This is Ålesund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Ålesund

Thanks for the kind words, Sterkoder :-) This is really embarrassing since I promised you here on the forum to start posting pictures again.. and that did not happened...
    I am really sorry for that. But I have now started in a new job here in Aalesund, and finally I have the time and the energy to get outside and shoot some pictures again :-) And I also got myself a new camera: Canon 60D :-)
    "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
    Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

My bus turned into the girl I share curtains with driving, so I got a few more minutes on my hand...

'TNAalesund' don't be sorry....., I'll cover for you as long as you need to.
      I love Ålesund, and be assure, there are thousands of motifs to find...., 900 not to be found by someone who lives there.

Congratulations on your new job...., maybe we meet someday...?
      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Thanks :-) Yes, that would be great :-) My better half and I spent a whole weekend in Kristiansund a couple of weeks ago. And I must say that I really love that city. We were staying at the new Thon hotel, which is a beautiful hotel :-)

Enthusiastically regards
        Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

I have now updated some of the pictures that was gone :-) More will come ;-)

Enthusiastically regards
          Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Sundown in Aalesund from Fjellstua at Asla mountain.

Enthusiastically regards
            Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

A fishingboat on its way to the sea early in the morning.

Enthusiastically regards
              Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

Sundown with the Giske bridge in the front.

Enthusiastically regards
                Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

So much happened in this thread, and I did enjoy looking at it while I was away. I see that I (probably undeservedly) have retained a reputation as an Ålesund expert, dating from that “then and now” challenge Ombugge set me some years ago!!!!

As it happens that was also an occasion when QM2 was in town. So Sterkoder, your photos bring back nice memories and I well remember the striking effect of a large ship on the townscape. I’m therefore all the more appreciating your new angles and viewpoints, and might if I may especially pick out the one with the foreground rooftops in #595/4 and 5, and the wall reflection of Celebrity Infinity in the new hotel. As for catching Norge on the same trip! WOW!

Can’t not mention the seagull nest, the ultimate pakarang view, and the rainy fence pole! All favoutites.

And so I was scrolling down admiring this and that when suddenly there was that lovely avatar of the Coat of Arms, and I cheered out loud TNAalesund is back!
                  Great to see you here, great to hear your news, and great photos (in other threads too I see).

Comment

Here is a new challenge. Can you match this one??:

Comment

Don't get it??? Here is the explanation: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...cle7926361.ece

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                        Here is a new challenge. Can you match this one??:
                        Looks very cold...., mohaahahaha :-b
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Nice yacht coming to Aalesund on Saturday: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...cle8020277.ece

Who is on board??? My guess is Bill Gates and family. (Fits with the age of children)
                          Last edited by ombugge; August 1st, 2013, 08:03.

Comment

From VIPs to UFO: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article8016339.ece

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                              Nice yacht coming to Aalesund on Saturday
                              More details on this one: http://www.superyachttimes.com/yachts/details/369 and http://www.edmistoncompany.com/yacht-charter/utopia-82/

Fancy chartering it for a week? I'm sure it won't cost too much!
                              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                                More details on this one: http://www.superyachttimes.com/yachts/details/369 and http://www.edmistoncompany.com/yacht-charter/utopia-82/

Fancy chartering it for a week? I'm sure it won't cost too much!
                                A mere 435.000 euro per week according to the article.

PS> It looks now like others have seen the possibility of it being Bill Gates coming to Aalesund for a stroll in the streets. (And maybe up the steps to Fjellstua???)
                                A visit to Atlanterhavsparken Aquarium is apparently already arranged.
                                At least he and his family will not have to compete with a large flock of cruise passengers. Only the Marina in town.
                                Lucky for them. If it was 07. Aug. when both the Rotterdam and QV will be there and the competition would be heavy for the best photo spots.
                                Last edited by ombugge; August 1st, 2013, 10:32. Reason: Add PS

Comment

Working...
                                X