quick favourite It's the last image. Colourful lightness v gloomy darkness ...all brought together by the most important and striking element - the shadows of the bars on the floor.

• Sterkoder
              Sterkoder commented
              Editing a comment
              That 's what caught my attention too ;-) Thanks :-)

• Tommi
              Tommi commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice colors!
              Colors tends to often be a problem when it comes to low-light shooting, but these looks warm and vibrant!

This collection is stunning. I guess tripod, right?

The shadows, the lack of grains, the fact that white actually looks white, composition.... these are really good works, Sir Sterkoder!

Favourites...? Actually, if I had to chose one, I think the "Kontor"-door is the most appealing one.... really cool! Also the shadows in the last image draws me in.

Well done!

Comment

Thank you for those nice words.
              Yes, tripod plus mirror up function in the camera and remote control for the shutter.
              These are the first few night shots from my new K-1 II, which I originally took out to try out the Astrotracer-function.
              This makes the picture chip follow the earth rotation so that the stars appear like dots and not lines, but what do you know..., I forgot to turn on the GPS.
              Guess there will be more opportunities to test that out later in the winter.
              The fact that I didn't managed to take a good picture of the stars, led me to drive further on and so I ended up at Mellemværftet yard.

Comment

• Tommi
                Tommi commented
                Editing a comment
                Just one thing struck me, I don't think that I've used mirror-lock up during the previous 5-6 years...
                Live view and remote is usually good enough.

Very promising.... not only the camera, but especially the photographer. Really great work!!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, Ralf.
                I drove over there prepared to drive back home without taking a single picture. I was not in the mood, I was not even close to being in a bubble og photography.
                There was no motifs to be found.
                Then I walked as far out on the quay as I could without falling into the sea, and then the first motif appeared (white sailboat with distant sailboat masts).
                When I first took one picture, there was another..., and the rest is history, as they say :-)

Brilliant- and as Ralf states: very promising! This will be fun to see evolve further.

Comment

Working...
              X