Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful evening and sunset photos... the clouds are truly strange... don't think I have ever seen anything like that myself.

With airpressure at 1050hPa here in the Trondheimsfjord, nights have been unusualy clear and stars have been bright.... spectacular time of the year.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Thank you all for your comments. Yes, the Kelvin-Helmholtz clouds are for real and rather stunning to watch in real life. I agree to what you say about the time of the year and how spectacular it is..., in the middle of the winter. I would call it spring. Anyway, I enjoy every day the snow is absent
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• AMEN!

Even though we don't have snow like we had in our childhood, I do not miss it.... as I get "older", I just can handle the snow, winter and dark, colorless forest any longer.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree with you there, Jan-Olav. And I suspect you mean CAN'T ?

• OOOPPS.... seems like the " 't " disappeared...

Off course, as you guessed, I can't stand winter or anything associated with the season.

Comment

• As Nautica visited Kristiansund this Sunday, many of the passengers booked a place on board the old SAR-vessel Hagbart Waage, now a charter boat operating in the route between Kristiansund and island Grip. In that green kiosk there, we find the Grip-boat ticket office and Kristiansund and Nordmøre Tourist info.
          SSL21953 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I suspect this is a nice place to live. Unlimited view to Sørsundet and the west part of the harbour, and the police station wall-to-wall
          SSL21941 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• AMADEA visited Kristiansund today, and the harbour sightseeing on board sundbåt ferry FRAMNÆS seemed to be near fully booked. Returning from Grip, we see the charter boat Hagbart Waage to the right
            SSL21990 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Framnæs
            SSL21994 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• Thank you for the beautiful photographic update from KSU, Sterkoder!

I saw a program on Norwegian Broadcasting a few days ago from HAGBART WAAGE's first trip out to Grip this season: sort of a minute for minute program.

Comment

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Whenever Grip is mentioned, there's a pilot involved.
                All cruise ships sailing from Trondheim or Kristiansund, sail into international waters via Grip. They sail during the night, and re-entry Norwegian waters via the dedicated spot they take pilot on board down nearby Ålesund.
                That's the only reason I see for putting up Kristiansund/Grip as departure point. No ship has ever sent pax in with tenders.
                As for Amadea, she was in Kristiansund, as will Berlin as she visit us from 13:00 to 22:00 today, 14th July.
                It will happen again in August, when Amadea once more sail from Tromsø to Kristiansund and Ålesund after that.

• ombugge
                ombugge commented
                Editing a comment
                No nothing to do with dropping pilot at Grip. It only applies to vessels arriving Aalesund from Kr.sund, not the many that arrives from Trondheim. (I.e. only the two mentioned ships)
                Nothing to do with how they declare on AIS either, since this refers to the Cruise List issued moths ago.

• Sterkoder
                Sterkoder commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok. Then I guess they declare Kristiansund/Grip as departure port because they came to port, moored and stayed for the day (AMADEA 10th July and BERLIN today, 14th July) and left, via Grip pilot pickup/delivery to go to Ålesund. The next time you will see this is 10th August, when AMADEA once again will call Kristiansund from Tromsø, and leave via Grip to Ålesund.

• Kristiansund 14. July 2017.

A boat from the Netherland Kustwacht visited
              SSL22068 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This building is anuder rebuilding to be a new office and service building for the city administration
              SSL22074 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Details from the east wall of the yellow building
              SSL22071 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Around the Pier
              SSL22072 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

In the old days, or at least up to the late 1970s, fishermen came to the city with their small boats to sell fish. Then they moored bow in side by side along these steps, hence called the Fisketrappa (the fish stairs)
              SSL22075 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Sundbåtferry Framnæs moored at her designated place in the city
              SSL22079 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the Pier looking towards the cruiseship
              SSL22081 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Looking the other way. The green fern, (bregne, in norwegian), growing out of the wall of Brasseriet restaurant caught my eyes
              SSL22084 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
              Last edited by Sterkoder; 5 days ago.

Comment

• Top part of the high building of the Quality Grand Hotel
                SSL22095 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Thon Hotel on the other side, over at Innlandet
                SSL22097 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The captain of sundbåten relax at the gangway, and a boy is eager to get on board for a ride around the harbour
                SSL22100 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The kustwacht vessel from Netherland and the main office of the Port Authority to the right
                SSL22101 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• In Kristiansund we have an old abandoned school which will be torn down to be replaced by a 'Kulturhus' or rather a new opera house..., whenever that time comes.
                  Anyway, I was lucky enough to get inside the building, legally, in May 2016 and here are a few of my pictures from that visit.
                  Some might have been published before, but due to the Photobucket-problems, I guess they are long gone, so I repost together with five-six new ones.
                  I use about 25-30% HDR in these images, as I belive HDR can be defended in Urbex photography.
                  This is not Urbex per say, because vandals has been inside to "help" the time a bit, but anyway...

Copy of Fil_000-1500213359446 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A wall in a room at the third floor
                  Copy of Fil_001-1500213391422 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A corridor at the third floor.
                  Copy of Fil_002-1500213428084 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Detail from an old cinema movie machine
                  Copy of Fil_003-1500213465582 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

From the basement
                  Copy of Fil_004-1500213503567 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

A corridor below ground level
                  Copy of Fil_005-1500213567574 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

One of the vandalized class rooms
                  Copy of Fil_006-1500213617558 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Many has been here before me
                  Copy of Fil_007-1500213674237 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• An old radiator at the school kitchen
                    FullSizeRender (21500213722522 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The western staircase between floors
                    FullSizeRender (31500213797741 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Someone most certainly learned something here some day
                    FullSizeRender-1500213853290 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The remains of an old piano
                    Piano-1500213926834 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

I wanted reflections, so I poured half a liter of water on the floor. I also liked that chair in the distance there
                    Refleks-1500213993305 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• WAAAAOOOW:......

First things first, I don't think I have ever seen any images from on board the FRAMNÆS... has anyone been on board to document her with a camera?

Secondly, the abandoned building photos are so appealing to me - I had to see them literally a handful of times over and over again. How exciting!

Comment

• Thanks.
                        If abandoned buildings and the "tooth of time" is appealing to you, as it is to me, click into Rebecca Bathorys homepage at www.rebeccabarthory.com, and I can assure you will be stunned.
                        Also click into her short video about making the Orphans of Time and turn up the volume. If that doesn't give goosebumps, noithing will...

I might have a couple of interior pictures from Framnæs. Will look them up.
                        urbex, dark, decay, fine art photography, fine art photographer, finerart, fine artist, old, history, urban exploration, rebecca bathory

Comment

• pakarang
                          pakarang commented
                          Editing a comment
                          WAOW... that is a link I need to spend some time looking at. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing!

• About those interior pictures from Framnæs, the sundbåt, I didn't have as many as I thought. Must get more in the future.
                        IMGP8467 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP8473 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

This old power handle is just mounted for the looks. The power from the engine is controlled by a modern joy stick
                        IMGP8476 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The staircase down to the engine room is made out of steel, but they have used a paint technique called 'lasering' in Norwegian. Then it looks like mahogany
                        SSL20631 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Comment

• So awesome... I really need to visit FRAMNÆS at my next trip to Kristiansund! Certainly built with old traditions in mind!

Comment

Working...
                          X