Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Ålesund

Want to "go fishing"??
    In Aalesund you don't need to go very far: http://www.visitmr.com/index.php?pag...n_fra_hotellet

Comment

Late spring or early summer in Aalesund. The fruit blooming is nearing the end, but other trees and bushes are in full bloom:

The oldest house in Aalesund is almost covered in Rododendrons:

Comment

What happened here?? This house used to be full of flowers at this time of the year:

This is the beginning of "Borgernes vei":

This is a walking track along the north side of Aksla, from the City Park to Kolvikbakken. From there there is a walkway along the ridge of Aksla back to Fjellstua. A short trip down the steps and you are back at the City Park.

Comment

We did not take Borgernes vei this time, but turned off down Einarvika, where this villa is standing among housing blocks:

It was very nice weather, so the veteran cars were out with their roof off:

Comment

The new Norwegian Maritime Competance Centre in Aalesund:

Next to the Technical High School. Said to have the most sophisticated Ship Simulators in the world.
            Many of the leaders in Maritime and Offshore Technology have their office here: http://www.normarkom.no/index.php?language=en

Comment

Tall ship in Aalesund in 2015 is now confirmed??: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...cle7768305.ece
              Last edited by ombugge; June 18th, 2013, 17:44.

Comment

A lot of people walked the steps up (or down) to/from Fjellstua today:
                http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...e7776735.ece#2
                But I couldn't see Svein here??

I'm still waiting for the first CVF member to report having walked up Vannspringdalen though:

PS> This is the flat part.
                Last edited by ombugge; June 19th, 2013, 18:59. Reason: Add PS

Comment

But I couldn't see Svein here??
                  Nope.
                  I was walking around down town, in my bubble of photographer looking for motifs.
                  Took a few pictures of the tourists walking the steps though

Pictures to follow... (might be in a new thread as a trip report).
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Tall ship in Aalesund in 2015 is now confirmed??
                    I note you're using questionmarks, but as I understand the article, TSR will be in Ålesund 15.-18. July 2015.

Comment

The longest day of the year has gone, but here is some pictures from Slinningsbaalet this year:
                      http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...cle7801973.ece

Here is some historical pictures of St.Hans bonfire in Aalesund in the good old days:
                      http://www.smp.no/historie/article5198973.ece#1
                      I'm even in one of them.

Here is something to remember the summer by:
                      http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article7788825.ece
                      Last edited by ombugge; June 23rd, 2013, 17:15.

Comment

DeLux Family Room for three adults and a dog for three nights ordered at a hotel in Ålesund today. At least I know where my family and I will be 16.-19. July 2015

Anyway, went to Ålesund again today...., second time in a week.
                        This time I drove down together with my better half, as I were to accompany her in her doings.

Bonus to me was that cruise ships NAUTICA and MSC MAGNIFICA arrived.
                        I have a great many pictures of MSC MAGNIFICA from last Wednesday in Åndalsnes, but haven't had time to edit, so those will be posted after todays pictures..., making a hick-up in the cronology.

NAUTICA

Bow crest

The fog raised so it was possible to see Aksla and the restaurant up there
                        Last edited by Sterkoder; June 26th, 2013, 06:47.

Comment

A familiar guy at the bridge....

The new cruise quay is impressive

In the city center was the old car ferry BILFERGEN

Detail from the BILFERGEN bow. (With no comparison what so ever, the colours give me a 'Steve McCurry-feeling' )

Bow gate of the old ferry

Nice detail from BILFERGEN

Comment

Then the huge MSC MAGNIFICA arrived around Slinningsodden, where I usually stand early in the morning on my Ålesund visits

Turning around to dock stern in

Bus terminal, First Hotel and City Hall

City sightseeing bus is now an option also in Ålesund
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; June 26th, 2013, 06:51.

Comment

A rainy fence pole across the street from First Hotel

Then suddenly, as a complete surprice to me (!) , the Royal Yacht NORGE moored in the inner harbour.
                              And in the aft mast, it certainly looked as if the owner were on board.

Even the chef wanted pictures from Ålesund

The 'sjalupp'

Last edited by Sterkoder; June 26th, 2013, 06:52.

Comment

Proper saluting is in order

The ultimate Pakarang view..., or...?

Beautiful bow crest

This flag (Kongeflagget) indicates the King and/or Queen is on board (never did see them though).
                                Kongeflagget show a golden crowned lion with a silver axe. The silver axe were added in year 1280 and symbolizes the marty death of Olav den Hellige at Stiklestad in year 1030.
                                Someone say that this put Olav den Hellige as 'den evige konge' (eternal king) of Norway. The crown prince flag is the same, but has a soft split at the end.

And a picture of one of the many city benches end my posting from Ålesund this time. I like this city a lot!

Latest info:
                                The reason for the aft mast royal flag was that the Queen of Norway was on board.
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; June 26th, 2013, 15:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X