X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next is from the south side of town at 1456 - 1500 hrs.:

Comment

1507 hrs. Kong Harald on the way north bound under a darkening sky:

By 1535 hrs. we were back in the house and the sun had gone below the horizon:

Not much colours.

Comment

• Sigve
        Sigve commented
        Editing a comment
        In the "Good old days" there were a lot of bus companies in Ålesund. Landes Rutebiler/bybussen, Spjelkavikruta, Emblemsruta, Sularuta, Skodjeruta, Ørskog/Stordalen, Stranda/Sykkylven, Mørebil - just to mention some, I may have forgotten many. When the Rutebilstasjonen were built in the early 60-ies, it was very modern and ahead of its time.

Thank you for this winter holiday in Alesund. It is nice to see all the buses parking in the depot over the holidays year for year. And there were plenty of new, unknown sights. I enjoyed this very much. Seems you will return to Singapore soon?
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

In the "Good old days" there were a lot of bus companies in Ålesund. Landes Rutebiler/bybussen, Spjelkavikruta, Emblemsruta, Sularuta, Skodjeruta, Ørskog/Stordalen, Stranda/Sykkylven, Mørebil - just to mention some, I may have forgotten many. When the Rutebilstasjonen were built in the early 60-ies, it was very modern and ahead of its time.
        Speaking of the buses, here is the Time Express bus, plying the route Volda - Aalesund - Molde - Kr.sund every hour during the day and evening (0700 - 2300, or 7/11 if you want):

The medium range buses have go a different colour scheme from the short range and long range buses:

Comment

I find I still got some pictures from Aalesund from our last days there that haven't be posted yet.

High tide and windy. Even the narrowest part of Brosundet have waves:

Wyvern af Aalesund being prepared for the winter:

The shortest "Pilot Ladder" I have ever seen:

Comment

Rescue vessel Emma Dyvi is a regular in Aalesund:

As is Los 108:

And Tidelyn:

Comment

Langevaagsbaaten Voeringen arriving in Aalesund:

Difference in size is not caused by optical illusion:

On the contrary.

Comment

Reflection in the new Raadhuset facade:

You may look forward to a lot more reflections when the light gets better and the cruise ships arrives.

Comment

I stumbled on this nice video with remarkably nice light/weather conditions:

Comment

That must be VERY recently since there is snow on the ground, which only happened a couple of days ago.

Comment

It is 110 years since the big fire in Aalesund, something that has been "celebrated" by a traditional "Bybrann vandring": http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...cle9001973.ece

The recent fire at Laerdalsoyri a week ago was adding importance to the marking in Aalesund. Having watch the fire there live on TV gave most a clearer understanding of what it must have been like for those escaping the fire in Aalesund 110 years ago.

Comment

Skansekaia North just now:

Comment

Aalesund will be Port of Call during Tall Ships Race, 2015: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...cle9181865.ece

Comment

• Sterkoder
                            Sterkoder commented
                            Editing a comment
                            And we (my family) booked our hotel room as early as last year :-)

In Aalesund they know a thing or two about considerate parking: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...9498779.ece#39
                          Not much happening, but at least this gets Aalesund back on first page

Comment

Romance is in the air on Hessa: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article9732736.ece
                            But carefully!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X