No announcement yet.

This is Ålesund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This spring I took a picture of an apple tree in the middle of town in full floweringØ

Here it is now, with the apples nearly ripe and ready:

Somebody had already picked the low hanging fruits and broken off branches to get the not so easy to reach apples as well.

Comment

White sails on Borgundfjorden:

Comment

Spotted this contraption on Aspovaagen during our"Indian Summer" (24. Sept.2017):

Looks like they are enjoying their outing on a slow mowing raft:

Reminds me of my childhood days when we would bang together rafts from just about anything that would float and paddle around on the same Aspovaagen.
        (Minus the life vests and outboard motor of course. A couple of home made paddle oars would do)

Comment

Indian Summer in Aalesund the last week or so:

But clear signs that autumn is here:

Comment

This years seagull chicks have grown up and taken their rightful place:

Still not fully plumed as grown ups yet though.

Hopefully the approaching boat will bring lunch:

If not there is always some generous tourists at Skateflukaia:

Comment

Oldboys rowers are taking advantage of the nice weather to get in some training before the season ends:

As do some Kayakers:

Why they stop for a chitchat I don't know. (It would have been more comfortable to visit a Coffeeshop for that)

Comment

With the Cruise ships gone the ISPS gates are open and the hobby fishermen take advantage of the opportunity to reach deep water:

While others have got their fill and need a rest:

Why do they stand on one foot anyhow??

Some flowers are still blooming, so there are still hope:

UFO??:

Comment

Things are changing quickly at this time of the year, not least the weather.
                  View towards Sula after a nice day on 4th Oct. 2017:

On 5th Oct. heavy rain showers drifted in from the west:

This morning 7th Oct. the first dusting of snow could be seen at the very highest top of Sula:

But when we got the next glimpse of Sule a couple of hours later it was gone with the rain:

The rule of thumb is; when the snow shows on Sula it is really autumn, but it is not really winter before the snow hit Sukkertoppen.
                  (OK, my newly invented rule, anyhow.)

Comment

Its not entirely winter yet:

But we are getting there:

Comment

987-1 is so beautiful and tranquil - truly serene place!
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Steinvaagsbroa that connect Hessa with Aspoya, the town center in Aalesund and by extension, the WORLD, will be renovated to ensure that this beautiful bridge will still be there for the next generation and beyond:

This is of course part of my earliest memories. The opening of the bridge in 1953 was a milestone and a total change of "life style" in my young and tender days.

There is long article on smp.no today, but unfortunately behind the pay wall.

Comment

Another architectonic masterpiece is Ronnebergbua in the centre of Aalesund, built 1907 and still as good looking as ever.
                          The company that owned it originally, Ronneberg & Sons was already 62 years old when this was built:

I don't know what this decoration is supposed to symbolize, but it looks more like something from Easter Island, or Peru:

Any Aalesund expert here that can enlighten me/us??

Comment

• yvneac
                            yvneac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't remember this building.Next time I am in Aalesund,perhaps next February, I'll try to find it.

Maybe you remember it when you see it from this angle?:

Comment

• yvneac
                            yvneac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Absolutely.Now I remember it well.Thank you Ombugge.
                        Working...
                        X