Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Åndalsnes

The mandatory troll

And colourful sales stands. Not all open on a Sunday...
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
      The mandatory troll
      He looks REALLY angry... wouldn't want to start a discussion with that troll.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
        He looks REALLY angry... wouldn't want to start a discussion with that troll.
        Looking again at your photo Sterkoder after reading pakarang’s comment…I think that troll is thinking “I’m not going to let that Seagull anywhere near my rock collection” !!!!

Comment

Well, I'm back home and have perfect signals for my internet connection. As I said in the thread about places in Norway without their own thread, I've been out driving again, and it involved three places.

Let me start by the first image, taken of the ugliest ferry in the region, maybe country..., JULSUND, after disembarking at Åfarnes on our way to Åndalsnes.

You might have guessed it; just had to have ORIANA in my albums

Her bulb was closer to the shore than I've ever seen on a ship here before

A bit odd those lines, but quite all right..., of cource

Comment

In Åndalsnes the spotter places are limited, so the only thing different in my pictures from this place is the ships themselves

Benches and funnel has the same colour, but they are not company benches ;-)

A somewhat mighty ship, given her name by Queen Elisabeth II in 1995.

Not so nice weather looking towards Isfjorden this time as it was when MSC LIRICA was here

Looks cosy outside one of the shops

Comment

Last one of the ship for now

And as we left Åndalsnes, signs came through that we are approaching winter again

Comment

It’s #19/2 that grabbed me the moment I saw it. For me it is taken in perfect weather – those masses of trees in two shades of green, the grey looming clouds and magnificently that edge of rocky mountainside. What a backdrop for a beautiful white ship taken from an ideal viewpoint. The buildings at each side of the frame and finally the exact placing of the funnel completes this hugely satisfying image.

And here also is a particularly striking “pakarang view” in this position where she’s moored.

As well as a “detail” photo, the almost abstract quality of #19/6 appeals to me as an image of simple lines and limited but contrasting colours.

Oh, and I chuckled at the delightful colour match of funnel and benches …and the traditional deck chair (which is typical of such chairs from my childhood home town!)

Comment

And as we left Åndalsnes, signs came through that we are approaching winter again
                  My first thought.... OHHHH, GOOOD NOOOOO, HAVE MERCY ON US!!! We haven't even had summer yet!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Awesome shots of the Oriana... such a beautiful ship, but that bow shot, she looks twisted....

Comment

Yes, I saw that too, but I mainly focused on the beautiful lines and forms.
                      From where I stood, almost getting my feet wet in the seaweed...., about 10meters from the bulb, it looked like that.
                      It's just how the hydrodynamic shape of a ship bow is.

As for that snowblower, I had the same thoughts as you..., and in the newspaper the next day, there was a huge article about the kids having to buy this and that as the school start soon. And, it's getting darker...
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; August 6th, 2012, 01:47. Reason: Change by to buy...

Comment

.....And, it's getting darker...
                        Inevitably we are going into autumn, and I'm left feeling we haven't even had summer this year... I think I have BBQ'd only once or twice so far this year!

Comment

Working...
                        X