No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good Svein - the rain has actually improved things a lot in those photos! Must have been blowy your way recently judging by Trollfjord hitting the news - and a 'rogue wave'?
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thank you.
      Yes, we had the strong winds and really bad weather just a few days ago, and TROLLFJORD got hit by a huge wave building up from current weather that evening and "old sea" from the storm before that.
      On top of it all it happened at Hustadvika, a place known for strong current and sea building up in combination with that and wind from a certain direction.
      And as we learned from our childhood years, be aware of the waves, and specially wave nr. 12 (or was it nr. 7?). That one has a tendency to be larger than the average of the other waves. (Don't know why).
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thanks for the wave info.
        If the 7th wave is a myth, then it sure has an important role as to educate children to be safe close to the waves, when they play around on the rocks as all coastal children have done in their time.
        When we grew up, we even "teased" the waves, and sure, there came a huge wave.
        I experience it today too, when I'm at the Atlantic road in rough weather. When I set up myself to take pictures on a safe spot..., after a while, there comes a huge wave which retire just centimeters from my feet.
        The scientists might call the 7th wave a myth, and I can agree that it can be anything but the 7th, but they don't have to tell me that there's not a wave much bigger than those average splashing towards me when I'm out there with my camera.

Comment

Truly wonderful new images from a wet and dark city - perhaps even cold!

Great to see that the pavilion still reminds "white" and have not been tagged out (yet).

Thank you so very much for sharing these inspiring images!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hi Sterkoder, now we're talking about a step-up regarding image quality in poor lighting - nice workz!

Comment

Not one Oscar-winning picture in this addition, just two from when Sterkoder got hungry for som "night snack" after an evening in a bar with good friends.
              One of my friends and former colleague, is the husband of Renu, a thai chef who just a few weeks ago opened her new restaurant and thai food take-away.
              The restaurant was of course closed for the night, but when we are friend with the manager and he has the key...., spring rolls, here we come!

Renu and her husbands small restaurant is across the street from the movie theatre
              ​​​​​​IMG_2896 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

And at at around 1:00 AM, there was one happy and well fed Sterkoder around.
              ​​​​​​IMG_2904 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

hahahahahaha.... looks like a very happy Sterkoder: not sure he became happy for the flag or the spring rolls(!?)

They must have been really good.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Last Friday, aboard Finnmarken.
                  Our call at Kristiansund Under a splendid sunny light.

Arrival
                  IMGP0646 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

The old sundbate
                  20180302_170207 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

A well known name on this forum.
                  IMGP0661 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

Comment

The snowcapped mountains in the background is such a delight.... like promises of spring.

Comment

Some more pics from Kristiansund, same day.

IMGP0641 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0644 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0647 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0649 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0656 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

IMGP0663 by yneac yneac, sur Flickr

Comment

Great report from my home town, thank you!

We have this weather still here and we've had our finest winter since I don't know when.

So you noticed the STERKODER sign. That's all what's left of the old ship building yard, the name. They are now in real estate and hire out their estate to oter companies in need of space.

The old sundbåt is FRAMNÆS, a copy of the old one used on our harbour up until 1951, the last sundbåt powered by steam.
                        FRAMNÆS was built as yard nr. 1 at Moss yard in 1908 and was a copy of the ferries used on Hudson river in New York. Our FRAMNÆS of today is a new built sundbåt operational from 16. June 2012.

Comment

A picture taken around 1890 of the Mellemværftet yard, and a picture of the same taken by me a couple of weeks ago

​​​​​​Mellemværftet ca. 100 år siden by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Mellemværftet 2018 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

And we're experts on parallell parking in this city....NOT
                            ​​​​​​SSL24805 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Today, my daughters Ford Fiesta had its first service at the Ford dealer. During that service, I took my Pentax on my shoulder and walked around in the upper part of Kristiansund.

Nope, not Murmansk. This is a passage between two city streets.
                              ​​​​​​SSL24864 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nice colours and light in that passage.At least I think so
                              ​​​​​​SSL24866 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Kristiansund is known as the polycrome city
                              ​​​​​​SSL24870 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A music house for many years in Kristiansund, the TEMPO house. Tempo is a popular corps/band
                              ​​​​​​SSL24872 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Not the main entrance, but never the less, a nice door on the east wall of an old building uptown.
                              ​​​​​​SSL24874 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

An old villa near a sports arena uptown (this is Wergelandsveien 2 near Johan P. Clausens street, if you look on a map)
                              SSL24876 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I belive it's called the Santos Villa, built by a portugeese called Carlos Santos, who once was in the klippfish/bacalao business
                              SSL24878 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Had to try one in b/w
                              SSL24879 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

The sports arena popularly called Idrett, near the Santos Villa
                                ​​​​​​SSL24877 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This is the old school where a part of the structure will be a part of the new culture and opera house in Kristiansund
                                ​​​​​​SSL24886 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

One of the bank buildings in the city. This is the main office of a local bank, Sparebank1 Nordmøre
                                ​​​​​​SSL24887 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Detail of the cinema, Caroline Kinosenter
                                ​​​​​​SSL24889 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The open square between the library, cinema and Comfort Quality Hotel has free WiFi
                                ​​​​​​SSL24890 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The staircase between Thon Hotel Kristiansund (mind you, there are two Thon hotels in Kristiansund) and AMFI shopping mall
                                SSL24892 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

When the fence shadows are parallell with the steps on 26. March, the clock is 11:28 AM (haha)
                                SSL24891 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Just finished restoring this old house last year. Nope, not me..., but someone
                                ​​​​​​SSL24883 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X