Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice details and great photos from a city I really love like my own city.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Very nice captions Sterkoder. I love all the details that the "hard" sunlight brings to these pictures.

Comment

Thank you, guys

Simple easter decoration at my favorite restaurant, the brazilian inspired Boteco Restaurant
        ​​​​​​SSL24937-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

New ways to see the Kirkelandet church
        ​​​​​​SSL24941-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Towards Langveien road
        ​​​​​​SSL24942-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Usually people take pictures as they walk up and down the sidewalk in Langveien. Today I took a walk on the west side of the church. (And don't ask me about that pink vertical stripe. Know nothing about it)
        SSL24943-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Up the west wall
        ​​​​​​SSL24946-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

View south from the west side. There even was a bench placed there
        ​​​​​​SSL24949-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The north wall, with the colored glass
        SSL24953-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Down Langveien road from across the street of the church
        SSL24956-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Nordsundet inlet as seen towards east. The city and harbour are behind my back here
          ​​​​​​SSL24957-1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Loved the light in last image of post 1563 - it has a wonderful charm to it.

Great seeing that you are trying to look at the "same things" from a new perspective. I know it's not easy, but your images proves that it's possible.
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank you, J-O.
              Yes I do try to look for different ways to make a photo in Kristiansund, but it's getting harder and harder.
              Anyway, my daughter managed to drag me out on yet another photo tour of the city, as her class will be photographing for the Nordic Light Intl. Photo Festival. Her project is the color red.
              Here are my pictures from this little tour of ours:

From left to right: TRANSFIGHTER on her way to Skogn, OCEAN ART and NORTH POMOR
              SSL25046 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Out on the ocean he sail, hoping for a good catch
              SSL25044 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sea houses for the local fishermen and boat owners. TRANSFIGHTER on the horizon
              SSL25030 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nope, we didn't go deep inland or down to the valleys on our tour. This is right in the middle of Kristiansund, near the Arena Nordvest (ice hall) and Dalen farm near Atlanten sports arens.
              This is two of the buildings owned by the Nordmøre museum.
              SSL25029 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

In the city, taken from Kaibakken towards Nedre Enggate. The KODAK-sign there (yello building) marks my favourite shop in town..., the photoshop (so to speak) Fotograf Engvig.
              SSL25026 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The new city room, the Town Hall square
              SSL25025 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The old tiny stairs by the Town Hall walls are now a part of history as this new wide iron one is just opened to the public
              SSL25023 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL25021 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

They have also opened up the square by removing parts of the concrete blocks filled with soil for trees and flowers
                SSL25020 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

New benches in rusted iron and wood
                SSL25018 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The old rescue vessel Hagbart Waage must be the one and only such vessel with a bulb. This bulb with a bow thruster was mounted just three weeks ago.
                This is the boat used to bring tourists and others to and from the island of Grip during the summer season.
                SSL25015 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I thought no one would dare to do harm to our old sundbaat icon RAPP, but someone did. After fixing the vandalism, cameras and warnings are placed around the vessel
                SSL25014 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

RAPP from 1958 is a beauty. Built in Kristiansund, she's taken good care of by a group of friends-of-the-vessel society.
                SSL25013 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

One of the two propellers on sundbaatferry FRAMNÆS
                SSL25012 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A couple of cormorants drying their wings
                SSL24998 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Does this mean parking prohibited for house owner only, or...?
                SSL24991 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

FRAMNÆS, just had to do this in b/w
                  SSL25010 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Details from Caroline cinema, the out side area. This area is undergoing a renewal, which means climbing apparatus for kids, among other things. The Caroline square between the cinema, library and Comfort Hotel Grand also has free WiFi all around (a thing to remember when visiting the city)
                  SSL24989 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Well, Flickr said that was the last image of the tour, so until next time..., take care, live life and be kind.

Comment

Thank you for this nice little walk. So many new views to me and that is everything else than repeating. So you are very successful in finding different ways to make photos. Thank you so much. Strange new steel stairs. I hope it is not getting too slippery, if wet or icy.
                    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Superb, Sterkoder! Actually one thing that impressed me a lot looking at so many of your recent images has been the 'blue sky days' which are not always a blessing photographically - I used to struggle with them during my '365 Skyscape years'!
                      While our Captain has been delighting me recently with the brilliantly white snow landscapes beneath such skies, you have been using the often-unforgiving expanse of blue to photograph buildings and highlight their architectural details. You already know which my 'favourites' are!
                      It is not often that you get similar weather from Kristiansund to Trondheim simultaneously with Edinburgh. I am stoically but gladly putting up with what the Scots call 'dreich' and dismal weather here so that you two can enjoy your photography so much - Yves too on his recent coastal voyage.

But Vilde's project is red, not blue, so I look forward to what she makes of that. Best wishes Vilde

The other comment on your photos Svein, although I've said it many times before, is your skill for feeling when b&w will work well. In the most recent posts it is particularly the nostalgia of Framnæs, and the 'then and now' of Mellemværftet in #1557.

Comment

Nice and good looking, thank you for sharing!

Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Always nice to read, and sometimes learn from and get inspired by.

Ordered a couple of shoes before easter, and they came today. Drove into town to pick them up, and what do you know...., the southbound hurtigrute arrived followed by a vessel from Sea-Cargo line.
                          My Pentax is never more than a reach away, so I drove over to Thon Hotel at Innlandet and the resulting images are following below

FINNMARKEN arriving via Sørsundet inlet. Thon Hotel to the left
                          SSL25052 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The hurtigrute is docking and in front of the Port Authorities is the orange VICTOR HENSEN. Never seen that before.
                          EDIT: Just found out that Victor Hensen is a multi purpose survey vessel operated by Jasmund Shipping GmbH. Built in 1975 by Schichau Unterweser AG in Bremerhafen.
                          SSL25058 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sundbaat ANGVIK enroute from Kirkelandet to Innlandet with Gomalandet in the background
                          SSL25060 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SEA-CARGO EXPRESS sailing under the Sørsundet bridge between Kirkelandet and Innlandet. She's in no hurry, because FINNMARKEN is occupying her dock
                          SSL25063 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SEA-CARGO EXPRESS, yard nr. 324 from the Mumbai based Bharati Shipyard Ltd, delivered 19. April 2012 and she's 117,38 meters long over all
                          SSL25066 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

SSL25073 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Just woke up and remembered I might (should) have posted in a ship thread..., but for this time only, I let them appear here
                          SSL25076 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; April 5th, 2018, 08:23.

Comment

• nari
                            nari commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Great photos, Svein. I recall a time during a stop at Kristiansund off the Lofoten. People came off the street behind to have a talk with us on the wharf to share thoughts on various things. That had never occurred before, so it was rather special. I will never forget those plutonic? walls of rock that seem to rule the city and houses, perched wherever it was possible.

" I will never forget those plutonic? walls of rock that seem to rule the city and houses, perched wherever it was possible."

Can't say I quite understand, as I have never (I belive?) seen a plutonic wall of rock, perched wherever it is possible in Kristiansund. Maybe it's because I'm blinded by living here for over 50 years

Comment

• nari
                            nari commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Svein, I did not phrase the statement properly. Sorry! I meant the houses appear to my Oz eyes, "perched where possible" on the rock. According to my geology of Norway book, the rock foundation under these houses (as viewed from the wharf, for example) is plutonic - or gabbro, which is similar. Too much wine tonight, perhaps. Hope you are well and I really like your photos.

• Sterkoder
                            Sterkoder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ah, now I see it all so clear.
                            Yes, the houses in Kristiansund are really built where ever possible, that's correct. Sorry for being so slow :-D ;-)

In Kristiansund, inside the area Vågen close by Mellemværftet, it's a place called Kranaskjæret (with a history of its own).
                          Now they are building a restaurant and facilities for guests visiting with private boats there, and we can all follow the building process via a videocamera set up by our local newspaper.
                          Hope the link works in all countries.
                          In the live video we can also see the Pier and the docking place for cruise ships. To the left, we can see the beautiful scooner IDEAL, as I'm sure I've told you about in another thread.

Link: https://youtu.be/Q5cDD1LV-SQ

This camera is live 24/, noe matter if there are construction workers there or not. Great view of the city.
                          And as I experience right now, they have turned the camera just a bit to the left so we can all see the harbor and straight out the Markussundet inlet, and down on the hurtigrute dock :-)
                          Last edited by Sterkoder; April 6th, 2018, 20:35.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X