No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good Svein - the rain has actually improved things a lot in those photos! Must have been blowy your way recently judging by Trollfjord hitting the news - and a 'rogue wave'?
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thank you.
      Yes, we had the strong winds and really bad weather just a few days ago, and TROLLFJORD got hit by a huge wave building up from current weather that evening and "old sea" from the storm before that.
      On top of it all it happened at Hustadvika, a place known for strong current and sea building up in combination with that and wind from a certain direction.
      And as we learned from our childhood years, be aware of the waves, and specially wave nr. 12 (or was it nr. 7?). That one has a tendency to be larger than the average of the other waves. (Don't know why).
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thanks for the wave info.
      If the 7th wave is a myth, then it sure has an important role as to educate children to be safe close to the waves, when they play around on the rocks as all coastal children have done in their time.
      When we grew up, we even "teased" the waves, and sure, there came a huge wave.
      I experience it today too, when I'm at the Atlantic road in rough weather. When I set up myself to take pictures on a safe spot..., after a while, there comes a huge wave which retire just centimeters from my feet.
      The scientists might call the 7th wave a myth, and I can agree that it can be anything but the 7th, but they don't have to tell me that there's not a wave much bigger than those average splashing towards me when I'm out there with my camera.
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Truly wonderful new images from a wet and dark city - perhaps even cold!

Great to see that the pavilion still reminds "white" and have not been tagged out (yet).

Thank you so very much for sharing these inspiring images!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hi Sterkoder, now we're talking about a step-up regarding image quality in poor lighting - nice workz!

Comment

• Sterkoder
            Sterkoder commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you.
            For #1545/1 I used a tripod (obviously), and my settings were 36mm, ISO100, f/8.0, 15 seconds on the shutter, mirror up function for minimum vibrations and a remote control.
            For #1545/3 the settings were 60mm, ISO100, f/8,0 and 20 seconds on the shutter. Just as examples.
        Working...
        X