Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbucks finally in Norway!

Starbucks finally in Norway!

Some of the most long-standing members probably remember the Starbucks thread we had in the Norway-section at the old forum (linked here).

Last Saturday, whilst shopping groceries at a local Bunnpris in Trondheim, I came across Starbucks coffee...!

Evidence below... the price was pretty steep though, 49,90 NOK per bottle!

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

WOW! Well, it’s a start isn’t it! No doubt you’d like to think they have infiltrated the supermarkets to increase brand awareness before opening the first actual café in Norway . . . (in Trondheim naturally )

I would have loved to have seen the expression on your face when in the course of a routine shopping trip you suddenly saw that mermaid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have never tasted Starbucks (had this been on a certain aviation forum, I would be left alone like a second hand human being), but I can pinpoint where in the world I've tasted the best coffee ever:

In the rotating restaurant of the radio- and tv-mast in Hamburg!

I don't know what type of coffee it was, but it was the best taste ever...., and I just wonder: have anyone else had the opportunity to drink their coffee there and by any chanse know the type...???
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

hrmmf! Good for you, Jan-Olav! But I have to admit that your headline gave me big hopes that a Starbucks Coffee shop finally had opened in Oslo, and thet I could have surprised my wife, who's a big starbucks fan, with a trip there this easter

Comment

Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
          hrmmf! Good for you, Jan-Olav! But I have to admit that your headline gave me big hopes that a Starbucks Coffee shop finally had opened in Oslo, and thet I could have surprised my wife, who's a big starbucks fan, with a trip there this easter
          Your wife is not alone... I'm a member of the facebook-group too, and there are many fans of Starbucks in this country. Me included....

And ostafjells, you may now send your wife to Frappuccino at Deli De Luca in Oslo, they have lots of various blends for sale!

And Sterkoder (anyone noticed how similar Sterkoder and Starbucks sounds... ) mentioned good coffee, I had one good one as well, that was not Starbucks. It was in a local coffee shop in Lisbon, Portugal. I had been renting a car with a driver for a day whilst we had an overnight there, and while I was waiting for my Thai Visa to be completed at the Thai Embassy there, the driver took me to a local coffee shop.... apparently, coffee is religion in some parts of Portugal.

It was served piping hot in a tiny cup: it kicked like only 3 simultaneous Red-Bulls can. Espresso: very hot, very strong... but so delicious!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by ostafjells View Post
            Little S--why didn't you tell me that she is a fan? I happen to make semi-regular Starbucks runs for SOMEONE here..........

Captain. I have taught you how to make frappuccino. You should not be having to pay all that much. Is it really that much? Forget the ferry and let's go into the coffeehouse business......geez. Here, it's a 4 pack for about USD6..is that about NOK35?

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
              Here, it's a 4 pack for about USD6..is that about NOK35?

Your mathematical calculations are spot on Lady E!

Comment

Available two story location downtown Trondheim: any investors want to help me open Norway's first Starbucks branch here?

Comment

YIIIHHAAAAA:...... Stop Press.... Starbucks comes to Norway!

http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/innenr...cle1584382.ece

But, the plan says within the next 3 years, and only to airports in the beginning.... within 3 years...??? OMG!

Can't wait to include a stop at Starbucks on my trips to town... if they do come to Trondheim, that is...

Comment

*sniff, sniff, wipe away a tear...*
                    I guess our beautiful relationship is coming to an end....you won't need me anymore......
                    *sniff*

actually, I think you should volunteer to become a local partner. I can't imagine anyone better to be the national Starbucks director............

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                      *sniff, sniff, wipe away a tear...*
                      I guess our beautiful relationship is coming to an end....you won't need me anymore......
                      *sniff*

actually, I think you should volunteer to become a local partner. I can't imagine anyone better to be the national Starbucks director............
                      It's still waaaaay into the future... they are talking about an aspect of 3 full years before they are here, and then, only in airports.

I guess Trondheim might be even further into the future....

That means, if you still wish, we can still continue our very special privileged "relationshipment" for many years more...

Yes, I think I would make a (sorry the expression) hellu'va CEO for Starbucks in Norway!

Comment

Starbucks finished coffees are now selling at Bunnpris, Coop and Rema1000 in Norway, from the cold-drink fridges:

2,2 dl for the price of 20 kroner.

Comment

.... and yes, I do admit to having a serious Starbucks drinking cup/mug fetish:

Comment

That's ALL you have??? I have been slipping....

You need some NEW mugs.....

Do you buy the coffee cold and heat it up??? How does that work? Is it sealed or fresh or what?

Comment

I actually should have one more mug, but I think it might have been left in my cabin on Korsfjord. I love the Starbucks coffee mug designs, and it has become a small obsession of mine to collect them.

The Seattle Latte is an ice-coffee drink and can now be found in the refrigeration section of the grocery stores, besides the Norwegian Tine ice-coffees. The new Starbucks ice-coffees have been tremendously successful here in Norway according to several grocery-merchants, but they are a full 5 to 7 kroner more expensive than the Tine alternative.

Tine ice-coffee is retailing at around 14,90 kroner while Starbucks ice-coffee retails at 19,90 to 22,50 kroner (Coop versus Rema1000).

Comment

Working...
                              X