• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Ålesund

The latest picture of Raadhuset:

It is progressing, I think.

Comment

Some architectural details for those with such interests.
      Lovenvold Kino:

Across the road, this nice detail:

Comment

This from the former Ronnebergbua:

The old Kreditbanken:

Comment

We also had a look at the damages at the Radisson Blu:

Any guest who wants to sit at the outside will have to wear a Survival suite per HSE regulations. (No hand rails)

Comment

Slinningsbua is still standing and has been proposed for conservation:

The problem is to find something to use it for, and the money to do it.
            As far as I can remember the ceiling height is less than the standard 2.40 m., which MAY be a restriction as to possible re-use.

Comment

A more "classical" view from Aalesund:

That is likely to be the end of my reporting from Aalesund for this time. (Leaving to warmer climes tomorrow)

Hopefully others will contribute with new and interesting views of the town and the surroundings from hereon.

Comment

Thank you for the latest trip. I enjoyed it much and especially the alternative route to Askla will be something i intend to try out during my next visit.
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                  Thank you for the latest trip. I enjoyed it much and especially the alternative route to Askla will be something i intend to try out during my next visit.
                  I'm glad you enjoyed Aalesund in a not too wintry January.
                  The walk up to Aksla via Vannspringdalen is well wort a try. Less steps, but some interesting old buildings in the lower part.

There is also a route from the North side of town. Take Borgerne's vei from the City Park and you will find a sign to guide you. Very steep and not so easy to walk. (More of a climb)

If you continue along Borgerne's vei to Gangstovika, there is an easy way up to Aksla from the East and prepared paths all the way along the ridge to Fjellstua.
                  Not so easy to make out on this sign in Parken:

Borgerne's vei is the red track along the north side of Aksla. It has been many years since last I walked there and it is not for the sun hungry.
                  Last edited by ombugge; January 30th, 2012, 11:59.

Comment

Before I let go of Aalesund entirely I'll post a few more picture, taken in the last few days before we left.

Sunnmorsalpene from Meierikaia:

Last edited by ombugge; January 30th, 2012, 11:37.

Comment

I got some more pictures for "sameness" thread, but here is the final ones from the day we left.
                      Actually from Vigra Airport:

Comment

We are in the air:

Gamlemsveten TV transmitter:

Banking right and heading for Copenhagen. Sunnmorsalpene and Storfjorden come into view:

Hareidslandet in the background:

Sukkertoppen and Skolma. Sula on the left:

A final view of Aalesund as we climb into the clouds:

That is it from me for this time. I don't know when I'll be back in Aalesund, but I hope TNAlesund comes good on his promise to be more active on CVF and putting his new camera to good use. (Despite new baby and new house)

Comment

hi there

brillianr pics

thanks

wow so much space, it should feel great

however i think it might be cold and windy too!

best regards,
                          b.Joe

Comment

Thank you so much for this report from a most beautiful city!!!

I belive chances are good for me visiting one or two times this coming summer. (Depends on what cruiseship will be in on a Saturday or Sunday, but I've also promised to bring my family to Sunnmøre Museum)

As for that 'cannon bollard', I belive it is just that, a front of an old cannon. They used to have them here in Kristiansund also, but none are left.

And since it's been a while since I flew my little Piper over the area around Ålesund, it was really great to watch your airborne pictures.
                            As a private pilot, soon to be former, I must say we live in a very beautiful country!

Finally, I enjoy the nice lines and curves around the winglet there, and it is great that there's a possibility to go to Copenhagen from this part of Norway without going via the stressed Gardermoen.

Thanks again, 'ombugge' for giving me half an hour of delight before work, which start at 08:00 AM local
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Big thank you Ombugge for those great captures – spot on moments of the runway as the plane turned, and that view of the of the TV transmitter. Then the general views had me eagerly getting out the map and embracing the geopraphy.

Looking back a little in the thread, Vannspringdalen is very “me” and a looked-forward-to objective for some future date.
                              (And talking of objectives, I often think back with pleasure to that day you had me rushing around trying to match your "then and now" photo challenges! )

Comment

Looks like the winter came late this year in Aalesund:

Comment

Working...
                                X