• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNAalesund
    started a topic This is Ålesund

This is Ålesund

http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=550

Continuing this thread from our old home

This is a photo taken from Spjelkavik towards Ålesund.

Last edited by TNAalesund; June 29th, 2013, 18:59.

• pakarang
    replied
    So awesome to be able to see these images without having been there, and so nice to see that the Queen also visited the event. I believe His Majesty the King had left already for Oslo?

Love the image of the Royal Yacht with the bonfire in the background - such a nice catch!

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    #1065/1 is an absolutely amazing picture!!!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Time for some fireworks:

Then for grilling hamburger by helicopter:

The Royal Yacht Norge didn't venture into the flock of boats before near the end, when the fleet had thinned out:

But at least the Queen with her nearest and dearest got to see the embers of the bonfire from the comfort of the Royal Yacht Norge:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Slinningsbaalet 2019.
    06. June; Nearing completion, but still a lot of pallets to be manhandled to top it off:

Completed in time for 22.June burning. It topped out at 38 m.
    Seen here together with the Royal Yacht Norge with the Queen on board waiting at Stornespiren:

The climbers on the way up to light the fire:

And the onlooker at the bottom:

Fire set at 2100 hrs. as planned this time:

The climbers safely down again:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Never ever seen anything like that before, it's a first time for everything.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    even now it's well done. LOL

• ombugge
    replied
    The Burger King stunt was done WITH ONE BURGER on the tray!!!: https://www.smp.no/video/2019/06/23/...t-19333169.ece
    PS> They had to fly off somewhere to flip the burger and come back, since nobody volunteered to do it "on the fly".

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Slinningsbaalet will go up in flames today, one day before St.Hans' day. This year will not be a new record attempt, but they are planning another stunt. Hamburger a la Slinningsbaalet anyone?:
    https://www.smp.no/nyheter/2019/06/2...t-19328504.ece

I hope they have considered the down draft from the rotor blowing sparks around and loss of lift due to the heat above.
    Let's hope we don't end up with grilled Helo and burning boats on the fjord.

This would be especially embarrassing with the Queen watching: https://www.smp.no/nyheter/2019/06/2...p-19329468.ece

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    The number of hours and minutes of daylight is the same anywhere. The difference is that up here it comes in lumps during the summer months.
    I'm not sure I will ever get used to it again. (Especially the dark bit)

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    The good news: Today is summer solstice. The day is 20h 0 min. long. 15h 3min. longer than at winter solstice 21. Dec.
    Sunrise in Aalesund: 03:37 Sun down: 23:37

The BAD news: The sun has turned and every day from now until 21.Dec. will be shorter and the nights darker.
    Saw it on the news, and as I stepped ashore from the ferry today, at 17:54 hours.... the sun was turning!

Can't believe we are already heading towards "darker times".... I wish we could stay just like this a long time more. Life is so hard.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The good news: Today is summer solstice. The day is 20h 0 min. long. 15h 3min. longer than at winter solstice 21. Dec.
    Sunrise in Aalesund: 03:37 Sun down: 23:37

The BAD news: The sun has turned and every day from now until 21.Dec. will be shorter and the nights darker.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Just as well, Jan-Olav. Our forecast is for this weather to carry on during next week as well, although not so violent. Today is a mix of bright, warm sunshine (if you can find a spot out of the bitter north wind) and really heavy almost horizontally blown hailstorms.
    I was on duty at the museum this morning - not the warmest of places - and took a plastic mac, a rain hood and an umbrella as well as wearing my anorak and a thick mohair scarf.over a jumper, a very thick cardigan and my thickest skirt. But the weather gods took pity and held up the showers as I walked there and also on my return home.

• pakarang
    replied
    And just now, when I was so tired of winter, it came back. But, it's not going to be here for a long time.

Oh, just remembered I was SUPPOSED to have my winter tires replaced with summer tires at 09:00 this morning. I completely forgot that!

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    It says "Write something". All I can say is WOW !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X