This is Ålesund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Ålesund

Well, the day has come where I finally managed to edit my pictures from the roadtrip I performed Wednesday 19. June...., and so are at the treshold of the cronological problem I mentioned when uploading pictures from my trip to Ålesund 25. June.

Anyway, here we go with the 19th and from Naustveien at Hessa 07:30 in the morning, CELEBRITY INFINITY looked like this

Rounding Slinnigsodden and the huge St. Hans woodfire there, erected to be lit the 23rd.

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

There were three large ones in a rwo that Wednesday morning, and since AIDASOL sailed north of the city to dock at Flatholmen, CELEBRITY INFINITY were followed by QUEEN MARY 2

I really like the view when they round the Slinningsodden. Wouldn't work in blue skies and bright sunshine though, as at 08:00 in the morning the sun is making a direct headlight...

A seagull nesting at the wall of Slinningsbua

The Slinningsbua has most certainly seen better days

The Lady is turning to dock stern in

Comment

The turning around of such a construction takes time, and it continued for a few more minutes

The local passenger boat FJORDBUEN (going back and forth to Langevåg?) passed between me and the Queen several times

She's a beauty!!!!

Well, not every part of her though....

Comment

Details of QM2

Aksla with the restaurant in the background

The two docking a...... (ehem).... stern to stern

Well, which has the cutest....?

Also had time to take other pictures when in Ålesund, and it's therefore I want to keep my images from the one and same trip together in one thread instead of spreading them around so I can't find them myself.
          This lead to maybe too many cruisepictures in a thread not intended for it, but I hope it's ok J-O??

Comment

Nice view from Kaptein Linges vei on Hessa

Over to images suited for this thread, and we start with the expert on Ålesund and city guide Harald Grytten, whi finally got his statue near Brosundet

Also in Ålesund people clips locks to fences. Here are a few on the bridge over Brosundet
            Last edited by Sterkoder; June 29th, 2013, 14:56.

Comment

Walking my way towards what I belive is Ålesundet

Yeah...., a bit of fun as we walk...

A rusty mooring ring on the other side

Looking towards Brosundet

Over 500 meters of hull alongside the new and impressive cruise quay

Comment

Images speak for themselves

CELEBRITY INFINITY mirroring in the hotel wall vis-a-vis

Then I walked up-town, to Ålesund church (1908)

Comment

Near the church was a memorial to the fallen of second world war...

A few pictures showing the two cruiseships as a city backdrop.
                  ('ombugge'..., feel free to tell us where we are, I mean which street, what houses and so on)

Nice place to relax in front of the doors to the Brosundet Hotel

Comment

Pax from the two ships (and the third one AIDASOL at Flatholmen) are starting to gather at Brosundet for mandatory photography

Walking in to the pedestrian street Kongens gate

In Kongens gate we have 'Tusentrappen' (the Thousand step), despite the fact that it only got 53 steps...
                    From my point of view, a beautiful architectial creature which should be brought more forward by moving that phonebooth and cutting of the tree.

Comment

From 'Tusentrappen' the crowd in front of the souvenir shop looked like this

Raise your hands the one who think Ålesund is not beautyful...

Cutter MAUD in front of Brosundet Hotel

Just had to combine the new spottermobil and QM2. Never get that chanse again, perhaps...

Photo opportunity of AIDASOL you say...??? Well, here you go, my one and only image...., as there were security all over...
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; June 29th, 2013, 15:25.

Comment

Time to say good bye and see you soon to Ålesund for this time...

Many of the cruise passengers had to try the over 400 steps up to Aksla

Hope you had a great time in Ålesund too, although virtually....
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; June 29th, 2013, 15:29.

Comment

Well I may be a bit rusty. Maybe Seagull is able to identify the places better tan me??

But I will try. 595.2: Prestegata looking towards Prestebrygga.

595.3: Helegata. (Taken from the the crossing with Owregata)

595.4: Probably from Helleborg (Not sure)

595.5: From Bakkegata?

Sorry if I'm out here. I haven't spent much time walking around this part of town since I delivered newspapers there in the 1950's.

Comment

I see you write a PM, TNAalesund...., and man, is it great to have you back!!!!!!! You are greatly missed man!!!
                            If that PM is for me, I have to read it later, as my bus to the Tahitifestivalen depart at 18:05 from my house.
                            Tonight we're listening to CC Cowboys and drinking beer. Isn't that great...? :-)

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Sterkoder :-) This is really embarrassing since I promised you here on the forum to start posting pictures again.. and that did not happened...
                              I am really sorry for that. But I have now started in a new job here in Aalesund, and finally I have the time and the energy to get outside and shoot some pictures again :-) And I also got myself a new camera: Canon 60D :-)
                              "I may not be able to control the wind, but I can adjust my sails."

Enthusiastically regards
                              Torbjørn Nybø

Comment

My bus turned into the girl I share curtains with driving, so I got a few more minutes on my hand...

'TNAalesund' don't be sorry....., I'll cover for you as long as you need to.
                                I love Ålesund, and be assure, there are thousands of motifs to find...., 900 not to be found by someone who lives there.

Congratulations on your new job...., maybe we meet someday...?

Comment

Working...
                                X