No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 13th Nordic Light International Festival of Photography started in Kristiansund Wednesday.
    Big banners decorate the Sterkoder-building at the old Sterkoder ship yard, and when I say the Sterkoder letters are 6 by 8 meters, you all understand how big each banner is.
    They are illuminated during the dark hours.

​​​​​​SSL25133 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL25135 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Awesome!

As far as I can see, this festival runs until tomorrow, Sunday April 29th 2018??

Would have loved to join this excursion tomorrow: http://www.nle.no/blogg/2018/2/20/fe...d-photo-safari
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yes, 29th was the last day. Next year the festival will run 8.-12. May.

My daughter and I are very happy with this years festival and lectures, we met Master Photographer and artistic director of the festival, Morten Krogvold, several other photographers and the principal of Norsk Fotofagskole in Trondheim.
        My daughter had applied for the two year study to be a photographer there, and she had her interview with the principal Friday 27. April. She got the place, so now we're in search of a place to live for her in Trondheim, preferably near Ila.

Anyway, my daughter is also ending 13 years of school this autumn, and as such she is a "russ", as we call it in Norway. As a good father figure, I responded to her phone call to come and pick her up just now, and in doing that, I had to drive past the Sterkoder-building with the big banners. Just found out they are 11 x 11 meters.

Here are my two night photos of them
        ​​​​​​SSL25234 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​SSL25232 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

I especially like the second image, the illumination of the images is great. The first image is also great and shows a little of the atmosphere "on site".

Two images with two very different moods.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

What has happened since the last time I was in here???? Has Photobucket given up on getting the $500,- for third party use of images? All of mine are intact again.

Anyway, here are a few from this years constitution day, 17th May. My daughter has just finished 13 years of school, so she's a "russ" this year and I "had to" dress up and go to town to try and capture a few shots.

First, the small tanker, once a live stock carrier from Scotland. This is KYSTBUNKER, which originally did not have a bulb and she was shorter
            ​​​​​​SSL25260 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Fishfarm fishfood carrier EIDSVAAG VEGA flew her flags with KYSTBUNKER on the outside alongside Nordmørskaia and tug ABRAMIS alongside Vågekaia
            ​​​​​​SSL25304 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Handmade scooner IDEAL and SAR vessel ERIK BYE. Scooner IDEAL is soon to go to Oslo. She will leave on the last day of May and the plan is to get a complete set of sails in Oslo, before returning to Kristiansund again.
            ​​​​​​SSL25298 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A few years ago it was popular to have cars painted either blue or red among the "russ". This year it was only one. In Bærum near Oslo, students use almost a million on "russ" buses, only to use them for two weeks. In Kristiansund they used NOK 100,- on that car...
            ​​​​​​SSL25265 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And when you are done with 13 years in a row on school, you get to carry a road sign around... (My daughter almost smack in the middle there, with a grey sweater and a horsetail in her hear ;-)
            ​​​​​​SSL25271 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Crowded around the Pier
              ​​​​​​SSL25261 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

It's traditional for the "russ" President to make a speech from the City Hall balcony. The President of the "russ" is elected to hold his/her position from 1st May until midnight 17th May, and as he ended his speech today, he had an advice for the US President Trump: -"Do as I do tonight, resign!" (Good point..., good point)
              ​​​​​​SSL25288 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Father and daughter, or to put it in another way, old 'Sterkoder' and young Vilde, who's fortunate enough to have been accepted as a two-year student to become a photographer at the Norwegian School of Photography in Trondheim. (Need I say I'm proud?) :-)
              IMG_3235 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• Tommi
                Tommi commented
                Editing a comment
                It's always interesting with different traditions in different countries. Here in Sweden the students usually just does a lot of things. while in Finland it seems to be popular with party trips, and then we naturally have the Norwegian "russ" tradition.
                Would have been interesting to see some old picture of Mr. Ludvigsen from back of those days?! :-)

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, there are no pictures of me as a "russ" because I was none ;-)
                I have the required years in school, but one here and one there...., not recommended for the young ones of today.
                But I might find a picture of me as a pilot student in Florida back in 1987, that might be the closest I got :-)

At the time of my first 40 hours of flying in 1983
                sl1983 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

As a commercial pilot student at FlightSafety Academy in Vero Beach, Florida back in 1987

First, study
                Bilde (21) by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Then, relax
                Bilde (20) by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

• Tommi
                Tommi commented
                Editing a comment
                That's very much 80's nostalgia! Thank you for sharing! :-)

Oh, almost forgot the local fire brigade veteran group, as they provided one of the old firetrucks which actually served in Kristiansund way back
              ​​​​​​IMG_3237 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And the very beginning of the 17th May parade, where there are two policemen or women walking. This year we see there are two female police officers, then comes the scouts with the parade of flags
              ​​​​​​IMG_3238 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X