No announcement yet.

This is Kristiansund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMADEA visited Kristiansund today, and the harbour sightseeing on board sundbåt ferry FRAMNÆS seemed to be near fully booked. Returning from Grip, we see the charter boat Hagbart Waage to the right
    SSL21990 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Framnæs
    SSL21994 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thank you for the beautiful photographic update from KSU, Sterkoder!

I saw a program on Norwegian Broadcasting a few days ago from HAGBART WAAGE's first trip out to Grip this season: sort of a minute for minute program.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Whenever Grip is mentioned, there's a pilot involved.
        All cruise ships sailing from Trondheim or Kristiansund, sail into international waters via Grip. They sail during the night, and re-entry Norwegian waters via the dedicated spot they take pilot on board down nearby Ålesund.
        That's the only reason I see for putting up Kristiansund/Grip as departure point. No ship has ever sent pax in with tenders.
        As for Amadea, she was in Kristiansund, as will Berlin as she visit us from 13:00 to 22:00 today, 14th July.
        It will happen again in August, when Amadea once more sail from Tromsø to Kristiansund and Ålesund after that.

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        No nothing to do with dropping pilot at Grip. It only applies to vessels arriving Aalesund from Kr.sund, not the many that arrives from Trondheim. (I.e. only the two mentioned ships)
        Nothing to do with how they declare on AIS either, since this refers to the Cruise List issued moths ago.

• Sterkoder
        Sterkoder commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok. Then I guess they declare Kristiansund/Grip as departure port because they came to port, moored and stayed for the day (AMADEA 10th July and BERLIN today, 14th July) and left, via Grip pilot pickup/delivery to go to Ålesund. The next time you will see this is 10th August, when AMADEA once again will call Kristiansund from Tromsø, and leave via Grip to Ålesund.

Kristiansund 14. July 2017.

A boat from the Netherland Kustwacht visited
      SSL22068 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This building is anuder rebuilding to be a new office and service building for the city administration
      SSL22074 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Details from the east wall of the yellow building
      SSL22071 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Around the Pier
      SSL22072 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

In the old days, or at least up to the late 1970s, fishermen came to the city with their small boats to sell fish. Then they moored bow in side by side along these steps, hence called the Fisketrappa (the fish stairs)
      SSL22075 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sundbåtferry Framnæs moored at her designated place in the city
      SSL22079 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the Pier looking towards the cruiseship
      SSL22081 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Looking the other way. The green fern, (bregne, in norwegian), growing out of the wall of Brasseriet restaurant caught my eyes
      SSL22084 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
      Last edited by Sterkoder; July 17th, 2017, 08:42.

Comment

Top part of the high building of the Quality Grand Hotel
        SSL22095 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Thon Hotel on the other side, over at Innlandet
        SSL22097 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The captain of sundbåten relax at the gangway, and a boy is eager to get on board for a ride around the harbour
        SSL22100 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The kustwacht vessel from Netherland and the main office of the Port Authority to the right
        SSL22101 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

In Kristiansund we have an old abandoned school which will be torn down to be replaced by a 'Kulturhus' or rather a new opera house..., whenever that time comes.
          Anyway, I was lucky enough to get inside the building, legally, in May 2016 and here are a few of my pictures from that visit.
          Some might have been published before, but due to the Photobucket-problems, I guess they are long gone, so I repost together with five-six new ones.
          I use about 25-30% HDR in these images, as I belive HDR can be defended in Urbex photography.
          This is not Urbex per say, because vandals has been inside to "help" the time a bit, but anyway...

Copy of Fil_000-1500213359446 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A wall in a room at the third floor
          Copy of Fil_001-1500213391422 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A corridor at the third floor.
          Copy of Fil_002-1500213428084 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Detail from an old cinema movie machine
          Copy of Fil_003-1500213465582 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the basement
          Copy of Fil_004-1500213503567 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A corridor below ground level
          Copy of Fil_005-1500213567574 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

One of the vandalized class rooms
          Copy of Fil_006-1500213617558 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Many has been here before me
          Copy of Fil_007-1500213674237 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

An old radiator at the school kitchen
            FullSizeRender (21500213722522 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The western staircase between floors
            FullSizeRender (31500213797741 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Someone most certainly learned something here some day
            FullSizeRender-1500213853290 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The remains of an old piano
            Piano-1500213926834 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I wanted reflections, so I poured half a liter of water on the floor. I also liked that chair in the distance there
            Refleks-1500213993305 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

WAAAAOOOW:......

First things first, I don't think I have ever seen any images from on board the FRAMNÆS... has anyone been on board to document her with a camera?

Secondly, the abandoned building photos are so appealing to me - I had to see them literally a handful of times over and over again. How exciting!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks.
                If abandoned buildings and the "tooth of time" is appealing to you, as it is to me, click into Rebecca Bathorys homepage at www.rebeccabarthory.com, and I can assure you will be stunned.
                Also click into her short video about making the Orphans of Time and turn up the volume. If that doesn't give goosebumps, noithing will...

I might have a couple of interior pictures from Framnæs. Will look them up.
                urbex, dark, decay, fine art photography, fine art photographer, finerart, fine artist, old, history, urban exploration, rebecca bathory

Comment

• pakarang
                  pakarang commented
                  Editing a comment
                  WAOW... that is a link I need to spend some time looking at. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing!

About those interior pictures from Framnæs, the sundbåt, I didn't have as many as I thought. Must get more in the future.
                IMGP8467 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP8473 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This old power handle is just mounted for the looks. The power from the engine is controlled by a modern joy stick
                IMGP8476 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The staircase down to the engine room is made out of steel, but they have used a paint technique called 'lasering' in Norwegian. Then it looks like mahogany
                SSL20631 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

So awesome... I really need to visit FRAMNÆS at my next trip to Kristiansund! Certainly built with old traditions in mind!

Comment

• Tommi
                    Tommi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree, she looks very nice indeed!

This is an old music pavilion in Kristiansund, with very poor acoustic performance. No musician or band like it at all.
                  Therefore, over the years, it has been used by the "loose birds" in the city as a place to gather and drink their alcohol, and it has been totally tagged down. No nice grafitti, only pure ugly tags.
                  This year Kristiansund can celebrate its 275th birthday, and so the city authorities used some money to refurbish such constructions, and icons, around in the city.
                  Hope it stay this way for a while.
                  SSL22625 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; July 27th, 2017, 08:24.

Comment

• Tommi
                    Tommi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The 'birds' have close to leave their bottles though... :-)
                    I've worked on similar stages, the only solution is to perform music that needs so much amplification that the natural acoustics are covered by the amplification.

I do remember that pavillion from Kristiansund and I'm so happy to see that it has been restored and repainted - and pray that the taggers leave it alone!

So pretty as long as they spraycans are kept away!

Comment

I'm truly sorry for hijacking your city's thread but here is a couple of images of the former Sundbåten - sad to see her rusting away like this:

2012_07_22 MAVIC Crystal Symphony-DJI_0145 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2012_07_22 MAVIC Crystal Symphony-DJI_0161 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

- and one more if I may: if you arrive by car or other vehicle-types, you may have to cross the floating bridge BERGSØYBRUA:

2012_07_22 MAVIC BergsoyBridge-DJI_0162 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Comment

Nice new pictures in this thread, Jan-Olav.
                        Yes, the sundbåten Nordsund is a sad sight. People in Kristiansund are angry towards the owner (NOT Thon Hotels) who is a private guy nobody can get hold of. Anyway...

Yesterday, in a downpour of rain, I took my weathersealed Pentax for a walk down by the Mellemværftet Yard in Vågen and the skate park where I parked my car.
                        It has been my view, and I've said it for many years, why can't Kristiansund grab the opportunity to be THE street art city of Norway? Finally someone picked up the glove, so to speak, and after the very first street art workshop held, the city gave the street art artists a wall to paint. The city painted it whit first, and it was (is) open for whoever want to get creative.
                        Let's hope we see street art many more places in the city in the future.

vågen1 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

vågen2 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Nothing special going on, just a motif. Like the raindrops on the water
                        vågen3 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A new old looking sign for the repair yard Mellemværftet (Værft, is an old word for repair yard in Norwegian)
                        vågen4 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The sad remains of the old sundbåt and city icon LYN.
                        vågen5 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Rear lower end with rudder/propeller and bow section
                        vågen7 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This old brick building housed the yards blacksmith in the first floor (ground) and engine repair section on the second floor. As we see, Mellemværftet had three slipways.
                        The boat up for maintenance in the picture belong to the yard and Nordmøre Museum
                        vågen8 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X